• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would be after Gen 6?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    ok so i know everyone would love pokemon to keep going after gen 6. But, i dont think it really should. Would anyone want to catch over 800 pokemon? cuz i seriously wouldnt want to. But, maybe after Gen 6 they'll make the overly waited Hoenn remake. What i was thinking was that they could end off the whole series where you can go back to Kanto but go all they way to Kalos in fully rendered 3D. Or they could also make a game where they put every game on a game card. Starting with Red and Blue. not in 3D like with gameboy graphics. Then have Gold and Silver on it witht the Gameboy Color graphics. Then with RS and E and so on.

So what would you guys want Pokemon to do after X and Y?

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
  • The series isn't going to end any time soon. There's too much money involved.

I do think it's possible that they introduce small amounts of new Pokemon in future generations. With such a robust lineup of monsters it's possible to introduce a new region with 20 or so new Pokemon and still have it feel fresh with a rotation of past monsters.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    yes i totally agree. but eventaully wouldnt it get kind of boring with just a few new pokemon and then having old ones in it too?

Sirfetch’d

As already stated, Pokemon is not ending anytime soon. Game Freak always has new ideas that are sure to sell and grab the attention of the Pokemon audience. With the upcoming generation likely to be one of the if not the most successful generations so far, why stop? The number of Pokemon is not an issue so I don't see why people are even bringing that up. The question is will there be a sequel next, remakes, gen 7, or something totally different because it will be something. X&Y will not be the end of the series.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    well i know that. but still what if it did stop. how would people be then? i for one would go crazy lol

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    What would be after gen six? Gen seven.

I apologize if this is harsh, but I really detest when people say they get annoyed by new Pokemon and innovations. If you want to play the old games, especially with the old graphics, those are available. If you just wouldn't want more Pokemon, no one is forcing you to play any new games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    They could always stop introducing new Pokémon if fans really want them to, but I don't think they would ever stop making new Pokémon games. Personally, I wouldn't like to see them stop making these games, either. They enjoy making Pokémon games, and the fans enjoy playing them. d: They're also earning millions of dollars when they release a new game, and if they suddenly stopped releasing them, then I'm sure that it would hurt their business a lot.

Last edited:

CrowSvenson

DarkTrainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    Gen 7.
    Once can hope that they'll make a global-scale game with lots of extra pokemon, but that just ain't gonna happen...

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I appreciate the hype but it isn't really in our place to make predictions on the future's future. We can start hyping right after Gen VI is released, or else you won't be in Gen VI enough to enjoy the games. I'm sure after Gen VI will be a series of spinoffs and maybe Hoenn Remakes; after which they'll move on to Gen VII. The Pokémon Franchise's financial position is relatively secure, thus there's no need to predict the end of the Franchise anytime soon.

The next next Gen games might be more different, who knows? Unova caught a brand new game with completely new Pokémon, perhaps we can expect that again?

Years
  • well sorry for making everyone mad. but theyre not gonna make games forever
    Games in the Mario series have been developed for the last 30 years now, and they don't show any signs of stopping, because they make money. Mario, however, doesn't have a large scale anime, manga and TCG fanbase like Pokemon does, though. So what I expect after Gen VI would naturally be Gen VII, unless the games are so poorly receive that Game Freak closes up shop (and I think the chances of that happening are next to none).

I will agree that they aren't going to make Pokemon games forever, though. I've always personally believed that once Satoshi Tajiri, Ken Sugimori and Junichi Masuda leave that Pokemon will continue, but that's when popularity will begin to drop, before fading out. But, I hope that I'm proven entirely wrong about that, and that it will continue to thrive as long as there's a large enough target audience for not only the games, but the other mediums as well.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I think it's obvious that they don't wait a few years doing nothing before releasing a new main Pokémon game. Unavoidably there will be a new spin-off series wether it's a complete new one or a old one. I'm expecting a Ranger game personally and perhaps a remake of Hoenn or maybe Sinnoh. I'm also hoping that they will make another crossovers such as that Pokémon conquest game, it wasn't that bad of a game and it shows that they can do things differently with Pokémon or a complete new fresh spin-off series that we'd never seen before would be also a good surprise after a few months after XY are fully released.

Gamefreak just got their hands on some new technology; the first steps into the real 3D aspects so I don't see them cease making games anytime soon for this reason and if they don't want to continue they will do it anyways because of the economic crisis. Money is survival.

Sorry but Pokémon isn't that old compared to the older generation game series that are still running and still going at it such as the Megami Tensei franchise, Mario, Zelda and so on so there is no reason to predict an end of a series that still sells like hotcakes and is obsessively popular.

"But still what if it did stop"? Before Gamefreak end the Pokémon series there will be one thing that I want to see- no, that I'd demand to see is a cross over between Pokémon and Digimon!

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
    Years
  • God I hope they don't close up shop anytime soon. I want them to continue making more. Or maybe remake old games with 20 or new Pokemon in each. Anyways I will always tell them "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" since i'm a die hard fan. I will always support Pokemon, good or not.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    Other than the obvious, maybe they'll retcon some changes like Mega Evolutions or the new type or at least change them depending on the fan response.

Maybe the new games will have a new artstyle? I for one, would love a 2.5D style such as the one in Paper Mario, or in the 3DS Zelda.

Years
  • I bet there will definitely be a seventh generation because Pokemon is one of the biggest-selling video game franchises of all time, in fact the second biggest-selling for that manner, only beaten by the Mario franchise. With all the new things we've been seeing in X & Y so far, I bet it's safe to assume we'll still be seeing Pokemon continue for many years to come.

RimasLT

My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333
    Years
  • No, there will be 7,8,9... etc,etc generations in whole franchise, because Pokemon is most buyable game in world , in Lithuania I'm sure Pokemon will be dead games,because my nation prefer to like Old and Crappy C.S 1.6 ,gta , wow and other sh** ! ( gta is good ) but those other bothers me everyday .I just believe pokemons will have new games ( please Pokemon Stadium 3 be announced soon ) . Thats all :) PKMN ^__^

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • What comes after gen 6. Hm, koffi~

Gen. 8. That's right, you read that properly. Gen. 8 will be right there guys, just you wait.

In all seriousness, however, I do so hope they don't make a Hoenn remake, I believe that would be a big mistake. Let's jot the numbers down here right quick. Pokemon Versions Red, Blue, and Green (J) sold 23 million copies world wide. Great. Pokemon Versions Silver and Gold was another triumph by shifting another 23 million cartridges. Their remakes? Pokemon Versions Fire Red and Leaf Green sold less than half of it's original, with almost 12 million sold. Pokemon Versions Soul Silver and Heart Gold fared a little better at 12 million units sold. While they are great games, it's clear that the remakes don't sell as well as a new game, so I'd consider them as a side project to raise funds for bigger games.

Oh, let's look at the Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Versions really quick: worldwide, they sold only 13 million copies (while they are still the best selling advance games). That's the worst total for a main Pokemon game to date. If we follow the formula that has been provided through the re-issues of Generations I and II, they can project that it'll sell, at best, 6 million units. Note: I did not count Black 2 and White 2 as 'main' games, as they are more akin to Yellow, Crystal, Emerald etc. than a brand new game.

Other than that, I hope they keep going so I can eventually whoop my future grandkids in Pokemon Battles, koff~

Last edited:

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
  • To answer the title, logically Generation 6 will be succeeded by Generation 7.

But they'll keep it going, maybe play with the 3D more? Soon they'll be making holographic projections of the game to be used in your living room, haha.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    Answer: Generation 7

I know I'm not the only one who posted this, but they are not going to stop with Pokemon for a long time. Noivern is proof that Game Freak are running out of ideas. The ears of Loudred, head ornament of Caterpie, some Swoobat fur around the neck, the colour scheme of Garbordor... it really is a Frankenstein's Monster Pokemon. I want it's Pokedex entry to be "It is said to have been an experiment gone wrong by Team Flare, it fled from their laboratory and multiplied with other Pokemon."

Where is my Hoenn remake?

Back