• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What'd you name your rival?

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
Years
  • In Blue, when I was small, I called him Sheep. xD Then a few years later, I was playing the game, and along comes Sheep, I couldn't stop laughing. xD

Years
  • When I first started Red, I was more into the anime, so I called him Gary.
    But now, since I'm in love with the PokeSpe Manga, I called him Green. xD

MalafeX

Typhlosion #1 fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    I used to name him daury, which is my brother name.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
  • I believe in my yellow version. It was Gary and mine was Ash just go go along :P. In silver it believe it was Green.

Nashua

lovely, isn't she? :D
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2013
    Red/Blue - I was very uncreative with my naming choices. I once named him Pikatwo[me being Pika]. Or Raitwo [me being Rai]. I never got that far because my Red always kept restarting.

Yellow - I named him after an old crush. It seemed cool at the time.

Gold/Silver - Named him after a couple of football players back in 2004. Most recently, I named him Blind.

Dotaitos

Kthxbai.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2013
    Diamond - Kevin (A kid who i fought with constantly at school, not in a good way)

Pearl and platinum - Jake (My best friend who constantly competes with me in video games)

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
  • Blue- Gary. xD

Gold- I forgot. I think I chose some random default name.. Haven't played it in forever, it broke.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    In Gold I named him ??? because that's what I thought you were supposed to do. 8(

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    RBY - RED
    GSC - ???
    RSE - (blank)
    DPPt - RED

my names were
    RBY - BLUE
    GSC - SILVER in silver, CRYSTAL in crystal
    RSE - [blank]
    DPPt - Crystal

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
    Years
  • In Yellow, I named him "Purple", I don't know why, I think that was my favorite color at the time, I can;t really remember, I was only five. I had to go back today and check it to see what the name was.

In Gold and Crystal both, I named him Idiot, because he ticked me off during the beginning of the game, and it was the best name I could think of for someone like him. Looking back, I would have named him "Ginger".

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • I always called them Loser and myself Master xD I last did that 7 years ago

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    In Red, Blue.
    In Yellow, Green.
    In Gold, Silver.
    In Crystal, Silver.

My hero was the name of the game itself, except in Crystal. The male hero was always Gold, and the female was Crystal.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    When i first got Silver version i named my rival ??? because he told me that was his name, i didn't know you could name him whatever you wanted xD

I just Love the rival Silver <3

Back