• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What will your team be? [Remember to include 4 words]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ataraxia

Wanderer
Years
    500.png
    Hells yeah! It's pretty much a merge of Magmortar and Infernape but who cares? It's cool. (it's arms look like Rhyperior too)

526.png
    Favourite of 5th Gen!! :P I've never had one of the Golem family so this should be interesting.

565.png
    This really needs no explanation. It's just cool.

625.png
    Unending source of epicness, plus Dark/Steel typing is awesome, as are it's Attack and Defence! (May change him for Zoroark... haven't decided)

628.png
    War bird anyone? Ima call it Cpt.Falcon. xD

And finally... The star of my team... The one I feared I would have to beat the game first to get (although it's going to be hard to get him anyway)

212.png
    Ta-Daa!!! It's possible to get a Scyther in the Dream World and you can find a Metal Coat on Route 13! :P (Hardest pokemon to get in my team, as Scyther is only obtainable after 15k Dream World Points and you can only use the Dream World for an hour a day... Should be interesting how quickly I can do it...)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • God, this is something i've been debating. I used to have it in my sig, but then I decided I needed to redesign it. I'm hoping to get both games so i'll post two teams[:

Pokemon i'm debating:
    497.png
    510.png
    612.png
    596.png
    586.png
    579.png
    571.png
    567.png
    565.png
    563.png
    560.png
    555.png
    553.png
    545.png
    530.png
    528.png
    523.png
    521.png
    518.png
    508.png
    503.png

Black:
    Kaa/???/???/Bambi/???/???
    497.png
    510.png
    596.png
    586.png
    553.png
    518.png

White:
    ???/???/???/Valiant/???/???
    503.png
    508.png
    579.png
    521.png
    563.png
    612.png

Above the pokemon are possible nicknames. I am mainly going to name them after animals in movies or other things that may relate to them in my life[:

Pikachu fan

SUSANOOMON IS NOT AMUSED
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    Mine will be:

Emboar (I don't like Chaoboo, he looks like a pig became a male stripper)
    Zeburaika (I've always wanted a zebra pokemon)
    Zekrom (Always have the cover pokemon
    Kenhorou (Always have the Regional bird)
    Ononokuso (Dragon Types all the way!)
    Zoroark (Hail the ruler of Illusions!)

and back ups will be

Daikenki
    Kyurem
    Yanakkie
    Gigaiath
    Doryuuzu
    Sazandora

Pokekoks

Sprite'n'animation by me.
    Years
  • I usually look at the design of the pokemon.

Clown with columns (has high attack)
    Desukan - cool looking ghost (imo he's not too powerful...)
    Doryuzu - I like pre-evo more, but this one looks cool too
    Futachimaru - in this evo line I like only this one...
    Kokoromori - I like its design, but its sprite doesn't have good animation imo.
    the last one... I dunno, I had Zekrom, coz after the league I did't wanted to train pokes

Jerpy

Give me your cookies...!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    Hmm... I'm still debating over this but:

1) Daikenki (I love it! I've always kept the Starter on my team till the end, maybe I'm just noobish... :L)
    2) Pendora (It is the most awesome looking Bug-type Pokemon ever made...!).
    3) Aaken's evolution (Basically, I do need a Flying-type on my team for practical reasons and this one caught my eye and has a nice typing).
    4) Tsunbear (A great Ice-type who will be a great powerhouse in my team).
    5) Kuitaran ( Well, I've gotta have a tribute to my love for anteaters. Plus, I would love to have a Fire-type).
    6) Zekrom (I mean... AWESOME! It has great typing and I'd like to keep the Legendfary on my team this time instead of shoving it in a box).

Oh, and porbably before I can get Kuitaran, I'll have Boappu. :)

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I've decided on my final team as well. ^_^
    1. Jalorda
    Kenhorou
    Dotekkotsu
    4. Denchura
    5. Hiyappu
    Hitomoshi

I think I'll evolve Hiyappu, but its evolution looks disgusting. :< But I'll evolve Hitomoshi anyways.

Hey Kaori! I've taken the trouble of getting their names as well~!

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
  • Definately chucking an Ononokus in my team.

Here's what I might have in my team:
    * Daikenki (Water starter)
    * Ononokus (Dragon)
    * Rankurusu (Psychic)
    * Shibiburadon (Electric) OR Archelos (Rock, Flying)
    * Shandera (Ghost, Fire) OR Urugamoth (Bug, Fire)
    * Agiruuda OR Shubarugo (Both bug types with one havng steel as second element)

Yes I like high atk, spatk and speedy pokemon ^_^

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • My team is almost the same as I planned it to be. Though, I haven't even encountered a Furiijio yet.

At the moment, it is, Post E4, the following:

547.png
    561.png
    609.png
    637.png
    621.png
    503.png

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I think I've finally decided my team! For the very first runthrough, that is. Traditionally in my first game I always have the three starters plus three awesome ones of my choice (one of which is necessarily a Flying-type). So the team will be as follows:

497_jaroda_front_norm.png
    500_enbuoo_front_norm.png
    503_daikenki_front_norm.png
    628_wooguru_front_norm.png
    614_tsunbeaa_front_norm.png
    604_shibirudon_front_norm.png

Don't even get me started on the many, many other teams I'll have before I'm done with the games. I'm still in the process of raising all the Pokemon I wanted to raise but never got round to raising on Generation IV (see the "Ones that Got Away" Challenge in my sig) but I think there's probably 30 or 40 Generation V Pokemon I want to raise, so I'll be playing through a whole lot of times...

Years
  • *Points to sig*
    Zarky (m) - Viness (f) - Pillo (f) - Trev (m) - Rocko (m) - Eager (f)

Finally decided, this team is for Black. =)​

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • In no particular order:
    1:
    530.gif
    Doryuuzu: And I thought Sandslash was epic...
    2:
    567.gif
    Archeos: The obligatory Flying type, plus I wanted to try using a fossil Pokémon for once.
    3:
    596.gif
    Denchura: C'mon. How can you say no to an electric tarantula?
    4:
    609.gif
    Shandera: Cool type combo, and look at the Special Attack stat. Highest non-legendary Special Attack mean anything to you?
    5:
    614.gif
    Tsunbeaa: Needed for Surf, plus there's an unusually high number of Dragon types in this game.
    6:
    620.gif
    Kojondo: Not sure why I like this one, but it seems like an interesting choice, plus it looks like very few are gonna use it. THIS POOR POKéMON NEEDS MOAR LOVE, STAT!

No legendaries here, though I think both Reshiram and Zekrom are pretty epic. I just have a thing against using legendary Pokémon on my team.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Finally made up my mind. I love how feminine this sorta looks. xD
    593.png
    549.png
    514.png
    526.png
    518.png
    510.png

Alaskan Husky

lux aeterna
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2013
    burungeru / roopushin / jalorda / sazandora / doryuuzu / urugamosu will probably be my in-game team in black.

daikenki / rankurusu / doryuuzu / baffuron / nattorei / shandera in white for my in-game team.

.. also, yes, if you know me, you'd know i have no quarrel with getting sazandora (the explorer!) and urugamosu to levels 64/58, respectively... though probably not before the pokemon league.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • My team will be amazing :3 It wont consist of entirely B/W pokemon. I am still unsure of some.. but I know I will have a Nidoking, and I think I've decided on a Jaroda.. other than that, Chandera (sp?) is pretty cool :C I find it hard to remember the japanese names for these guys, though..
    Also.. I like that deer-one.. and the zebra is also cute :C But I have a hard time deciding..

But usually my team is formed not because of power.. but just because I happen to catch something that I end up using after a few gym battles and fall in love with :C And it's usually something I come up with a good nickname for, too <3

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    6:
    620.gif
    Kojondo: Not sure why I like this one, but it seems like an interesting choice, plus it looks like very few are gonna use it. THIS POOR POKéMON NEEDS MOAR LOVE, STAT!

I love Kojondo, and it's definitely one of the first names down on the list of Pokemon I'll raise in my second playthrough. Plus it learns both Drain Punch AND Aura Sphere. It is therefore automatically an awesome Pokemon.

pichuspark

looooooooooooooool :3
    Years
  • I can't believe how many changes I made to this team :P IT'S HARD TO CHOOSE >.<

1. Jalorda (Smugleaf) - you know where I'm goin' with this ;)
    2. Victini (Yuki) - Meh, I just thought Victni's going to make a nice niche or something.
    3. Kokoromori (Kuriboh) - I think Koromori's cute D:
    4. Pendra (Steele) - He's cool :D
    5. Waruvial (Specs) - same as Pendra
    6. Ononokusu (Axeface) - I WAS gonna get Sazando, but when I learned it evolves at Level 63...>.<

Hooray for meme nicknames xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    Lessee Lessee...

1. Daikenki (My Main guy)
    2. Zeburaika (Everything's better with Zebras!)
    3. Gamageroge (Hell yeah, freaky frogs)
    4. Waruvial (He'll eat me if I don't...)
    5. Shandera (Aww...lookit' him.)
    6. Wargle (Do I really need a reason?!)

Is it any indication I'm pumped for B/W?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Zeburaika - Michele
    Rankurusu - Emily
    Swanna - Alyssa
    Shanderaa - Shannon
    Doredia - Lucia
    ??? - Melissa

I'm not quite sure about the last one yet, as there are three or so Pokemon that I'm thinking of. Hopefully I'll be able to figure that one by the time I get my copy of White, though.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Subject to change, but my team plans include using the grass starter, zebra, mole, therock/flying fossil, one fo the martial-art Pokemon (which one depends on which version I end up getting), and the last is up for grabs still, I suppose.

My Japanese playthrough involves the water starter, zebra, gecko, munna, the dog and the fire-type you get in the desert (as you can see I sometimes cannot be bothered using the Japanese names =p).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back