• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Will You Be Doing to Prepare for Sun and Moon?

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2017
    Hey everyone!

Just curious as to what some of your goals in the current Pokemon games may be, as we wait for Sun and Moon.

Pokemon Y was my first ever Pokemon game and I completely fell in love with it. But it also means that I'm pretty behind in both knowledge of the games and collecting Pokemon. One of my main goals is trying to get a Living Pokedex, since collecting and evolving all the different types of Pokemon has been one of my favorite things about the games. I have both X and Y, OR and AS (obsessed much??), as well as two 3DS's, so I think I'll be able to accomplish this goal relatively easily. It'll just be a matter of time I think.

Another goal I have been working on is trying to get all of the shiny versions that I have been wanting. I want shiny versions Eevee and all (or most) of its evolutions and so far I've hatched three shiny Eevees. I also hatched a Shiny Charmander to eventually evolve into my shiny Charizard Y, and a shiny Ninetails. There are others I would like, but those are the ones that I absolutely want to have in time for the new games.

As for my final goal, I'd like to get a better understanding of the deeper game mechanics. I obviously learned how to breed shinies, and I've learned a bit about breeding for good IVs. I would like a better understanding of natures, EV training, egg moves, as well as competitive aspects of Pokemon. For example, having multiple shiny Eeevees with various natures, I need to learn how to know what nature is best suited to a particular Eevee-lution. I have also hardly touched EV training, as I need to learn what stats are the best ones to train for each particular Pokemon. In my first playthroughs of XY and ORAS I just had my Pokemon learn whatever moves sounded coolest. I wasn't battling online, and the game seemed easy enough to not have to worry much about strategy. But now I would really like to learn how to have more strategically built Pokemon and possibly get into some online battles eventually.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I'm trying to see if I can get shinies of every species before the game comes out (not counting mythicals obviously). I'm also going to complete Yellow so I can see what my team in that game will be like when transferred to Sun/Moon.

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    Getting a shiny Piplup to use in my first run. I know the shiny isn't that great, but I got a shiny Chimchar for OrAs and I'd like to continue the pattern.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • I've been a fan since R/B days. I can honestly say that Pokemon will always be my favorite. However, I was always slacking on the idea of committing to IV/EV train until X/Y.

Now that I've gotten the hang of it, I've been working on every single PKMN I liked throughout the series. The goal is to have them all ready for Sun/Moon so I can officially start new. Fully knowing that all of the previous generations were complete.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Finally organizing my Pokemon Bank. It's an absolute mess. There's a lot of Pokemon I just don't need that I'm probably going to Wonder Trade away or release outright. It's driving me pretty crazy. Also, transferring all of my necessary Pokemon from fourth gen to sixth gen. And completing White 2 and transferring those Pokemon over as well. I'll start when I'm done with Yellow.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I'm still using Masuda Method to get myself another shiny Fennekin (152 eggs no luck yet) for my first run, after I'll breed the rest of the foxes for natures, and stats
    (really want my first play through of Pokemon Moon to be a foxy team.)

To have as many double battles as I can.

The other thing I'm trying to accomplish in my main Alpha Sapphire team is to get all TM's

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Been playing through a fresh save on X, grabbing all the items, and getting any and all event Pokemon added to that game so there's an easy transfer point when Sun & Moon come out. Will still have to renew PokeBank at some point though.

Years
  • Get a 3DS and Pokemon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire then quickly capture lots of Pokemon in those games and train them to the ground. Easy profit.

pkmin3033

Well, it's not exactly in preparation for Sun and Moon persay, but I am looking to build my collection back up this year, since I lost it all when my save file corrupted. If I get it done in time for Sun and Moon, then hurray for me. If not, I'll probably do it as a part of my playthrough, depending on how many Pokemon are available across the two games.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Not preparing at all. I'm sitting pretty good in terms of everything backed up (whether or not I'll use them is another question) and playing through Red right now just makes me want more. I'm probably one of the only people not preparing but I've spent YEARS preparing for gen 7 (not a Z hopeful lol)... or at least hoping that it was on the horizon. Cuz I have everything I need right there ready for me. :) Yay Pokemon Bank!

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • Prepare a second living dex in case you can't transfer Pokémon back from S/M to X/Y/OR/AS, so I would only need to catch the new mons.

It will be a long and tedious endeavor...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm pretty much ready now XD

I don't really have anything to prep for, I always play blind (or as blind as possible) and only use the newer Pokemon as I go so I don't need to do anything outside of the games themselves.

I am killing time by reliving the past and playing Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Blue thanks to them being on the 3DS now~

Years
  • I'm going on holiday next week so I'll playthrough the rest of Yellow on 3DS, and start a Nuzlocke on SoulSilver,after that I'll probably play Emerald again and then finally finish breeding for a shiny Zorua, already at six boxes -_-, for my playthrough of Moon.

Years
  • I know Alpha Sapphire has been time-consuming me at the moment, but I might try and plan to finish the White 2 save file I started last year (after my Black 2 corrupted) as a preparation for 7th Gen. Besides, Unova is a region I always love.

Back