• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you be without Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    If pokemon wouldn't exist I would be richer, but I'd also be bored and suck at English. The pokemon games are the reason I know enough english to join enligsh forums. And I would probaly never have met someone who truly understands me, I wouldn't have met some of my best friends either. It's a good thing pokemon exists though.

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • I probably wouldn't have gotten so deep into web developing! :O I'd still be out there at Angelfire making personal profile websites!

Little Paul

Banned
    Years
  • I would probably be making freeweb site's still, like the old days X3, I'd probably not be on the computer at all and be playing outside right now..

Years
  • Why not.

I'm not sure if I've gotten as much as you guys currently but I must say, back in 01, when I had a personal crisis, the TCG and my League got me through some dark times and I did meet some wonderful people, (including one of my best offline friends, and twice my age) and I wouldn't trade those times for anything. A pity they've moved on or I don't see them anymore but at least I got the time capsule in my mind for them.

But I've also got wiser as I learned the darkness of the fandom period (with the TCG players in Origins 03) and that has helped me deal with the often idiotic, self serving, parochial fanboys out there (and not just Pokemon's) and fine tune my cynicism. I was sadder there but wiser.

So yeah, I can say I would be much poorer without Pokemon showing my intellectual and creative side with the cards and that spilled out into my wonderful decks. It was a nice prelude to the intellectual weirdo I am now.

If we're talking money...oh God...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Yah, if I didn't know about Pokemon, I wouldn't be here infront of the monitor now... I would probobaly be outside or somthin'. Pokemon is one of the reasons why I stare at the monitor. Surfing the Web,

Dysnomia

Kickin it Jack Bauer style
    Years
    • Age 37
    • MD
    • Seen Jan 12, 2006
    I wouldn't be such an awesome dorky person XD

And I probably would be really, really bored.

Years
  • I Don't Know I Guess I Would Be Board, Never Get Thier Cool Video Games For My Systems Like:gc And Gba And Wouldn't Be Posting On This Pole.

misty-slave09

Kasumi<3
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    without pokemon my life would be pretty dull imean i was a pokemon fan since the beginning and i have all the games and the show is one of my favorites so without pokemon i'd be nowhere

Benpokemaster

Pokemon_Master!
    Years
  • Well,I would be a reck.Pokemon is what brought me freinds like you.I have spent 8 years of my life with these majestic creatures.They are the things i see in the morning on my poster,and Mudkip is the plush I secretly sleep by.I am a loyal fan.I will never even think about giving up my Pokemon.

DR.MUNCHLAX

Just passing by.
    Years
  • If there wasn't pokemon my whole life would be different.
    For example I wouldn't be into other anime because Pokemon is what got me hooked onto anime. I would be the shy kid who would stay away as far as possible from other people. So without Pokemon my life would be meaningless.

The Angel of Darkness

The Dark Messenger
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I'd probably be a couple of hundred pounds richer, but I'd also would have had over 1000 hours free time! Thats very bad, I have enough free time as it is!

Years
  • A very good question.

Well pkmn has changed ALOT in many aspects of my life, tch, so I'd probably be 50% different from what I am today. I'd be less funny, less in-touch with mom, less... "imaginative" in some areas, tch, and therefor less open-minded. I'd probably lack tha moral relativism I have today, my cable internet along with any an' all internet-related activities, and last but not least -- less happy.

Bah, overall I'm glad pkmn came to my life. Lol, I shudder just thinking about what I'd be like without it. ^^;;;;;;;;;

Years
  • well, obviously, I wouldn't be here.
    In fact, I don't think I'd be a forum addict without Pokémon. All of the forums I join are Pokémon forums. ^^; I might not have been addicted to the Internet at all, but that's a big maybe.
    I wouldn't have a Gameboy, therefore I wouldn't have ever played Zelda, so I bet I wouldn't like that either. (The first Zelda game I played was Oracle of Seasons for the GBC).
    I wouldn't have written my fanfiction at all, and I don't think I would've have tried to write fanfiction without Pokémon. I wouldn't have written so much (I wrote something original though, so I guess that would be what I mainly write). But overall, my writing world would've changed.

What would I be? Not a forum addict. xD

If I remember anything else, I'll edit ._.;

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • Meh, I'd probably be a normal insignificant little boy then. I'd also probably have not joined ~them~ and something.

I don't care, but I know I won't have been me if I didn't find Pokemon. I'd be playing outside, I'd have real friends, and ... I'd be normal. ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back