• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's Your Cellphone?

Do you have a cell phone?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Everything it does more than mine it does badly.

Dedicated devices will always be superior.
    Let's see...best in class GPS software? Check.
    Best available phone OS? Check.
    Best office suite? Check.
    Best QWERTY keyboard? Check.
    Best audio/video file format support? Check.

Sorry, where's your god now?

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Let's see...best in class GPS software? Check.
    Best available phone OS? Check.
    Best office suite? Check.
    Best QWERTY keyboard? Check.
    Best audio/video file format support? Check.

Sorry, where's your god now?

GPS? Don't go outside, and I've a sense of direction.
    Office suite on a phone is hilarious.

To each his own I guess, I prefer my standard phone and my iPod over more complicated phones.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    GPS? Don't go outside, and I've a sense of direction.
    Office suite on a phone is hilarious.

To each his own I guess, I prefer my standard phone and my iPod over more complicated phones.

It sounds to me like you're trying to whip up an argument out of your ass.

Some people need those features. You can't just judge a phone's capabilities out of your own needs. :[

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Motorola KRZR k1m. sleek and sexy. :D

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    It sounds to me like you're trying to whip up an argument out of your ass.

Some people need those features. You can't just judge a phone's capabilities out of your own needs. :[

Well when I'm doing work on an office suite I need a resolution of 1024x768 or more or I find it unbearable. I guess the suite on the phone is just for minor edits then?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Sony/Docomo SO905i

Comes with a crappy Oneseg TV tuner which I never use, and the music playback capability and camera are around the only things I use on it.
    Also the alarm clock. I need at least two alarm clocks to wake me.

Years
    Yeah, mine does everything I need it to and more that I'll never use (a barcode reader anyone?). Although I do get carried away and seem to think it's far better than anything else....
    So it does pretty much everything the iPhone does, I just have something against the Apple invasion. (Microsoft FTW -shotted-)

Just out of curiosity, does the iPhone edit documents or just read them. Because my last phone could only read them...

It's hilarious when you browse through and find dozens of features that you won't remember, let alone use. Here's an example, I was browsing around and found an option to hook the phone up to a wireless keyboard. Handy if you have thumbs bigger than a germ.

Sorry if I offended anyone with the iPhone comment, previously...

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I have a Motorola RAZR V3 - Magenta flip phone. Yeah I know there are better RAZRs out there now. I got the older version because when I upgraded, I found out this one is free. XD The next phone I want is a silder and has a mini keyboard for texting. I can't text too well of the phone I got now.

Oh yeah it has a camera inside too. VGA Zoom 4x...or I think it might be 1.8 megapixels. I really don't know. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    I have a Motorola RAZR V3 - Magenta flip phone. Yeah I know there are better RAZRs out there now. I got the older version because when I upgraded, I found out this one is free. XD The next phone I want is a silder and has a mini keyboard for texting. I can't text too well of the phone I got now.

Oh yeah it has a camera inside too. VGA Zoom 4x...or I think it might be 1.8 megapixels. I really don't know. XD

The keyboard bit sounds like an HTC, although 1.8MP is pretty sad now, as you can already get 5MP phones.

Simple phones are fine if you are not using them for everything; if you are texting and calling, good phones are a waste of money.

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    Mine's a pay-as-you-go Samsung from Verizon.

My first camera phone, actually.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    Currently I have a Sony Ericsson W580. Which looks exactly like this!
    What's Your Cellphone?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    The keyboard bit sounds like an HTC, although 1.8MP is pretty sad now, as you can already get 5MP phones.

Simple phones are fine if you are not using them for everything; if you are texting and calling, good phones are a waste of money.

Really? Wow, yeah I been hearing that you can get it in 3-5MP now. Now the more I thought about it, I really don't text too much. I still go for a slider though when I upgrade again.

I just really use my phone to talk to family and friends. If I want to text them, I much rather call them then.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    One of only two thus far to vote no on the poll; go me. I wouldn't get one unless my occupation required it, but even then it'd be the company's phone.

You can't just judge a phone's capabilities out of your own needs. :[
    You can actually, and it's generally best to do so since you'd most likely be buying it for yourself.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    One of only two thus far to vote no on the poll; go me. I wouldn't get one unless my occupation required it, but even then it'd be the company's phone.

You can actually, and it's generally best to do so since you'd most likely be buying it for yourself.

I was talking about another person's phone.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Yeah, mine does everything I need it to and more that I'll never use (a barcode reader anyone?). Although I do get carried away and seem to think it's far better than anything else....
    So it does pretty much everything the iPhone does, I just have something against the Apple invasion. (Microsoft FTW -shotted-)

Just out of curiosity, does the iPhone edit documents or just read them. Because my last phone could only read them...

It's hilarious when you browse through and find dozens of features that you won't remember, let alone use. Here's an example, I was browsing around and found an option to hook the phone up to a wireless keyboard. Handy if you have thumbs bigger than a germ.

Sorry if I offended anyone with the iPhone comment, previously...
    Assuming you mean the QR code readers?
    Are they used a lot in the States? Since here, every freaking flier you get on the streets has a QR code you can scan with your phone.

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    i have the new blackberry curve :P

What's Your Cellphone?

Years
    I have a a Nokia N95 8GB, a simple Nokia 1200 that a friend gave me and one Sony Ericsson Walkman that just died and I forgot about!

Back