• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What'd you name your rival?

Guosuto-chan

Identified by SILPH SCOPE
Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    Usually I name my rivals what their names are "supposed" to be, like in RBY I'd name him Gary or Shigeru, Silver I named "Jerk" because he was one. However in D/P I named the kid "Farts" because it made me laugh every time I battled him.

SpiderJames

PSY!!!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2012
    In my Red version I called him Gary, he was quite the douchebag back in the day :p

I remember in Saffron City when youd be in the Team Rocket Power, on like one arm and leg, half your pokemon are fainted, youre just trying to get by to the Team Rocket President, Gary appears, and you are just like god dam it

Drapion

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2009
    I call mine Matt, after my brother, and my brother names his Andy, after me :)

Ghost...

Unknown Ghost of Pokemon Tower
    Years
  • I was young at the time, and it was my second Pokemon Game (Pokemon Gold) It was the first time I'd seen a boy with long hair, so I named him Mophead.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Gary in FireRed, Silver in Gold and Pearl in Diamond. I don't remember what I called my rival in Emerald.

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
  • I believe I named him Gary in Crystal, and Ash in Gold. Why? 'Cuz I hate both of them in the anime:badsmile:

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • In every game ever, I call him Nipples. Now back in the day (9 years ago), I can't even remember what I named him. :\

DragonBackpack

of the shattered sun
    Years
  • rival name

I named Silver in GSC "Susan". :laugh:
    I didn't do this like 8 years when I was a kid either, I did it when I restarted Crystal a month or so ago.

i named him nero.... i dont why... it sounded cool... but then again your rival isnt mena be cool... but my name was Hiro... so they kinda went together and it wass pretty cool.. used the same names ever since :)

Kesey

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2009
    Palmer and then his dads name turned out to be Palmer I though it was a miss type at first.

warudo.kun!

I see what you did there.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    I named my rival after my brother. Cause he's ebil. >:I
    I do that in all games.

Meister

A leak has sprung !!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    Named it in Silver after my brother, cause he thinks he owns my Houndoom and tyranitar...

Back