• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whatever happened to... Cartoon Network?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Thank you. For making this thread. I totally feel you...I've resorted to watching nothing but Boomerang since modern TV has pretty much failed me. I can't stand Flapjack, the humor is too abstract for me...and reality shows? Srsly??? *vomits* (I like Star Wars: The Clone Wars, though...Ben Ten and Total Drama Island can suck my stick.)

I adored all the shows you listed...Courage is GENIUS. Lately Boomerang has been playing Cow and Chicken and Johnny Bravo ~nostallllgia~, along with Dexter and PPG. So there's a glimmer of hope for yous.

Have you seen the commercials for the new Scooby Doo movie they're making?? With a tangible Scooby and a vomitrocious new Shaggy...*shudders* Waaai do they do these things.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I have seen those commercials, and I am as confused as you. Maybe because they want it to be like the other Live-action Scooby Doo movies. (Admittedly, I liked the first one, especially it's villain.) I don't know.

And yes, I'm talking about the American CN, and yes, if it weren't for Boomerang and Nicktoons Network (And Adult Swim), My TV would be on only for my Wii. Extreme nostalgia factor in those two channels, y'know?

Years
  • I miss the old Cartoon Network. I hate what CN is today. I mean whats with these reality shows on now? It's CartoonNetwork.

It went downhill probably when they got rid of Toonami. Toonami was awesome.

I hate these new shows they have on now, like Flapjack. It can't compare to all the good old shows like Courage The Cowardly Dog, Teen Titans, Dexter's Lab, etc.

Ah, the good old days...

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    /cries self to sleep

FFFF

CN has been failing so much these days

I miss the Powerpuff girls ;n;
    Dexters lab was the shizzzz

Even Fosters will do
    Gawd i loved fosters >n>

I like Flapjack and Chowder, and of coarse Pokeymanz
    but like wtf is with the rest of the station?
    We have that TDI crap, and the 6teens, and wtf ben ten and all that other garbage
    I cannot watch this, i mean dude D: Not amused
    ಠ_ಠ

The new stuff is, basically, a guy shows a pile of crap is automatically the funniest guys on television

no. just no ಠnಠ

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Hmm although it still airs in Australia, its either re-runs or some crappy new show because writers gave up a loooong time ago.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Maybe because they want it to be like the other Live-action Scooby Doo movies. (Admittedly, I liked the first one, especially it's villain.)

This new Shaggy...has absolutely nothing on Matthew Lillard.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I like a few CN shows.
    I miss the old Ben 10, When he actually was 10. He's like Ben 15 now.
    I used to love Ed Edd n Eddy, Cow and Chicken, and Dexters Laboratory, Powerpuff girls.. But I guess if I watched those shows now I wouldnt like them.

Im glad the disney channel is how it is though. I dont care what people say. I love Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, suite Life, Jonas, and sonny with a chance (Well, that last show is Okay.)

EDIT: Omg! That whole Total Drama Island stuff, and 6teens, and that Surfer show? Yeah I could do without those.

MarstheCar

I lurk often.
    Years
  • I only watch "CN" on Saturdays, (Obvious why), and the only live-action show I enjoyied was "Brain Rush". Cartoon Network has ended for me. :(

HomicideCrunkMan

You just lost the game.
    Years
  • I stopped watching CN when Ed, Edd, and Eddy got cancelled.
    It's a shame that they completely destroyed the point of having "cartoon" in their name by having REALITY SHOWS.
    Come on, reality TV on a CARTOON network. They're getting what I would like to call "MTV Syndrome"

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • All I can say is: What? Importing something from Japan wasn't enough? Now you have to import something from Canada? NO. TDI, TDA and 6TEEN work in Canada because it's rated G/Y. No, I'm not kidding. These are just a little more mature jokes but they are not intended to the PG audience.

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • Meh...once CN stopper airing Billy and Mandy all they had was Toonami...which was going downhill, and then they just went and canceled that. I miss Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy, and the old Toonami anime...DBZ, Sailor Moon, Mobile Fighter G Gundam, Yu-Yu-Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, and other ones.

R.I.P. Toonami!!!

Years
  • ^Awh man, does that bring back memories.... Although on rare occasions, I do believe they still show Ed Ed n Eddy and Billy and Mandy once in a while.... Not sure, I don't watch CN now that it's crap.

This also brings up the topic of Nickelodeon.... They're in the same hole CN's in. It's all crap now xD

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • Well, I agree with all of you. I don't really feel like stating things that have already been said, so I will give a shout out to a show that I love that has not yet been mentioned: Sheep in the Big City. I wish I could find it on Boomerang.

Cartoon Network used to be my main channel for when I wanted to watch TV. Of course, after every show I enjoyed disappeared, I stopped watching it. Now I've moved on to Discovery/Animal Planet, Comedy Central, and watching anime online. I still sometimes go to CN out of habit, but I quickly switch to a channel that has programs that I can enjoy.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • I think the time CN died is around when they got rid of Toonami and put their reality shows in their lineup. Who do they think they are?! It is CARTOON Network. It is a place for cartoons...bah! I give up on them. The only thing I watch in that channel is Adult Swim. And now Adult Swim is starting to become bad too. The only thing I watch from it now it is Bleach. I remember back in 2002 when it started...all it will show is anime. Good, wonderful anime. Now I am sorry they put their dumb shows there. And they got Family Guy, King of The Hill, American Dad...oh why?! They used to come on FOX! It is messed up. I miss my anime.

But oh well. I moved on. I am too old for that channel apparently.

I agree with you one hundred percent. I miss Toonami way too much, but now that I am eighteen, I have been watching much more educational television for some reason, and I use to absolutely HATE educational television.

Adult Swim is basically the only thing I watch on there anymore.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Ya really wanna know what happened?
    We grew up.

Our brains are more advanced and have become bored with the learning aspects of these cartoons (believe it or not, they are there). In truth, little has changed from the cartoons of our time. We remember the old cartoons from our youth fondly because they gave us something special, something that our minds no longer hunger for. Today's cartoons do the same for today's children, however we are from a different era and are immune to their effects. They basically have the same message, but the message is tuned to what is happening now, not then. We cannot relate the same way a child now can.

I am a child and I can tell cake (Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls) from crap (Jimmy Two Shoes, Flapjack).

Andres914

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • i want tonnami to come back already, it's boring without it! It gave DBZ, NARUTO, ONE PIECE and Zatch Bell!

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • What I find terribly amusing is how so many people complain about 'the kids these days not appreciating the old CN', and they're 14 or 15 years old. The kids who watch it (preteen and younger, the demograph) were likely not even alive when CN first started airing shows. You can't rage at them for not knowing 'what it was like back then' when many of them, even myself, don't remember, or were too young.

Frankly, because I have better things to do than sit on the internet and bawww about how CartoonNetwork isn't showing my favourite shows anymore. lol

Back