• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will the HGSS series be about?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I like my idea as more of a possibility since they didn't replace Haruka with Leaf.

I didn't really like the whole keeping May and yet leaving Leaf to rot in nothingness issue since, other than the fact that I hate May, I also realized that keeping May was pointless since they were in Kanto, among other things.

Of course, barring my viewpoints on that decision, there's a pretty big difference between the issue with what happened in FRLG BF season and what will probably happen. See, in the FRLG BF season, when they wrote that season, not only was FRLG considered Antiquated, but Emerald has deeply overshadowed it by then (Of course, why they decided to do the Battle Frontier in Kanto and give May a squirtle, anyways, when they could have easily used the location in the games and given May a Totodile just to advertize the fact that one can get a Johto starter after receiving the national dex is beyond me.). This time, it is different, as, not only is Platinum currently getting stale in Japan, but by the time HGSS is out in Japan, they would have probably beaten Volkner at least, and most likely challenged the league at the latest. Not to mention that the FRLG BF season belonged to a series that just did pokemon GBA games as a whole, and not a specific series of games, whileas the D/P series is pretty much focusing on just the DPPt series of games, as the title implies. Basically, unless the writers pull a fast one on us, Dawn's history.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Well, we won't know until a series is developed. I think that having a new girl introduced for only about 52 episodes is pointless.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I think it could go in many ways. The Sinnoh Battle Frontier with a bunch of Frontier Brains from Johto, or the reverse, a Sinnoh-like BF located in Johto (I even think Johto has been mentioned as having a BF in Season 9). Or they could completely ignore it, do an Elite 4/Sinnoh BF, and just throw a 5 episode arc with some Johto related plot.

Furanty

神の右手
    Years
  • I don't think there will be an HGSS series. But if it comes, then it probably will have to do with the GS-Ball. Would be great to see some of the Johto characters, including May, Drew, Solidad, Elm, Vincent and so on. But maybe there will just be a little Johto plot, such rescueing Suicune and Ho-oh from Team Annoyer

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, we won't know until a series is developed. I think that having a new girl introduced for only about 52 episodes is pointless.

Yeah, but then again, so is replacing some characters and not others (especially when the only reason why said characters are being switched around in the first place is so there would be "eyecandy swimsuit models."), and yet the writers seemed to do that anyways.

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
  • Well, we won't know until a series is developed. I think that having a new girl introduced for only about 52 episodes is pointless.

Well, Tracy wasn't along for much longer than just 52 episodes, so why not?

I don't think there will be an HGSS series. But if it comes, then it probably will have to do with the GS-Ball. Would be great to see some of the Johto characters, including May, Drew, Solidad, Elm, Vincent and so on. But maybe there will just be a little Johto plot, such rescueing Suicune and Ho-oh from Team Annoyer

Team Annoyer! LOL.
    But anyway, i don't think there'll be a GS ball involved, rather an HGSS ball or some type of amulets i.e. Heart Gold amulet and Soul Silver amulet. Ash and co would have to bring it to Kurt who somehow places them in the HGSS ball and voila: some kind of legendary Pokemon! (Celebi?). At least that was the intention of the whole action.

Last edited:
    Years
  • True, the OI-esque journey would be a possibility as well.

The lack of appearances of the Battle Frontier Brains wasn't the part that annoyed me, it was the fact that the majority of them, even Brandon to a certain extent, were played out to be nothing more than Gym Leaders, even though it was heavily implied in the games and even the anime that they were considered to be far stronger than the Elite 4.

While I am grateful about their honesty (really, that part, as well as the Tracey thing, were the only times where they were truly honest, since the writers had a bit of a track record for lying, like the Ash's father appearing in Master Quest stuff, and something similar during ComicCon.), the reasons of her removal still seemed somewhat hypocritical.

In case you're wondering what I meant by that, I mean that they had earlier replaced Brock under similar pretenses (IE, they tried to replace him because they feared the international fanbase would hate him for being "too asian"), and then they realized their error, so they decided to bring him back, and keep him on the cast. Since replacing female characters just so they will be eye-candy/fanservicy bimbettes is way too similar to the reason why they replaced Brock, I saw that as being a hypocritical action.

I know, it's just that I was pointing out that it was at least partially 4Kids fault that some fans believe that the Sevii Islands were never covered in the Anime.

Honestly, I think they were based on the Gym Leader archetype, but I do agree on how the writers frankly didn't want anything to do with them. But then, the writers have a slight aversion to canon game characters, as seen by Giovanni, the Elite 4 (Johto and Hoenn) and Wallace until he finally appeared. Although, they are improving, as we've seen with the prominence of the Sinnoh Elite. Meanwhile, there's the watering down of Brock and Misty, so.

Yes, I'm quite familiar with the fun wankery of replacing Brock with Tracey. I do agree with you, as it was hypocritical, albeit in a different manner (sex, race and all that). However, it's not so shocking anymore, as we've had years of retrospect. Meanwhile, nobody really complains as Jessie as an older sex object, so isn't that enough for the Japanese producers? I can live with a woman with breasts the size of beachballs and the mini skirt, as long as they're honest about it.

Well, I do consider the Chronicles dubbers as... a parallel universe with the typical 4Kids crew. Anymore, I render those episodes done as null and void, with a few exceptions ("We're No Angels," which actually was dubbed well).

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
  • Battle Frontier of Platinum.
    End of discussion.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Look at this:
    What will the HGSS series be about?

This could be proof of Johto series involving May's journey through Johto.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    I AGREE ANOTHER BATTL EFRONTIER SERIES IN JOHTO ALONG WITH CONTEST. SEEMS RIGHT BEFORE ANOTHER NEW REGION.

Years
  • You silly kids. He was only created to appeal to Western audiences more. He was then removed after a large whine-fest from the fans.

And don't think there isn't a whine-fest after dumping him to obscurity and how the original guy he replaced isn't doing anything, anyway. Bah.

Don't you rabbits know? Trix is for kids.

(No, even I don't know what that means.)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • And don't think there isn't a whine-fest after dumping him to obscurity and how the original guy he replaced isn't doing anything, anyway. Bah.

Don't you rabbits know? Trix is for kids.

(No, even I don't know what that means.)

Complaints from fans outside of the demographgic.

Didn't you know old man? This is a young person's game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    The HGSS anime series is going to be the same as the Kanto Battle Frontier. Ash will travel Johto to defeat all the Frontier Brains then Dawn will try to win the Grand Festival and leave when the series ends. Brock will be the same and do nothing. May will probably show up again. The anime needs to change.

Years
  • Ash, Misty and New GOLD for the win! :D I'm totally serious. I wish that would happen. Misty is in the original Gold and Silver version so she might be in Heart Gold and Soul Silver. They can make Gold do contests. His contest rival can be Heart/Soul. Ash and Misty can be together again! :)

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
  • The HGSS anime series is going to be the same as the Kanto Battle Frontier. Ash will travel Johto to defeat all the Frontier Brains then Dawn will try to win the Grand Festival and leave when the series ends. Brock will be the same and do nothing. May will probably show up again. The anime needs to change.

This is what I think it'll be: At the Pokemon League Ash will meet up with May and some other Contest Trainers May travelled with in Johto. She'll tell Ash about some event which will cause him to visit Johto again. May and the trainers will stay to cheer for him in the Sinnoh League. At the end of the DP saga Ash will lose again from Paul in the quarterfinals. However, Paul also loses from a guy who'll be Ash's rival in the next saga. This guy will mainly use Johto Pokemon and claim to be from the Johto region. Afterward he tells Ash about his experience in the Johto region and shows him the symbols he won at the Johto Battle Frontier. Ash gets all excited then and wants to got to Johto himself. Of course, Dawn will accompany him and Brock will too. I'm not sure about May, though. But, before Ash starts his BF - saga he first wants to visit his mother in Pallet Town. This is Ash's chance to introduce Dawn to his mother and Prof. Oak. In Pallet Town Ash'll probably meet up with Tracy and (Misty)? After this short intermezzo Ash, Dawn and Brock continue their journey over Tohjo Falls to Johto where they'll meet with Prof. Elm in Newbark Town. Ash'll probably sign up for the Battle Frontier there, Dawn for the Contests and it's highly possible the first Brain will be near Violet City. The second probably near Goldenrod City, the third near Ecruteak, the fourth near Olivine and the last near Blackthorn. He manages to defeat all five of them and declines the offer to be a Frontier Brain. Then he goes back home, celebrates his victory, gets beaten by Gary O_o and starts another journey in another region...and so on.

Back