• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you do in the PokeWorld?

Years
  • I wouldn't really be a trainer. I would probably battle a little bit byt furst and formost I would be a breeder. Maybe even be one of the guys who breed starters for professors.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    An independent poacher operating from Sootopolis.
    My answer to this question hasn't changed in years, yet it remains one of the more unique.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • I'd be a Pokemon researcher, which, thanks to years of intensive research and his great knowledge, was invited to join the Elite Four in the region.

I also like to collaborate with the National Police Department in certain cases of dangerous criminals or any group of people who attempt to use the Pokemon for their criminal activities.

Duskwire

Battling since 1993~
    Years
  • An independent poacher operating from Sootopolis.
    My answer to this question hasn't changed in years, yet it remains one of the more unique.

I have to agree here with you, Cassino. I have always thought the idea of being a Pokemon Hunter, or a poacher would be an interesting career. Of course, no harm would be done to Pokemon. And I suppose at first I would have to do a little bit of training, and I probably would have some badges. You gotta be prepared when someone sends you to capture a Rhydon(;

After my hunting years are over, I think I'd open a PokeZoo. Everyone loves Zoo's, no matter what kind!

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
  • My goals wouldn't have changed: I'd still like to be an auditor. However, I think the job would be much more exciting in the Pokemon World, because I'd probably be assigned to dealing with the inevitable financial crime the teams would commit; if any one of them follows the law, I'd be very surprised.

Although I have a flair for the dramatic, so in my spare time I'd like to judge Pokemon Contests, and occasionally take part in them myself, perhaps.

(Lugia)

Flying Until I Find The One.
    Years
  • Uhhhh, either a Breeder or a Researcher. Someone who knows a lot about pokemon. Of course I would try to catch Lugia a couple times. ^^

Lightblind

For you never shut your eye ~
    Years
  • I'd keep my current lifestyle that I've come to love. I'd be a simple person with a local job - maybe a cook/waitress, as I'd love to find out what's in a hamburger - and with dreams of becoming a writer.

On the waitress thing (yeah I'm serious lol), I'd love to scuttle about while working with the aide of my Pokés - Eevee and Riolu - by my side. I just find the idea so much fun. I would listen to the stories of incoming/outgoing trainers and pass them on, along with my own, as for I'd love to just go out and wander in my spare time. Maybe take a ferry to another region to explore. It's a vast and mysterious world.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013

I have to agree here with you, Cassino. I have always thought the idea of being a Pokemon Hunter, or a poacher would be an interesting career. Of course, no harm would be done to Pokemon. And I suppose at first I would have to do a little bit of training, and I probably would have some badges. You gotta be prepared when someone sends you to capture a Rhydon(;

After my hunting years are over, I think I'd open a PokeZoo. Everyone loves Zoo's, no matter what kind!

Wait, I thought pokemon hunter and poacher are the illegal version of pokemon catcher and tamer.

Waking_Dreamer

Dreamer King
    Years
  • Gym Badge Designer - designing the Badge for the different Gyms in the different regions.

And the trainer to the strongest Fire Pokemon around.

Duskwire

Battling since 1993~
    Years
  • Wait, I thought pokemon hunter and poacher are the illegal version of pokemon catcher and tamer.

Well, by dictionary definition, a poacher is the illegal catching and selling of animals. A hunter would be someone who kills them.

I guess hunting and poaching isn't really the best name for the job, but basically, I want to be the one hired by others to go off into the wilderness, and find rare and exotic Pokemon for money. I don't mean this to purely make profits, and obviously, I'm not going to go get you a Pokemon if you seem to be an incompetent trainer.

So I guess you could say the region Professors and I could strike a deal, I get a free PokeDex, and I supply them with tons of research information.

So, to rephrase, I suppose you could say I'd want to be a professional Pokemon Catcher.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Of course, no harm would be done to Pokemon.
    No harm, eh?
    I'd be killing — Wailords around Hōen, and selling them for their meat and other products; people have to eat, after all, and my imagining of the Pokemon world isn't one with 'normal animals' in addition to the fantastic monsters, so it's logical to assume we'd eat them as meat instead. I say poacher rather than hunter since it is more likely than not to be illegal (then again, given that Hōen is based on Kyushu, part of Japan, and knowing Japan's attitude towards whaling, it could well not be). Still, could sometimes capture instead for trainers and other clients such as Team Rocket, it's all still a living to make.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    i'll be a fisherman (HOLY S*** A GYARADOS!!!!) lol.

nah, most likely i'll be a legendary collector or just a regular trainer battling gyms/E4/other trainers and so forth.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013

Well, by dictionary definition, a poacher is the illegal catching and selling of animals. A hunter would be someone who kills them.

I guess hunting and poaching isn't really the best name for the job, but basically, I want to be the one hired by others to go off into the wilderness, and find rare and exotic Pokemon for money. I don't mean this to purely make profits, and obviously, I'm not going to go get you a Pokemon if you seem to be an incompetent trainer.

So I guess you could say the region Professors and I could strike a deal, I get a free PokeDex, and I supply them with tons of research information.

So, to rephrase, I suppose you could say I'd want to be a professional Pokemon Catcher.

That's more like it, professional Pokemon Catcher.
    What differentiate Catcher to hunter and poacher are their targeted pokemon for capture. Hunter and poacher of course will target rare pokemon such as Lapras or Relicanth and smuggle them of to somewhere else.

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
    Years
  • The username says it all, really! I'd be part of Team Rocket, but more along the lines of Jessie and James in the first few seasons than a serious threat like Giovanni- stealing Pokemon, yes, but never actually harming them and with a nasty little track record of failure. Or maybe a Trainer who specialized in Fire types. Or a Rocket with Fire types instead of Poison ^_^

Years
  • If I was ambitious and seriously planning on Pokemon training, I would probably like to train at the nearest Pokemon Gym underneath the leader, hoping to be strong enough one day to either take over the Gym or open up my own.

Realistically though, I would probably own one or two Pokemon that I would train, but I wouldn't travel to each city with a gym just to earn badges. If there was a gym nearby I would challenge it, but I would mostly battle against friends rather than competitive trainers.

luigimario84

Owner of worlds
    Years
  • Why has nobody wanted to be in the elite four yet! If I was I would use fighting types. I would have Lucario, Gallade, Machamp, Heracross and Blaziken.

Back