• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What's he doing?

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    When you save the game, your character bends over and faces the screen. What is he/she doing? Saving it with a poketch app? Ducking? What do you think?

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    I also used to wonder why too, it looks kinda awkward, but like Sketchies said, he is resting.

Now I think differently of Pokémon players. Though we still don't eat or use the toilets. Is there any? =S

Years
    My guess is he is recording everything you did in the journal that your mom gives you at the beginning of the game.

Vie

Years
    he is writing down the stuff that u read when you haven't been playing for a while.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I thought he was writing in his journal. The way he's positioned, he looks like he's almost writing something.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well when you tap the poketch screen the character moves into a position where it looks like he/she is touching the poketch.

When you save the game he/she sits down like if he/she is taking a rest by 'saving'.

The Red Chain

I think he is getting on one knee to take a rest while you save..
    I mean it's gotta be tiring standing 24-7. [/literally]

Melody

Banned
    Years
    To me, the pose the sprite takes when you save, and the pose the sprite takes when you use the poketch are the same, so I assume he's interacting with the poketch in some way.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Writing things in the journal. i clearly see that. and i'm supposed to be lacking an eye (i can see only using one. the other one sees everything blurry as x8798 motion blur)

Beelzebub

under the crimson air
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    I always thought he was just leaning down doing something to wait for that long save to end. I never though about what, though.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    In the Japanese version "Save" is called "Report" and the Japanese version says something like "Writing the report..." if that answers your question.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    I always thought he/she was just taking a rest. But I guess we'll never know. xD

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I always thought he was writing something in his Poketch, or using it to save or something. It seems like it, as he's holding up his hand.

Back