• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What's The Stupidest Thing You Ever Did In RSE

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Catch and keep a Bad Egg. Destroyed my Emerald

WolfWrath

*Questions your mental health*
    Years
    On Sapphire (first file):

I killed Kyogre, killed Latias, I didn't get the Masterball on my first file 'cause I didn't know were it was, I tried to beat steven with a Delcatty, Blaziken, Mightyena, Swellow, Agron, and Tentacruel.

Emerald:

I thought Wallce was going to be an easy win...was I wrong, I spent 8 hours looking for Rayquaza...in Granite cave (I thought there would be a top called the spear pillar were Ray was since I couldn't find the real SP), I also attempted to beat Tate and Liza with level 30 - somethings......until I saw they had two extra pokemon.

I think that's about all.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    I encountered a shiny Whismur, and thought my game was cursed. I was convinced that if I caught it, everything in the game would turn shiny, including all the characters, buildings, scenery etc, and annoy me for the rest of my playing days. So I ran from it.

I was only 10, but it's still worthy of a facepalm.

PokéToast

Want Some Toast?
    Years
    I think the first time I played Ruby, my brother told me a rumor about catching Mew in the Safari Zone if you cut all the grass areas down. I spent 4 hours doing that to accomplish nothing.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Oh, when I was just a Poke'newb,
    I kept trying to beat Brawly with weak, WEAK pokemon because apperantly, I didn't conceive the whole:
    "Beat other pokemon you get EXP points so your pokemon get stronger." concept. :X

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Losing to the Elite Four because i was underleveled, and then losing all my money, and then beating them finally due to fighting them over and over till I was strong enough, and I getting extra lucky with Minun's Thunder. Ugh.

Latiace

I'm back!
    Years
    On my Ruby version I taught my Linoone (nicknamed Kyuu) the Dig TM and then I deleted it! When I discovered the Sealed Chamber, I needed to use dig to open the door! (How stupid!) Here is the dialogue for your enjoyment: (With Blaze the Blaziken!)

Latiace:So this is the Sealed Chamber, eh?
    Kyuu:Exactly!
    Latiace:So how do you open the door?
    Kyuu:I think you have to use Dig!
    Latiace:*Twitch*
    Kyuu:What's wrong, Latiace?
    Latiace:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111ONETWOTHREEEEE

THE NEXT DAY:

Latiace:*Sigh* I guess I can't open the door of the Sealed Chamber...
    Blaze:What!?
    Kyuu:What do you mean, Blaze?
    Blaze:Apparently that is the only way you can get access to the Three Regis!
    Latiace:O_O;.............
    Kyuu:*Sigh* here we go again...
    Latiace:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!1111111ONETWOTHREEFOURFIVESIXSEVENEIGHTNINETEN

THE END! XD
    I guess the Sinnoh Elite Four has the same problems...

Aaron:So this is the Sealed Chamber, eh?
    Lucian:Exactly!
    Flint:I'm really not sure, but I think I lost the Dig TM...
    Aaron:OMGNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111NINETHOUSAND *Faints*
    Lucian:I think you killed him...
    Flint:*Sweatdrops* of course........... not.
    Aaron:*Wakes up* Huh? What happened?
    Flint:Apparently I can't get access to the Three Regis...
    Aaron:AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!11111 *Faints again*
    Lucian:*Facepalm*

AT SNOWPOINT TEMPLE

Flint:So this is Snowpoint Temple, eh?
    Aaron:Of course it is! I can't wait to get Regigigas!
    Lucian:I've heard that you have to catch the Three Regis first...
    Aaron:Aw dang it!
    Flint:OMGAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!11111 *Runs away*
    Lucian:Hehe, they'll never know I caught the THREE REGIS! *Evil laugh*
    Aaron:Huh what?
    Lucian:Nothing! ^_^

THE END! (Again!)

I'm a born storyteller XD

Last edited:

shadowlinks99

Leader of the Yoshi Fanbase
    Years
    In my Ruby, I used my Master Ball on a wild Gloom, thinking that it was an ultra ball.

In my sapphire, I ran away from a shiny linoone, and I taught dig to my other linoone (non shiny) and deleted it. No regis for me. :(

In my emerald, I did the duplication glitch... And crashed my game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2013
    for me it was when ran away from catching kyogre in saphire

Bellasaur

no$gba hurts my eyes :(
    Years
    I encountered a shiny Whismur, and thought my game was cursed. I was convinced that if I caught it, everything in the game would turn shiny, including all the characters, buildings, scenery etc, and annoy me for the rest of my playing days. So I ran from it.

I was only 10, but it's still worthy of a facepalm.

Lol, that's what I did. My R/S cartridges must've been blessed, cause I ran into a shiny ralts, numel, and whismur on Ruby and a shiny golbat and electrike on Sapphire. And each time I ran. :/

Another dumb thing I did: caught a pokemon with pokerus and thought it was bad, so I put it in my pc and released it. >:U

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Going up against Wallace (Emerald) with a lv.80 Swampert and 5 lv.35 pokémon.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    1 kid in my class said he could unlock the event to goto the island with latias on it...like an idiot i belived him and lended him my game

next day he gave my game back, and all my good pokemon were gone...at least he gave the game back =/

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
    I had a busload of Pokes and a lot of traded ones from Emeralds Safari Zone [GSC] and I also caught a shiny Golbat and raised it into a Pink Crobat that became a permanent part of my team...the started getting boring after a while...so I restarted...and that's when DP came [ i found out about migration] and I havent stopped kicking myself about it yet...this was on Ruby...

Lol. I sold my Sapphire version right before they announced Diamond/Pearl. I had Jirachi and Deoxys lvl 100 and now I can't get either one of them. T_T

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Going up against Wallace (Emerald) with a lv.80 Swampert and 5 lv.35 pokémon.

That's a fairly accurate representation of what my Emerald team looked like, lol

(Besides, I was screwed if I didn't trade over Swampert since I chose Torchic as my starter.)

Back