• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What's taking them so long to reveal the starter evolutions?

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I really hope they come out before release, or I'm going to purposely not start my game until the evolutions are released online.

I'm expecting Grass/Rock, Fire/Psychic, and pure Water for their starter evolutions. Froakkie has shown the least evidence of having a secondary typing.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I see 2 possibilities.

1: The starters don't evolve. Instead, they just Digivolve to mega forms.

2: Fennekin will be our 4th Fire/Fighting.

ImBlue

dabbadeedabadai
Years
GameFreak has been focusing on other big news items, such as Fairy type and Mega Evolutions. If they would have revealed starter evolutions by now either they would have taken away from the press those other things got or they would have been drowned out by news already out.

Since there's nothing too big coming out in the next issue of Corocoro (that we know of at least!) I wouldn't be surprised if we at least got silhouettes. Or, we could just wait a couple months; unfortunately that's a lot harder than it sounds!

Emburn

<3
Years
If I had a 3Ds and was going to get the game, I wouldn't want them revealed. The evolutions would make things interesting as the game went on. It's something to look forward too.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
If I had a 3Ds and was going to get the game, I wouldn't want them revealed. The evolutions would make things interesting as the game went on. It's something to look forward too.

I would at least want them to reveal the typing. Just because I want to be sure that I can choose Fennekin and not have it turn into yet another Fire/Fighting type.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
If we don't get more info by the time the game releases I'm sure that there will be tons online by the time I buy the game and start playing. I'm anxious to know though since I do want to do some planning.

Back