• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the least popular Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I posted a thread with the same topic several years ago (back when there was only four generations) and received some interesting answers.
    So I once again pose this question: What is the least popular Pokemon, or in other words, what is the most forgettable Pokemon?

I personally had no idea that Mothim was a Pokemon until I was forced to use one in a Nuzlocke. I seriously didn't even know that it existed before seeing it. I'm not saying that I'm an expert and know all of the Pokemon by heart, but I can recognize most of them, and I seriously would not have even thought that this was a Pokemon if someone showed me an image of it. I'd just never seen it before.

I guess you could probably interpret this as two separate questions, depending on how you look at it. So what do you got?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Mothim, sadly, is a candidate. I like its looks a lot actually, but as I never played much 4th gen games, I haven't used it. For some reason, Burmy showed up more in the manga than Mothim did, I don't recall seeing Mothim at all there. Or in the anime, for that matter? But that, again, might be because I haven't watched much Sinnoh anime xD

Also things like Delibird, Girafarig, Spinda, Huntail and Finneon are candidates for least popular pokémon, I think. I don't personally dislike them, I just never hear people acknowledge them.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    Probably Girafarig and Basculin. I haven't heard a single thing about these two at all. Took me long enough to acknowledge Basculin's existence, while I found out about Girafarig (and made notable memory of) from Elite Four Lucian in Diamond.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Definitely Qwilfish. I think its the true forgotten Pokemon no one ever remembers.
    It has mediocre stats, not that big of a movepool and no evolution or anything.
    If GF were to remove this Pokemon, im sure no one would ever notice
    What's the least popular Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Basculin was mentioned above but I personally have a hard time forgetting something that appeared just about everywhere in Gen 5.

Here's a few that I do find to be forgettable:

-Finneon and Lumineon (didn't even remember they existed until seeing this thread)

-Slugma and Magcargo

-Corsola

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I think it's hard to determine one Pokémon as everybody will have different opinions. Every Pokémon is somebody's favorite.

My personal least favorite Pokémon? Delphox. That thing is ugly and just overall really stupid. Sad due to the potential of Fire/Psychic.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    What about Magikarp? He is pretty useless unless you want to take the time to level him to Gyarados.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Any Water-type that you can fish for, and doesn't have an evolution... they pretty much all suck (except my epic Luvdisc shiny).

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I think it's hard to determine one Pokémon as everybody will have different opinions. Every Pokémon is somebody's favorite.

My personal least favorite Pokémon? Delphox. That thing is ugly and just overall really stupid. Sad due to the potential of Fire/Psychic.

The question is about least popular or otherwise most forgettable, not least favorite. Judging by the amount of Delphox fanart you can find on Google Images, it's a fairly popular pokémon. XD

It's hard for me to make a call on most forgettable pokémon because I have all of them permanently ingrained in my memory banks, but Stantler seems to be a huge candidate for most overlooked pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It's hard for me to make a call on most forgettable pokémon because I have all of them permanently ingrained in my memory banks, but Stantler seems to be a huge candidate for most overlooked pokémon.

Pretty much took the words out of my mouth. I know all the Pokemon pretty well, but Stantler has always stood out to me as a completely forgettable Pokemon. Especially once Deerling and Sawsbuck came about.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    What about Magikarp? He is pretty useless unless you want to take the time to level him to Gyarados.

I dunno, it's kind of famous for being one of the worst Pokemon ever. :P

There's a lot of "straight to the box" Pokemon I caught just for the sake of completing the Pokedex and never considered using, but I'll have to go with Binacle here.

Also, maybe it's just because I didn't really get into Black/White, but I did not know Alomomola was a Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hmm... maybe Stantler. It's a really happy-go-lucky Pokémon and all, but you just rarely see him anywhere, whether it be websites, message boards, when battling online, you name it. If it's gotten some form of an evolution, then I'm sure it would have been able to become more popular. d: Along with that, another would be Delibird. It's supposed to be Pokémon's Christmas mascot, apparently, but they rarely promote it anymore.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
    Years
    I agree stantler is pretty boring but its still kinda famous.
    I think Basculin is underrated way too much.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Dunsparse? And that fish Remoroid or w/e, from Johto. I can say I know 6th generation Pokemon better then those 2 Johto ones sometime.

Years
    I hate to say it, but it always seems like Johto Pokemon are the ones forgotten about the most, as evidenced by those that have said Delibird, Girafarig, Qwilfish, Slugma/Magcargo, Corsola, Stantler, Dunsparce, Remoraid and Sunflora. I might even throw Smoochum in there as well. I always remember that Magmar and Electabuzz had prevolutions added in Johto, but Smoochum always throws me off guard when I see it.

Back