• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Whats The Stupidest Thing You Did In Pokemon Leaf Green And Fire Red

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
  • My stories are pretty sad...

- Selling my Masterball (for what I thought was 9999999 bucks), only to find out five minutes later that you get ZERO money from selling it.

- Looking for a Magmar, in FireRed! Wasted 2 hours of my life.

- Used my last Pokeball to catch a Zubat (I got annoyed by them so I decided to enslave them!) and my next encounter was a SHINY Golbat. Life just hurts.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    getting leafgreen instead of firered. most my favorites are ones that you can't get on leafgreen. XD

ShadowForce_G

Endless learning...
    Years
  • Having trouble with national dex.
    Story:
    I new game my leafgreen and defeat E4, then restart the game, continue, and "now, what must I do?", "OH, sevii island" (searching sapphire and ruby mission), "how do I go there?", "OH, National Dex!", "WHAT? My pokedex still the old pokedex?", "how do I upgrade my pokedex?" and then I talk to Prof. Oak and nothing happened. "Last time I played it, the pokedex automatically upgraded...". So, I travel the region, waste many precious time, next day I ask to my friend, he said "You must caught at least 60 pokemon", (I just have 26 pokemon, too lazy), then I caught as many as possible, include useless pokemon, then went to sevii island!

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • My stories are pretty sad...

- Selling my Masterball (for what I thought was 9999999 bucks), only to find out five minutes later that you get ZERO money from selling it.
    I think you can't sell MasterBall? The man in the PokeMart refuses to take it...

BoreanWolf

Leeroy Jenkins
    Years
  • At the battle against Green/Blue/Gary, both of us had one pokémon left. And so I decided to use Hyper Beam on his Tyranitar.

I'll leave the rest to your imagination >:

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    >.> I caught a Shiny Vulpix and restarted without trading it over to another game!!! T,T I hate myself for doing that...still...

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Waste $500 on a stupid Magikarp.

Trying to catch Mewtwo with 3 Ultra Balls and 22 Great Balls.

Challenging E4 with mainly Pokes under LVL 40.

Just fail Fail FAIL!!!!

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
    Years
  • Since FireRed was my first Pokemon game and I was about 7 or 8 and I was looking in my PC and thought the "Release" selection meant it would release the Pokemon out of the pokeball and it would follow you around. All of my good Pokemon went byebye...

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2009
    Mine was also buying lemonade and thinking it would let me through the security gates lol

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I caught a shiny Bellsprout in Leafgreen then I migrated it to Platinum but I forgot to trade it over to Emerald and clone it first.

Since FireRed was my first Pokemon game and I was about 7 or 8 and I was looking in my PC and thought the "Release" selection meant it would release the Pokemon out of the pokeball and it would follow you around. All of my good Pokemon went byebye...
    I did the same thing lol.

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
  • Saving after I defeated the legendary birds. I almost saved after killing Mewtwo at the end of the game, but only then did I realize that I could save before I battled the Pokemon and soft reset if I accidentally killed it! :P

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • When I first played through the game, I transfered all my good pokemon over to Diamond. Only to realize I had no pokeballs left and nothing to fight trainers to earn pokedollars to buy pokeballs. So I couldn't catch a bunch of things I still needed for my pokedex in Diamond. I learned from my mistake the next time I played through at least :D

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • The dumbest thing I ever did?

Hmm... I tried to get a Crobat, thinking I could have one before I got to Misty. I got a Zubat and trained it to level freaking 42, thus leading to me having a Golbat, and it did not freaking evolve! I was getting mad, so I threw it into a PC. After the Elite Four, I raised it one level, and it evolved.

I'm still mad about that. Took me forever...

Back