• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the best uber/non-uber pokemon?

Years
  • Which uber and non-uber pokemon are the best to form a team around? I think mewtwo is the best uber and tyranitar is the best non-uber.

Also what is the best pokemon to use as a 'finisher' so after a stalemate between my tank (venusaur) and an oppenents tank i can bring in this pokemon to quickly strike and end the battle?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Although there is no "Best" Pokémon from either Uber or OU, statswise the best Uber is Arceus, with base 120s across the board. However one of the best OUs (and it's being debated whether it is too powerful for OU or not) is Garchomp.

Years
  • Well an uber is a pokemon with an unfair advantage over other pokemon, like incredible stats.

The best uber is Arceus, of course (why wouldn't the god of Pokemon be the strongest)
    The best non uber is, if used correctly, Speed Deoxys @ choice scarf in my opinion. Speed can exceed 500 and sp. atk can exceed 450.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • Hmm... i dunno... Stats i guess :P
    To me Giratina is the best uber pokemon. I just love it!
    The best non uber pokemon would be Charizard... good stats i suppose :laugh:
    The best pokemon to use as a finisher? Charizard and its Blast Burn!!

Years
  • charizard is awesome, i had some massive battle that (because of full restore/revive) kept on going on just between my dialga and my friend's tyranitar.

my venusaur used frenzy plant to finish that up... then all i had to do was wipe out his remaining pokemon, a seaking! wooh!

do you think (if there are more generations of pokemon) that arceus will always be the most powerful pokemon ever

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • Shweet! You pwned him hard lol!
    Uhhh, definitely! I mean, Arceus is the alpha pokemon... There should not be others that can well actually beat him... (you can beat him in the game but if you're talking logically then no)

Years
  • arceus better get his own spotlight coming up. he is one sick nasty beast of a pokemon.

maybe a animé film... i wish platinum was based around him

or there should be the 4th sequel to diamond/pearl/platinum based around him: Pokemon Alpha... lol

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • The chances for an anime movie for Arceus are high but im not too sure for another game coz you could actually catch it in every game...
    Unless!! Arceus has another form! That would be awesome!!

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    An uber is generally a poke that overcentralises the metagame, hence the mixed inclusion of wobbufet and garchomp. The need to counter a certain poke over all others is a distinct sign they are too strong to adapt to.

As said, there is no best pokemon, since pokes do different jobs. You cannot choose between, for example, harizard and blissey because their roles are so different. All pokes act better in different circumstances than others.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Tyranitar owns all :( CBTar kills Gyarados and Salamence leads.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Tyranitar owns all :( CBTar kills Gyarados and Salamence leads.

Yeah then you die to vacuum wave, a base 40 power move, because of your quad weakness ;)

This is a prime example of how all pokes have good and bad points.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    tyranitars are good but my venusaur can kill them easy

i think tyranitars are one of the best pokemon though

Venasaur gets a taste of Boah's Ice Beam.

Yeah then you die to vacuum wave, a base 40 power move, because of your quad weakness ;)

This is a prime example of how all pokes have good and bad points.

Lucario can shove his Vacuum Wave up his A- D:

Tyranitar has base 150 SpD in the Sandstorm. And some Tyranitar's can survive an Aura Sphere from Mewtwo...So, yeah.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Tyranitar owns all :( CBTar kills Gyarados and Salamence leads.

Odd, I lead with Mixmence a good amount of the time, which... oh yeah, eats Tyranitar. :D

Best Pokémon uber is something I don't wish to touch. Overused? Garchomp, hands down. The thing is debated for ubers for crying out loud. XD

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Y'know, usually, when Tar survives a hit by Mewtwo's Aura Sphere, it's with a little bit of EV support, no boosting item on Mewtwo, and a lack of STAB. Most Tyranitars in OU do not do as much in EVs, while STAB (plus Modest on Lucario's side, since most Mewtwo's pack Timid) gives SpecsLuke Aura Sphere a boost.

Just wanted to point that out.

Anyhow, while my knowledge of Ubers is limited, I consistently see variations of Arceus stoppering Uber Pokemon. I'm not entirely certain if there's really a way to entirely counter Arceus (with it's multiple movesets) - at least in a single Pokemon.

The same pretty much applies to Garchomp, which requires multiple Pokemon to counter out.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • Careful 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Attack @CB is the preferred distribution in Ubers partly because of Tyranitar's monstrous defences in Ubers as well as its excellent Dark STAB which pretty much puts a dent in a lot of Ubers.

CBtar 2HKOs Venusaur easily while not being hindered by ANY of its moves except maybe Specs Leaf Storm or Sleep Powder.

Best Uber? I would ask if you are specifically referring to Ubers or the best performing pokemon in the metagame as a whole, which is largely subjective. For instance I would think Arceus would be the best Uber due to its unpredictability. But largely I would lean towards Dialga for having a great typing and excellent stat distribution allowing it to run Specs, RestTalkBulk Up or the common MixDialga.

Best non-Uber used in Ubers is Garchomp hands down.

Best OU is Garchomp again being hard to counter even when you know your opponent is running the most common sets, YacheSDChomp.
    Honestly I don't get why everyone is harping about the CB versions which apparently 2HKO all of its supposed counters. For the record CBGallade and many others do the same thing.

Pookachu

Chuck Norris
    Years
  • There's no absolute best non-uber Pokémon, but the COMMON threats are: Lucario, Tyranitar, Heracross, Garchomp, Salamence and Gyarados. (Forgot some....xd)

Most of them have 4x weaknesses but if you let them set up, and your counter fainted/is weakened, you are pretty much finished.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Garchomp is the best OU, and I think it's overhyped (which shows its power >_<) As far as perfomring a specific task extremely well, Blissey gets some props here, since it is the best special wall in the game and walls a good 95% of special attackers out there, while garchomp has more worries.

In ubers, I really fail at those. Arceus is the easy choice so I'll go with it >_< Attack Deoxys looks really scary too ._.

Years
  • a good indication of uber pokemon are the ones which are not allowed in the Showdown tournament:

150 - Mewtwo
    151 - Mew
    249 - Lugia
    250 - Ho-Oh
    251 - Celebi
    382 - Kyogre
    383 - Groudon
    384 - Rayquaza
    385 - Jirachi
    386 - Deoxys
    483 - Dialga
    484 - Palkia
    485 - Heatran
    486 - Regigigas
    487 - Giratina
    489 - Phione
    490 - Manaphy
    491 - Darkrai

and a good indicator of the two best OU are the only legendaries not allowed in the tournament: dragonite and tyranitar.

Back