• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would the Inside of your Pokemon Gym Look like?

regimew

Houndoom master
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Aug 14, 2004
    My gym would have lots of rooms,but there would be no doors.You would be able to walk through certain hologram walls.And it would be floating in the sky.The tye would be flying/water.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Dizzy said:
    If I were the Water Type Gym Leader of a Certain Region, My Gym would look like a Giant Greek Temple made out of all Marble. There would be fountains everywhere, and windows made out of water (well, they'd be waterfalls over the window.) The Battle Area would be a Huge Swimming Pool, with Little Glass Platforms for the trainer's to stand on. It would be a part-Spa too, with rooms all around the Gym :).
    Soudns plausible. A better water gym than Cerualean City. The iwnning trainer would be the one that best utilizes the surrounding stone work. A rather good gym in my opinion.

asher_son_of_ash said:
    I'd rather have a gym with different types. =P It would be a place where holograms are everywhere and so are machines that tell questions and such. (Think. RBY; Blaine's Gym) But when the opponent reaches to me. the arena would be like a plain simple one with flames spouting of of fake bushes. o.o;
    A good way to make the trainers think. It would be a good test of the trainers patience and firmness. 9Especially with flaming bushes all around. :D)

lizardman said:
    my gym would have spikes in some holes and lots of staues and a big screen.
    kinda dangerous isn't it? with the spikes and all? And why would you use a big screen when the battle is right there and most people don't watch gym battles anyway? A gym to be wary of in my opinion. :\

regimew said:
    My gym would have lots of rooms,but there would be no doors.You would be able to walk through certain hologram walls.And it would be floating in the sky.The tye would be flying/water.
    Cool Gym. A think outside the box sort of thing, having to find the holes in the walls. Not exactly practical though. (Floating in the sky.)

Last edited:

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • My Fire Type Gym will be:

It will look like a Regular GLASS Office Building, Most of Everything Made from Glass and or stone. The First Floor will contain the Gym Area, while Upstairs will be the places for the trainer. Upon advancing, each floor will have a different trainer, using the same First floor Gym. Once up a couple of floors, you will get to the Roof, which will bring you up to the Glass Dome, where the Gym Leader stays, a Special Glass Gym Floor will be used, allowing you to see all the Floors Beneath it. The Glass will be Shatter-Proof and thick (it also encases water).

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Gold Raikou said:
    My gym would look exactly like the one Trick Master layout (The door puzzle). And you would need to use flash to light the way.

soudns liek something that can be done. But whicxh trick master layout would you wnat? He uses seven different layouts.

Dizzy said:
    My Fire Type Gym will be:

It will look like a Regular GLASS Office Building, Most of Everything Made from Glass and or stone. The First Floor will contain the Gym Area, while Upstairs will be the places for the trainer. Upon advancing, each floor will have a different trainer, using the same First floor Gym. Once up a couple of floors, you will get to the Roof, which will bring you up to the Glass Dome, where the Gym Leader stays, a Special Glass Gym Floor will be used, allowing you to see all the Floors Beneath it. The Glass will be Shatter-Proof and thick (it also encases water).

Sounds liek quite the impressive gym. :) I can just imagine what it must look like form teh top floor. Liek floating on air, except your still standing on something. Hope teh airplanes don't overlook it. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Great thread idea!

Mine would be blue, with water fountains everywear, and a pokemon centre near by, the arena would be glass, with a glass floor to battle on, it would be quite dark dunno why lol, And it would have silver Squirtles printed on the walls lol, Dunno what else but can you tell i wanna water gymm lol!

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I did rate your other gym, Dizzy.

Username said:
    Mine would be blue, with water fountains everywear, and a pokemon centre near by, the arena would be glass, with a glass floor to battle on, it would be quite dark dunno why lol, And it would have silver Squirtles printed on the walls lol, Dunno what else but can you tell i wanna water gymm lol!

Pretty fancy. must have a big budget!:D but seriously, this sounds like a rather impressive looking gym. ( Why don't try anything like this in the video games?)

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • My gym is posted on this thread on page 1, somewhere in the first half I think. i've kinda become a gym rater, since I've posted my review of each gym that has been giventhus far.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • My Poison Type Gym ^_^

Appearance from the outside makes it look like a small mansion, but upon entering, many levels dig into the ground, the Gym Leader, at the Very Bottom. Aside from the Bottom having the Gym leader, the Trainer must go through floors of Gym Trainer's to get to the Gym Leader. The Gym Floor is a Suspended Platform made of Glass, placed over a bottomless pit (like Sabrina's in Pokemon Stadium) the pit has no end, but however a felled creature may be risen up with ease.

Rock Type Gym

The Rock Type Gym has no building, it's Four Towers with walls in between them, there is a slight roof but it doesn't close over the Gym. The Stadium contains tests, Lava, Ice, and Water are the Area's Avaliable. From the Four Towers Stand the Gym Trainers. In the Center will stand the Gym Leader. Upon Challenging the Leader, the floor will split into one of the Three Fields of Water, Lava and Ice. The Platforms also may raise up in the air, for an Aerial Battle.

Ground-Type Gym

Sporting the look of a modern fine-arts museum, the Ground type Gym really isnt. Pure Shatterproof, Earthquake Proof Floor and walls make this Gym impossible to demolish during battle. The Floor, However, is see through, as beneath it, Water is placed, to fool the enemy into thinking something. As an attempt of hiding, Gym Trainer's hide behind Large Portraits with huge spaces behind them, while the Gym Trainer, Sits behind a Metal Statue of a Pok?ball. Challenging the Gym Leader will result in the Roof Opening up and the Sky over your head, The Chamber beneath you will fill with water, and the battle will commence.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Dizzy said:
    My Poison Type Gym ^_^

Appearance from the outside makes it look like a small mansion, but upon entering, many levels dig into the ground, the Gym Leader, at the Very Bottom. Aside from the Bottom having the Gym leader, the Trainer must go through floors of Gym Trainer's to get to the Gym Leader. The Gym Floor is a Suspended Platform made of Glass, placed over a bottomless pit (like Sabrina's in Pokemon Stadium) the pit has no end, but however a felled creature may be risen up with ease.
    Means the challenging trainer will ahve to ahve mastered navigating tunnels, which we've learned by now is rather important. Although a bottomless pit is impossible, a very deep pit isn't. a rather good poison gym, although clostrophobic peeps wouldn't want to visit. :D

Dizzy said:
    Rock Type Gym

The Rock Type Gym has no building, it's Four Towers with walls in between them, there is a slight roof but it doesn't close over the Gym. The Stadium contains tests, Lava, Ice, and Water are the Area's Avaliable. From the Four Towers Stand the Gym Trainers. In the Center will stand the Gym Leader. Upon Challenging the Leader, the floor will split into one of the Three Fields of Water, Lava and Ice. The Platforms also may raise up in the air, for an Aerial Battle.
    A good place to train, althogh I would be concerned about leaving the gym floor open to the elements. A retractable roof is probably a good idea. the foundation must be stable if the ground moves, much like brock's gym. The toweres will create an impressive visage in teh city.

Dizzy said:
    Ground-Type Gym

Sporting the look of a modern fine-arts museum, the Ground type Gym really isnt. Pure Shatterproof, Earthquake Proof Floor and walls make this Gym impossible to demolish during battle. The Floor, However, is see through, as beneath it, Water is placed, to fool the enemy into thinking something. As an attempt of hiding, Gym Trainer's hide behind Large Portraits with huge spaces behind them, while the Gym Trainer, Sits behind a Metal Statue of a Pok?ball. Challenging the Gym Leader will result in the Roof Opening up and the Sky over your head, The Chamber beneath you will fill with water, and the battle will commence.
    Although I'm not sure what purpose making it look like a museum serves, It seems the ground gym speciallizes in ilusions. Seeing through illusions is crucial with certain moves like double team and a substitute. A fanciful gym with good ways of maintaining itself.

All in all, unique wys at looking at each element of gym. instead of following the standard set by the cartoon, you've developed you're own way of doing things which actually seems like it would work rather well.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Pogiforce-14 said:
    Means the challenging trainer will ahve to ahve mastered navigating tunnels, which we've learned by now is rather important. Although a bottomless pit is impossible, a very deep pit isn't. a rather good poison gym, although clostrophobic peeps wouldn't want to visit. :D

A good place to train, althogh I would be concerned about leaving the gym floor open to the elements. A retractable roof is probably a good idea. the foundation must be stable if the ground moves, much like brock's gym. The toweres will create an impressive visage in teh city.

Although I'm not sure what purpose making it look like a museum serves, It seems the ground gym speciallizes in ilusions. Seeing through illusions is crucial with certain moves like double team and a substitute. A fanciful gym with good ways of maintaining itself.

All in all, unique wys at looking at each element of gym. instead of following the standard set by the cartoon, you've developed you're own way of doing things which actually seems like it would work rather well.

That's because I don't watch the Cartoon, I find it too waterred down, the Insides from Gyms and from the Video Games and manga really inspired me. I have more ^_^!

I'm Currently Making a Video Game, and I used some of these to Illustrate the Gym's I've made ^_^

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I agree. I haven't seen much of the manga, but from what I have seen, it does look much better in the Manga. (Except Brock's gym. his looked like an old apartment building.from "Electric Tale of Pikachu!")

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • Hmm, I wanty my gym to look normal and boring. Then once you're on the battle, you are surrounded by a transparent oval, that spins random directions every 20 seconds, while you're battling. That would be fun.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • My creative Poison Gym...

Represented in-game:
    Due to the lack of an official gym building, my interim gym would be built in a marshy cave. There will be a maze of piers with the archetypical Ninja Boy hiding every here and there. Puzzle here involves using Cut to get rid of little saplings growing out of the swamp and Strengh/Rock Smash to clear stones out of the way. My lineup includes Muk (lv.52), Golbat (lv.53), Weezing (lv.52), Crobat (lv.55)

Represented in anime:
    Still in the interim gym's cave. It is simply a network of piers on top of the muddy, polluted water below. The battlefield itself is squared (or perhaps rectangled?) off by floating logs tethered to the bottom, with floating wooden platforms on the surface. My lineup is just as above (plus a possible Tentacruel just to take advantage of having a gym built on polluted water)

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Grass Type Gym

On the outside the appearance of this gym takes on the shape of an Office Building. Upon Entering, there are two staircases to either side, one on the left, and the other to the right. Either way you will get to the Gymleader. Greenery can be found in this section. The Gym Floor at the bottom takes the Shape of a Wooden Platform hovering over Leeching Vines. When reaching the gym leader your test will be to complete as many floors below as possible. While in Battle, you will be hurdled between a force of water, and a force of Fire, making you escape Impossible.

shadowman321

Insane... I am Popeye
    Years
  • my gym would be like this. there would be 5 levels which makes it really long. 3 of 5 levels are dark which means flash is realy needed. you can still go through this gym if you dont encounter some of the ghost pokemon here. but you can beat them, theyre l:10-15.the 2 levels that are not dark have mazes and are really large 1s.

Kaylee

I want to see you smile...
    Years
  • Mine would be really big, and there would be no roof so that the moon could shine in it at night. When you enter there would be a huge creepy staircase, it would be candel lit, and statues of dark pokemon would be on both sides. It leads to the stadium, which is the top of the building. It would look like outside, with grass and trees, and fireflies at night. ^^; I was thiking it up as I wrote.

Back