• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats your favorite main character in the anime?

TundraCanine

Shizuku
Years
  • I'd have to agree with you KingAlex.
    May and Brock are my two favorite characters too. ^^

And how old is Brock? He hangs around 10 year old children......

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Paul & gary FTW
    THEY BOTH SHOW ASH UP SO MUCH n put him in his place

Deeje

Pokemon Breeder from Aus
    Years
  • Definately Misty - No Doubt. No other female or male can ever match her awesomeness! She was tough, cool, funny, brave, liked pokemon and didnt' start out like a newb. She was the original and the best!

noobiot100

Beginning Trainer of Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    boy: Gary. He is just cool
    girl: May and I don't know why.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Going for just the main (as in, in almost every episode of a certain region characters), then I'd have to say:

Male »Kojiro/Nyaasu → Kojiro - He's hilarious, ya gotta admit it. I love how he cares for his Pokémon as well. However, his new English voice actor ruins him. . → Nyaasu - He's adorable, he's a smart-elec, and he's just smart in general. Gotta love smarts!

Female »Haruka - She's awesome. She had such excellent character development (she was afraid of Pokémon but then ended up to be a great coordinator). She was so original until Hikari came along. =/

Juu-Chan

partGiratinabutwon'tsaywh ere
    Years
  • Of course I have to post here!

Nodon'tgetmewrong...I like Ash but I mean, the kid's in every single episode...

Nya, I like Paul. Or Shinji as the above person has reminded me. ^^; I watch it on Jetix. So he's Paul to me. He's so freaking badass...XDD

As for the girls? I love the manga girls way more than the anime girls. Leaf and Yellow and Crystal were all so unique!

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Girl: Dawn, I just love her character and determination. She is a very pretty girl who has a lot of talent in contests and has grown to become my favorite. Misty is a close second, because I grew up with her as a main character. Irreplaceable of course are those old episodes

Boy: Ash Ketchum, a lot of people say they hate Ash's character but why? He is a great example of how a 10 year old would act in situations and has learned breifely from them. People always say he is a mediocre trainer because he has yet to win a region. But look at a 10-13 year old kid getting in the top 8 and improving, as he gets older he will get a lot better

RUBY8

POKEMON FTW
    Years
  • WOW this is really hard so i guess i would say that so far i sorta like Paul in the anime don't know why but he is cool and relaxed but aggresive in battle my style!!

Girl: Dawn, I just love her character and determination. She is a very pretty girl who has a lot of talent in contests and has grown to become my favorite. Misty is a close second, because I grew up with her as a main character. Irreplaceable of course are those old episodes

Boy: Ash Ketchum, a lot of people say they hate Ash's character but why? He is a great example of how a 10 year old would act in situations and has learned breifely from them. People always say he is a mediocre trainer because he has yet to win a region. But look at a 10-13 year old kid getting in the top 8 and improving, as he gets older he will get a lot better

I agree with you why does every1 hate on ash i mean they a say he has weak pokemon and he never wins a tournament but he gets better every season it is only a matter of time and besides if he wins what will come next?

Last edited:

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I would have to say.... ( list time XD )

Male: Max, he was hecka tight :D
    Female: Cynthia and Candice *drools*

Waiting for a PokeSpe season ): Yellow and Red are ftw!

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Does James count as a main character? If so, him.

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
    Years
  • Definately Misty - No Doubt. No other female or male can ever match her awesomeness! She was tough, cool, funny, brave, liked pokemon and didnt' start out like a newb. She was the original and the best!

Oh my gosh! Deeje, you rock! That's exactly the way I feel. Misty is, and always will be, my favorite Pokemon character. I could rant on about the countless reasons why, but I don't want to bore anyone. May's a pretty close second for my favorite female character, while Drew, Tracey, and Gary are my favorite guy characters. I also love Ash and Brock! They can be so funny. Although, this is only taken into account with their proper voice actor. I can't stand the new voice actors. They completely ruin my outlook on the characters they now voice. I can only imagine each pokemon character with their original voice, (excluding James and Meowth's first voice actors that go replaced early on.)

Anyway, here's a list for the people who were too lazy to read the above.

Female:
    1.Misty
    2.May
    (There are numerous minor characters who would be on this list as well)

Male:
    1.Drew
    2.Tracey
    3.Gary
    4.Ash
    5.Brock

Years
  • Paul because he's badass, and don't give me that crap about not caring about Pokemon. What do you think we do in the games?. We choose Pokemon we want and don't want to use to battle a throw away ones we don't.

Back