• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will be the next mainstream Pokemon game?

Chimcharz719

ORAS Shiny Hunter IGN: Liam
Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    The next Pokemon game.... What will it be?

I believe the next Pokemon game will be a Sinnoh remake. Why? Good question. Believe it or not, there are clues in ORAS that lead me to this conclusion.For one, and many of you may have maybe seen this but not processed it in a progressive way, in the AreaNav, when you are just walking in an area with it on, the picture that shows the types of graphics is straight out of D/P/PT! Do you see it too? (That was worded badly, I apologize.)

Also, every single (in-game, non-event) legendary from Sinnoh is available in ORAS (Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Dialga, Palkia, Girantina, Cresselia)! That has to be a sign. Tell me what you think. Am I right? Or will Gen 7 come first?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen yesterday
    We just got an RSE remake. There's no way we're getting a DPPt remake. Not a chance. That's not even considering that DPPt can still be played on the DS/3DS.

If current patterns hold we're more likely to get a third version for XY or something completely random like a full on sequel.

Years
  • I think we're going to have either a sequel to XY or a Pokemon Yellow remake next. I'd be extremely happy with either, or even better, both!

I had a dream where they released two updated versions of Yellow with different special Pikachus as the mascots for each version. One could Surf and the other Fly. You could also customise their looks like Cosplay Pikachu and got a female if you were a girl and a male if you were a boy. It was a happy dream indeed!

Though let's face it, whatever they decide will be awesome! I just hope it's soon!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I thought that the DexNav graphics were more original Ruby/Sapphire style?

Also they crammed pretty much every non-event legendary from Gens 2-5 plus Deoxys into ORAS: http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/legendary.shtml

All the non-event Gen 5 legendaries are in there too, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we're getting a Gen 5 remake next.

I'm pretty sure that the very next set of main series games won't be Sinnoh remakes (and we'll still be in Gen 6), but as far as remakes go, Sinnoh is the most likely to get remade next, with Kanto re-remakes the 2nd most likely imo.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    A Gen 4 remake? DREAM ON! They need to get through Z/X2/Y2 and Gen 7 first. Plus, Gen 1's next in line. Sinnoh can wait until the next handheld.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    I think it's possibly Gen VII to be the next game. There was a new Pokemon (or possibly a form but I think it's a new Poke) shown on the previews before Hoopa and the Clash of Ages. I believe it's possibly a Gen VII Pokemon and that Gen VII is sooner than we may think.

Years
  • If that Serebii blurb about that mystery Pokemon pans out...

I just want either for 3DS
    - a game that introduces a mostly underground region
    or
    - a third Shadow Pokemon game that occurs in some region between Orre and Sinnoh/Kalos
    - what Emerald did to Hoenn to be done with Sinnoh. So Gen 4 remakes, but with Platinum's Distortion World and other important things.
    - new Pokemon Ranger with the Styler controlled by the C-stick

Feel trolled by Miror B?
    (i usually do)
    Crank Up the 3D!

And maybe we could get some Shadow Pokemon stuff as a TCG thing. Like some Shadow Pokemon-EX or "S Pokemon-EX"

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • I actually feel like the fact that all the Sinnoh legendaries are available in OR/AS is WHY it won't be a Sinnoh remake... it would be strange if they'd give us all the legendaries, only to release remakes of the games those are available in. Honestly? I see it as them giving us those legendaries again because they know it'll be a while before we get a remake.

My suspicion? A Kanto remake to celebrate the 20th anniversary. Kanto started it all, so it would be the perfect time for a second remake of it... and honestly, people don't seem to regard FR/LG all that highly after seeing HG/SS. I feel it'd be in Kanto's best interest to update it to the most modern version, and it's been long enough since FR/LG to justify it anyhow.

What I'd personally LIKE... would be a Kanto remake / XY sequel. Think about it... a game that combines Kanto and Kalos together, both regions... the oldest and the newest. It'd be an amazing way to celebrate the anniversary, and it'd be the first time we saw two regions together since Johto.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

• Also, every single (in-game, non-event) legendary from Sinnoh is available in ORAS (Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Dialga, Palkia, Girantina, Cresselia)! That has to be a sign. Tell me what you think. Am I right? Or will Gen 7 come first?

They put every non-event legendaryfrom Gen 2, Gen 3, Gen 4, and Gen 5 into ORAS. If it were only the Sinnoh Pokemon that were in ORAS, I think you'd have a point.

It seems most likely to me that Pokemon Z will be next (or whatever the next Kalos game will be called. I just use Pokemon Z as a convenient placeholder name). I've heard some people theorize that we won't get a third version for X and Y, but that seems highly unlikely to me. Right now Kalos feels really underdeveloped. There's still a lot of plot holes and mysteries left unsolved from X and Y--the most obvious being Zygarde's role in the clash between Xerneas and Yveltal, and the "true power" that it unleashes when the world's ecosystem is thrown off balance. Whatever the next 6th gen game is called, it's pretty obvious GameFreak isn't done with Kalos just yet.

I've heard people mention Kanto remakes (re-remakes?), but honestly, this doesn't seem likely to me :x We already got Kanto remakes with FireRed and LeafGreen.

Personally, I'd like to see GameFreak take a break from remake for a little while. I'd be more excited to see them come out with new games, new stories, and new characters, rather than recycling already existing ones.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • I've heard people mention Kanto remakes (re-remakes?), but honestly, this doesn't seem likely to me
    The only reason I personally feel Kanto re-remakes are likely is because the 20th anniversary is coming up, and you KNOW they'll do something considerably special for it. Since FR/LG aren't exactly highly regarded anymore, and never really were... it makes sense that they'd want to try remaking the original games again, more properly, with the 3D graphics for the 20th anniversary. If it WASN'T for it being the 20th? I wouldn't see them as likely.

Personally I'd prefer a new game as well... ideally I'd like to see a sequel to X/Y, but instead of just Kalos a little while after, make an all new region and connect it to Kalos. So, basically, you'd play through the new region on your way to Kalos. Since Gen VI introduced so few new Pokemon compared to -any- other generation, it'd make sense to add another 30-50 in the sequel.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • The only reason I personally feel Kanto re-remakes are likely is because the 20th anniversary is coming up, and you KNOW they'll do something considerably special for it. Since FR/LG aren't exactly highly regarded anymore, and never really were... it makes sense that they'd want to try remaking the original games again, more properly, with the 3D graphics for the 20th anniversary. If it WASN'T for it being the 20th? I wouldn't see them as likely.

That's true. If they do something for the 20th anniversary, I'd like to see them revisit Kanto without remaking the original games. Perhaps they could even make a game where you can travel between Kanto and Kalos? It's a long shot, but I'd love something like that, personally :)

Or maybe they'll give us something totally unexpected. You never know with GameFreak!

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • That's true. If they do something for the 20th anniversary, I'd like to see them revisit Kanto without remaking the original games. Perhaps they could even make a game where you can travel between Kanto and Kalos? It's a long shot, but I'd love something like that, personally :)

Or maybe they'll give us something totally unexpected. You never know with GameFreak!
    I'd love to see a Kanto-Kalos crossover, as well. It'd be kind of poetic in the sense that it'd be the first generation and the most recent coming together for their anniversary. That way it'd -sort- of be a Kanto remake, but a sequel to X/Y at the same time.

LucarioFan3

Needs A New Username lol
    Years
  • All honesty, knowing that Gen 1 is the most beloved gen to the fans, and Game Freak obviously knows that, plus the fact that the 20th anniversary is up, odds are for another set of Gen 1 remakes. And there's certainly no way GF's just going to do X2/Y2/Z without doing something special with them, like going to Kanto or something as a post-game thing.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm sorry, you are reading the signs wrongly. :/

In case you're a Sinnoh fan, you should be worrying if the creation trio and lake trio appeared, as it means no-Sinnoh remakes confirmed for you. {XD} I believe the DP or Pt remake will grace on Gen 8, rather than Gen VI or Gen 7. As long as DS cards remain playable at the latest handheld console, the Sinnoh remakes won't ever the light. :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Definitely leaning towards the next game being either Pokemon Z, or a pair of Kalos sequels. CoroCoro has just leaked showcasing the new blob Pokemon, it also shows that Zygarde is going to be in the upcoming Mega Evolution act. Either way it looks like Zygarde will be the mascot for the next game(s) perhaps with a new forme or two.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I agree that we will likely not hear anything regarding Sinnoh remakes until after release of generation seven. It's been their pattern to put-together a remake once every two generations, and I can't imagine them breaking out of this any time soon, unfortunately.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The word "flowers" has been connected to the future in the franchise following a recent interview one of the marketing directors. -- Full article

For me this can only mean one thing, Floette. We still have that unannounced event for Eternal Flower Floette which is quite obviously linked to AZ as we saw towards the ending of Pokemon X/Y. I'm assuming that AZ will have a more important role in whatever the next game(s) are, and we will have the chance to obtain the special Floette.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2016
    I've been thinking about a remake of both HGSS and FRLG in one remake. Pokemon Crystal Blue.
    Start from Pallet Town, story is mostly similar to FRLG, then head to Johto for a bit of a twist on the story. Sevii Islands accessible through boat and by Soar. Sinjoh Ruins make a return, and a new trainer to face against at MT. Silver.

Back