• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What'cha listening to? (v.2) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
    Itsumo Nandodemo (Spirited Away) (feat. Blood Stain Child & Claudio Ravinale) - Imaginary Flying Machines

When I first heard that there were going to metal covers of Studio Ghibli songs, I was very worried...after all, it doesn't really sound like the sort of thing that would work. But I LOVE the Princess Ghibli album. The vocals are really well done, and it isn't just ridiculously heavy death/thrash metal...for the most part. I've always been quite keen on Ghibli movies, and whilst the metal I listen to is more symphonic in nature, this is the most awesome unexpected crossover since Tony Kakko sang the Pokemon theme for the latest Powerglove album.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Little Hell by City and Colour

I'm somewhat glad Dallas Green ultimately had the decision to leave Alexisonfire to concentrate more on City and Colour. He's got a great voice and he can really showcase it well with this kind of material.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Bring Me To Life - Evanescence
    Fallen (2003)

Save me from the nothing I've become.

I liked this song as a kid, but didn't really start liking it til I saw this video I'm going to post. I was really into Kingdom Hearts, and seeing the Deep Dive scene along with the song was just...something clicked idk, haha. Was also going through a rough time, and I don't know. I guess I connected with the song and the game at the time.

Spoiler:

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024

Where's all my flow sisters, let me hear my soul sisters

moulin rouge was the best song any of these artists were a part of

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    A Demon's Fate - Within Temptation
    The Unforgiving ( 2011 )

I've been listening to Within Temptation a lot recently, and while they're new album is a bit different when it comes to the meaning of the lyrics as well as the music itself, I still find it to be a very nice album.

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
    Flag in the Ground (Symphonic version) - Sonata Arctica

I really wasn't pleased with The Days of Grays overall, it was a definite step backwards from Unia in my opinion...but the symphonic versions of the songs are absolutely fantastic. This one is easily my favourite; Tony Kakko is an amazing vocalist and the lyrics are quite different from the sort of thing I'd expect from them.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    A Demon's Fate - Within Temptation
    The Unforgiving ( 2011 )

I've been listening to Within Temptation a lot recently, and while they're new album is a bit different when it comes to the meaning of the lyrics as well as the music itself, I still find it to be a very nice album.

She's got such a great voice. I wish they had kept their 'The Silent Force' sound going rather than going back to their heavier and more 'metal' sound, though in comparison it's still nothing to their first couple albums. The Heart of Everything and The Unforgiving are still good albums though, for sure.

Paradise by Coldplay

Doesn't sound too bad at all, looking forward to their upcoming album.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Pumped Up Kicks (acoustic) - Foster the People
    on Sirius XM Alt Nation (2011)

And say "your hair's on fire, must've lost your wits."

Klippy sent me this video a few weeks ago (THANK YOU MY DEAR), and I like the acoustic more than the album/single version. Mark's voice. That...is all I have to say.

Spoiler:

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024

Not my favorite song of Madonna's, but it's entertaining to sing the lyrics (in other words, it's fun to sing sexy lyrics lol).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    She's got such a great voice. I wish they had kept their 'The Silent Force' sound going rather than going back to their heavier and more 'metal' sound, though in comparison it's still nothing to their first couple albums. The Heart of Everything and The Unforgiving are still good albums though, for sure.

Paradise by Coldplay

Doesn't sound too bad at all, looking forward to their upcoming album.
    I love her voice. Sooo much. It's flipping gorgeous, especially in her slower songs. 'The Silent Force' happens to actually be my favorite album from them. It would have been really nice for them to have kept it, because more of my favorites actually come from that album (Memories, See who I am, Pale, and Somewhere) I do like some of their songs from 'The Heart of Everything' and 'The Unforgiving', but I basically love their whole 'The Silent Force Album', and it was the album in which I heard my first song from them, haha~

Speaking of which:
    See who I am - Within Temptation
    The Silent Force ( 2004 )

No doubt one of my favorite songs from them (next to Memories, Pale, and Somewhere). The lyrics are just... amazing and so deep. They definitely describe this world today and that we should be doing instead of what we tend to do.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    LONDON'S BURNING WITH BOREDOM NOW
    LONDON'S BURNING DIAL 99999

it's London's Burning by The Clash if you didn't know
    seemed very appropriate to play their LP after learning about why Britain is still ****

if you like punk and haven't already heard them then you are committing a crime

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    "My Love Is Always Here" by Alexandre Desplat from the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Limited Edition Soundtrack.

Really a beautiful piece that's soothing to the ears, the mind, and the soul.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Shadows of the City by Marcus Foster off of his album Nameless Path.

I think this is one of my top four favorite songs at the moment.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Fairytale - Alexander Rybak
    Fairytale ( 2009 )

My sister showed me this song a while ago, and I felt like finding it and listening to it. Also listened to a few of his other songs. He's pretty amazing; I love the Violin in his songs. <3

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    Listening to Killer Machine by 8#Prince
    from the album, hammer2 (Released in 2011)

Currently listening through this compilation album for the first time and 8#Prince is fantastic as expected. I think there's a few dubstep-like elements to this song and whilst I am not the biggest fan of dubstep I think it fits in very well with the song. I have to say I think this might be my new favourite track from 8#Prince. I look forward to a new album by 8#Prince in the future.

Ayselipera

At the moment I'm listening to Sunset In July by 311. I've been meaning to download it for a while now because every time I go out for the night it comes on and has become a signature "night out" song along with one other song which I don't feel like mentioning. Anyway it came on this morning on my drive to school and I made sure to make a mental note so I can enjoy it always, ayayaya!

UM AND I LIKE IT BECAUSE IT REMINDS OF GOODTIMES.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Breaking Benjamin - I Will Not Bow (Acoustic Strings Mix)
    Ah good memories sadly the producers that work with this band made the newest album that the band never released really terrible.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I'm listening to Weightless by All Time Low. It's really describing how I'm feeling right now '~'

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    I know it's an overrated & overused song, but I'm listening to Dynamite by Taio Cruz. I literally have nothing else to listen to recently. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back