• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen whats your fave pokemon and why

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 22, 2004
    ok frostweaver but i had never seen a tyrantar till i was deep into the game(meaning umby and houndoom were the only ones i saw) adn well houndoom i had only seen a few times... and i thrashed him with meganium....

anyhow umbreon also doesnt' have a second type accompianing her such as rock in tyrantar's case(i tend to dislike pokemon with the rock type slaped on them) and in houndoom's case fire, and while i kinda like fire and such, houndoom just never seems to work for or against me, he is alright, but i'd still prefer umbreon over him, idont' like it when a grass type beats up a fire type(even if he is only part fire, he still had flamethrower*ouch*)

also i am not sure what you mean by UU, i have actually never seen it used before, i thougth at first it meant unused or underused or something but.....

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Tyranitar rocks!!!

Umbreon is really useful in coleseum with its high defense...

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Lunatone... one of the 6 Pokemon I actually trained in the game o.o; It's easy to handle as it can't have a gender, and the moveset is written in stone... lol

OMG, BAD PUN ALERT!

Nidoking and its megahorn bought back some popularity, but sadly it's still a UU of the metagame.

Probably because its stats are all around average at best and being Ground/Poison it has common weaknesses (surf, EQ, ice beam, psychic mainly). Nidoking works best ingame methinks where you can load it up with an arsenal of tm moves and blast everybody away. Still cute though.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Lots of favourites here, but let's go with the main ones...

Skarmory - Ever since playing Gold and Silver I've always liked the Skarmory. It's (then) new Steel type was interesting, took me a while to catch but was worth training one up. I was glad I could get him again in my Sapphire, where he became a valuable member of my squad again (and helped taking out those annoying Psychic gym leaders).

Snorlax - My favourite Normal-type. Period. Not only is Snorlax a damage sponge, give him Leftovers and he becomes even more so... I believe he also has Insomnia in LG/FR which is interesting...

Zapdos - One of the few legendaries I've always admired, mostly cos he's the two types I tend to like most - Electric AND Flying... how cool is that? Was also the hardest one I found to catch in Blue/Red, that just makes him even more worth it...

Venusaur - My very first starter was a Bulbasaur, and he just grew from strength to strength (pun not intended). Yeah, I like Grass types even though they have lots of weaknesses, but who cares... I can leech my health back, and watch out for that Sunny Day/Solarbeam...

Misdreavus - I loved my Haunter back on Blue and Red, but when I caught a new pure Ghost type, I was impressed... still my fave Ghost type, and he looks so sweet on Colosseum :-)

Scizor - I always had a hard time trying to catch a Scyther in the Safari Zone, but I managed it. Then, I got him onto my Silver, and traded to Gold, and lo and behold, he evolved :-) And was so hard... shame I've got to wait for LG/FR to get another... oh well...

Articuno - Yeah, it's another legendary bird, but it's so cool. Ice moves mean hard work for a Dragon type, and I gave him Bubblebeam to deal with any Fire types that may try to burn him down... smart move of mine I thought...

Latias10

Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Intro
    My favorite Pokemon is Latias. I started liking her when I saw Pokemon Heros. That was this January. I saw the movie today and I love her even more.

Looks

She has s red and white body. She has odd wings. A blue triangle on her belly. She looks alot like a Dragon pokemon. Also very cute.

Stats
    She is a Dragon/Psychic Pokemon. With the abilty of Levitate. Her HP and Deffense are okay. She is hast and has a good Attack, SP Attack and SP Deffense. I think she is one of the weakest legendary pokemon.

Latias

A very cute pokemon. She is a Dragon type witch I like. I also like Latios, but he is not the same. Some of her poses are great. She is gental and nice. I would say she would be a nice pokemon to own. A very caring pokemon. A great pokemon. I will always love her.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2004
    i always liked hitmonlee even though he sux ***
    other than him i liked:

Dragonite
    salamence
    crobat
    charizard
    feraligator

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • hitmonlee isn't that bad for a UU reversal user though ^_^; he's quite speedy, and stab reversal is just good... mach punch can kill other quick attackers (or damage them at least), and HP Ghost to get the ghost types! It works until you see Unmentionable W- and S

Years
  • Favorites:

Charizard: Dragon-Like lizard who can roast people. Good Attack, good Speed and good Special Attack. What can I say more?

Arcanine: Another Fire Pokemon. Extreme Speed rules.

Jolteon: Good Speed and good Sp.Attack. Plus good looks

Scyther: Scythes over claws, Scyther over Scizor

Kabutops: Scythes RULE!!!!!!!!!

Poke'gangster

Banned
    Years
  • I have a couple of favorite Pokemon:

1)Jirachi what else? I like it cause it has 3 eyes. It can wish hehehe!! And it looks like a mutant Christmas tree ornament. I'ts fast. due to teleportation. I don't care about it's weak status. Though I like Doom Desire and it's ability Serene Grace.It promotes added effects!!
    2) Absol. It look agile cool. I like that huge horn thing on his head. Hey what's not to like?
    3) Pikachu!! Hey I have to like something classic. I liked him when I was just 5. GO PIKACHU!!!!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Jirachi's 3rd eye is not visible on the sprite though because it's closed... you have to watch the movie for that ^_^;

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I love togepi.

Why do i love Togepi?

Well i can't make a paragraph as to why i love this Pokemon pertaining to the fact that i have not watched the Pokemon series for over 4 years nor have i played gold/silver for a long long time.

Togepi is simply just cute.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I like togetic! That would be an awesome poke if it were in real life, just as a pet [non battling] kinda thing!

The Pokemaster

General Grievous = badass
    Years
  • My favourites in order and why:

1. Metagross: A psychic Tank of power and destruction, thats why, few pokemon look as amazing as this and barrel through most other pokemon like they arent even there, my own Metagross, Sideways, has taken out Rayquaza's in single hits and seems to walk through fire like it doesnt exist, all in all, the worlds only Psychic for the Power-Player

2. Alakazam: amazingly cool psychic type, incredible speed means theyre in and out quick as a flash and leave no enemy standing, teach it Shadow Ball and watch the other Pyschics fall, my Alakazam in red, the original Merlin, had a speed stat of 339, the Max an Alakazam can have in that version.

3. Poliwrath: simply put, the best and most varied fighting type ever, not to mention a water type 10 times better than blastoise, with massive defence, he can handle a lot thrown at him, and, if like my poliwrath Bruno, you posses the Mind Reader - DynamicPunch combo, most opponents can be floored in as little as 2 turns.

4. Dragonite: forget Salamence, Its my firm belief that if Dragonite and him clashed, Dragonite would clean house real quick, and why? the simply stunning move-pool that this monstrous but cute-faced dragon posseses, with such attack in his possible arsenal as Ice-beam and Blizzard, he can turn his greatest weakness into an awe-inspiring strength.

5: Tyranitar: A power-house dark type that, just like Dragonite, posseses quite a nice move-pool, my own Tyranitar, Albert, knows surf, and few people see it coming from a rock pokemon.

6: Regirock: I never liked legendaries until I met this guy and Regice, with a defence that you couldnt break through with a nuclear war-head and a quite varied move-pool for a rock type, he is able to do a lot of damage to anything he comes across, even a few water types if you teach it things like Thunderbolt, my only peeve is that it isnt a ground type, and is therefore susceptible to electric attacks, but at the same time this provents a x4 weakness to water, so its good and bad.

7. Regice: Like Regirock, but a special sweeper, Regice is great at fighting water types from the very moment you give him an electric move, because he can easily withstand nearly anything except fire or a powerful steel or fighting move, but keep him in the clear and any water, grass, rock, ground and sometimes even the psychic and dark family arent safe from him.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    You probley all ready know lol!

Has to be SQUIRTLE, i love him he's so sweet, and i love his moves! I also like Picachu and alot of the older ones, but Squirtles deffinitly my fav!

Cool thread love to know everyones faves!

DarkAnubisX

Rare hunter
    Years
  • my fave is Absol, cause 1st of all he looks friken sweet, 2ed of all i love that every time he appears it represents a destaster comming *grin*

Back