• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whatever happened to... Cartoon Network?

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    What exactly is the justification of broadcasting this reality nonsense? Do cartoons not give them enough money?

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    Even when I was younger, CN bored me to the limit of turning the TV off.

I found, most of, the shows to be highly boring and not entertaining. :/

Just my personal opinion.

Same here. I mean, everything I watched was on the local stations so there was no point in watching those shows anyway. They just never appealed to me as well as Power Rangers and Digimon

Okamii

♥The Legendary White Wolf♥
    Years
    yea ur right. i mean, i used to be excited to come home from a long day of school to watch cartoon network! i mean maybe its just cuz i grew up with watching dexters lab and tom and jerry and the old stuff. cartoon network has simply fallen apart. i do not like the reality shows in it like total dram action/drama or 16 or othersiders or survive this. i think the older cartoons was much better...

glow.ForEveR

wut is this i dont even
    Years
    Chowder is basicly FlapCrap except with food instead of Pirates
    6teen,TDA,TDI,Secret Saterdays,and Ben Ten plus Bakugaun are good shows

Good shows for someone who is 12 mayb, no offense and im not trying to bash you for your age or anything, but back in the day CN was at its best, with most of the shows mentioned plus toonami, i mean i actually looked forward to coming home and watching tv in the afternoons with a nice bowl of ramen. Now CN has absolutely nothing to offer me, even though I am 18, i dont find myself too old for cartoons. if the older shows were back on like ed edd and eddy, samurai jack, Courage the cowardly dog( which was my love, that was my favorite show on tv) and other related shows i would still watch them everyday!. (Also, toonami, cant stress it enough) Once they killed toonami off i seriously almost cried. i was so disappointed.

But i digress, what im trying to say is that those cartoons could be watched and enjoyed by everyone regardless of age. now the cartoons mentioned in the quote are on tv and are just not great at all for anyone over the age of 10 >.<

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Total Drama Island was okay the first few episodes. And the hour long special after the season in December was good, but it's not really a good show. It seems like the show has taken the same turn the others shows have, and it's sad.

6teen episodes were... decent. The first few episodes were good, because it didn't seem like they were aiming every joke to children. And after the second season it went downhill like every other show now. What turned me on to both of those shows were that they were rated PG, and I figured, "Hey, that might not be so bad." When really, they should just be rated G like the others.

I'm still watch TDA because... I really don't know. Probably in hopes that it would get better. But CN doesn't really have anything for me anymore, and it's sad. :[

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    The fact that Cartoon Network is making reality TV shows proves how desperate it is for ratings.

Cartoon Network has always been behind Disney and Nickelodeon in ratings ever since the channel began. Also, ratings have been increasing since 2007 if you wanted to know.

Diglett

Ice cream snow
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    New CN is terrible.

I miss Ed, Edd, and Eddy (favorite cartoon of all time), PPG, Dexter's Lab, Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasel, Johnny Bravo, Courage The Cowardly Dog ect.

Years
    I think once Toonami started to decline it was pretty much downhill from there. When Toonami was in its prime, I'm sure it was the most active times ever viewer wise for Cartoon Network. Once they finally got rid of it, I imagine the results were not what they intended.

Years
    Cartoon Network hired some Bozo, my apologies to Larry Harmon, whose mission is to transition from animated programing to live action. The network began to go downhill when they canceled Samurai Jack because it didn't bring the right audience.

Years
    Times change, its a bussiness and if you know anything about bussiness, its a game. You gotta adapt to the people. Its a lot easier to cut old shows and put in new ones with a fresh start then keeping shows that have been there for a long time and trying to keep life into it.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
    Honestly, I don't care about the live-action reality shows as long I can still watch Batman: The Brave and the Bold and Star Wars on Fridays, and watch Family Guy and Robot Chicken on Adult Swim, I'll be fine.

And anyone who disses The Brave and the Bold will be shot.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    Meh, ever since Sailor Moon went off, I've only been an Adult Swim Junkie. Late 90's early 2000 Cartoon Network was the best in my opinion
    XD I see we have another Brave and the Bold fan. Props to you! <3

Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jul 31, 2009
    I remeber when I was little and I would watch cn at my grandma's house. I was excited when at my house we finally got the channel. I would love watching ed edd and eddy and courage. Now there's all shows like Chowder and Flapjack! I mean come on. And then the other day I turned it on and there was some show with people riding roller coasters while answering questions, I think it was called brain rush or something. I was like what ever happened to the cartoons on cartoon network??!?!?

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
    Meh, ever since Sailor Moon went off, I've only been an Adult Swim Junkie. Late 90's early 2000 Cartoon Network was the best in my opinion
    XD I see we have another Brave and the Bold fan. Props to you! <3

Aha, yes. Brave and the Bold FTW!

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I was just thinking of this recently, the only decent Cartoon I've seen in years is Fineas and Ferb, and even that's gone bad now.

Remember Cartoon cartoon Fridays? How about billy and Mandy?

I know it's not CN, but has anyone seen Sponge Bob lately, they changed the animation, voice actors, and obviously writers because they all suck now.

I blame it all on Disney channel and Miley Cyrus, Walt Dysney would be ashamed...

Junes

showers of sunlight's divine
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    Remember Cartoon cartoon Fridays? How about billy and Mandy?
    Ah yes! Boy, those were some golden days. I remember getting excited for Friday not only due to the end of a school week, but Cartoon Network. CN used to be a blast of giggles and laughing fits, and even intense shows (such as Dragon Ball Z on Toonami), as I said, those were the golden days. Nothing great lasts forever, the same fate applied to Cartoon Network, sad as it is to say.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    CN is... sort of? getting a bit better. They're showing Teen Titans now. I saw Billy And Mandy yesterday, and I've seen Edd Ed and Eddy and Courage on as well. It's not anywhere close to recovering though. :[

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Flapjack is very, cute if you could say that but at least Chowder included one Youtube Star saying "I like turtles!" is it true CN watches Youtube all the time.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I blame it all on Disney channel and Miley Cyrus, Walt Dysney would be ashamed...

Nickelodeon has always done better than Disney Channel in ratings. Why would they emulate them if they constantly top the charts already and are ahead of them? Also, Miley Cyrus? Miranda Cosgrove has a more successful show than Cyrus.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    ^ Of course Miley Cyrus messes up in that dumb show but you have to admit she is a good "actor" ;D

Anyways. All CN is good for anymore is [adult swim]. Yeah, I enjoyed those classics like that Edward show that breaks the laws of physics and the show with the pink talking dog and Oh, I remember the Kids Next Door making a big mess in my lawn.

*sigh* But my voice dropped an octave, sadly.

Back