• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Will You Be Doing to Prepare for Sun and Moon?

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
  • I have never "caught 'em all" despite having played since Gen 1. My goal is to definitively "catch 'em all" before Sun/Moon. I want to have a living Dex sitting in Bank by that time. I think it's a viable goal; I completed a living Kalos Dex, and by the time I'm done with ORAS, I should have a living Hoenn Dex. By my calculations, that's roughly 200 that will be left to obtain. With all the mythical Pokemon promos this year, I should be able to complete all 721, and the self-imposed challenge on that is that all must be obtained through Gen 6 games and events only.

Years
  • I'll be replaying all of the other main games, preferably in order, and rebuyng the games that I've since traded in/sold. I haven't had any luck tracking down a copy of HG/SS so far so that probably wont work out as well as I'd like. I'm also hoping to find another copy of Platinum so I wont have to suffer through Diamond when I get around to that.

I should also get around to organizing my Pokemon Bank at some point, but that's less out of preparation for S/M and more because it's just something that needs to be done, especially with me going through all the games again.

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2017
    I will just battle online and hope to achieve many victories, since I haven't many other things left to do.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    already got a full living dex on x. started working on a shiny dex though i know i'm not gonna be done with that anytime soon. gonna get as much of it done as i can before then.
    i'm really hoping they finally make an item transfer system to let players bring items from older games into the new ones which can only be unlocked after beating the game.

BlueDragon91

I love my family!
    Years
  • I have reserved a copy at my local video game store a week ago.
    While I wait to go pick it up, my goal is to get a team ready for when I get the game.
    I currently have all the Poke'mon I will need, except for Volcanion, which I am hoping I can obtain in Poke'mon Sun (If it can be obtained.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2016
    Definitely going to try and replay all the games I can, specifically some spin-off games and 1 or 2 main games, since spin-off games are less time consuming.

Call me Gamma

Dusty Old Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2017
    I'll be spending this year finishing my pokedex on ORAS (finally). And playing through each generation (excluding the remakes) all the way to X&Y. It's going to be a long journey, but I think I'm up for it. I haven't played Blue Version since 1997.

GMeister

Poke Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2020
    Finally got all my parts to repair my broken 3DS. Will be working on it for a while. Expecting my 3DS to look more like a pokeball with the new red and white shells I have just ordered.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Nothing, I'm already ready. It's just a waiting game for me now. I'll prob just spend my free time helping others and battling.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • Well I'm replaying all my games and completing all the regional Dex. Already beat Yellow VC, beat Platinum, and I was at the 3d Gym in SS but I forgot to save and dropped my 3DS >:(

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • It depends I guess... I'd like to know some more info about S/M before I do anything. But I'm going to start working on a cross-stitch project in celebration of the 20th Anniversary overall, and I'm thinking of incorporating S/M into the design. When I'm done I'll post a picture, but it's gonna be a while.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Fixing my living Pokemon for Pokemon Sun and Moon, so that completing the dex won't be a hassle. (:

Years
  • I'm going to prepare by trying to better grasp the competitive battle scene, been going onto smogon and serebii in order to fully learn about iv/evs. However i don't want to use a cookie cutter team i want to make a team of 6 that are guys i could see myself actually using and complimenting my play style.

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
    Years
  • I am going to prepare by getting enough money for a 3ds instead of borrowing my friends for a few days at a time. Then play through as many of the older games as I can, finally have a reason to play red again.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    im going to try improving my battle skills and also building a battle spot team for first team! :) Also im going to be trying to build on my new youtube page

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    Playing Pokemon Red so I can import a ton of oldies when the time comes!

PsyShockker

I am building my team from Pokemon Omega Ruby then I will transfer it to Pokemon Moon.

Back