• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's Your Favorite Musical Instrument?

olih

Who says you can't go home?
Years
  • So, what is it? Can be from anything: jazz band, concert band, marching band, string orchestra, rock band... Even choir counts.
    My favorite instrument is kind of obvious. Just look at my sig. (Hint: It's a trumpet)

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • My favourite musical instrument is the electric guitar. I just love it and adore it. Hearing a great guitar solo can be just wonderful. It a truly magnificent instrument and the different noises, sounds, tones, effects you can get out of it is wonderful. It's an instrument I play as well and I get great enjoyment from playing it and listening to it.

One of the greatest guitar players is down below in my signature. ;)

Years
  • It's hard to pick a favourite instrument, as I more enjoy the combination of instruments in music more than the individual parts themselves, but if I had to narrow it down to one I'd say the drums. Complex (and by this I don't mean fast metal or anything, I mean math rock-y sort of stuff) drums are really amazing. Like this for example: "I Dance Alone" - toe (you may have to wait until about one minute in for the drums to get amazing). But yeah, a good drum beat can make or break a song.

Kind of irrelevant, but I'm not one to like a drum beat just because it's complex. You listen to stuff like Beach House - they use a drum machine and that works better than complex drum beat could for them.

Soraine

(*゚.゚)
    Years
  • Piano. I don't think any instrument's music matches how beautiful Piano music is. Violin is also another favourite, along with acoustic guitar.

Years
  • I enjoy playing bass a lot. A lot more than I thought I would actually. The way it makes you feel while you play can be unbeatable at times. Also, if it counts, the voice really baffles me at how much we can produce with it.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    To be particular, my first electric guitar, a Yamaha ERG121.
    Its been with me since I can remember; that black devil has taught me everything I know.
    From the soft feel of the strings on my fingers, and the familiarity with which I
    can maneuver it, to the stickers and lyrics on the back, it still feels like home.

PSI-Claus

The Devil itself
    Years
  • I love the electric guitar, I mostly agree with everything King Of The Blues said on his post. I just love hearing the different sounds and tones it can make, whether it's something that gets me burning or something that makes me go chill. And hearing a really nice guitar solo is just amazing, makes me wish I could play as fast as some of the guitarists I envy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Drums!!!! Mostly because that's what I play. I also like the sound of the bass guitar, Piano, and Violin. They're all so awesome! (especially the Violin!!)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • With the fad of picking what you play, I love acoustic guitar so much. I love the full sound of it, and with fingerpicking you can make it sound absolutely beautiful. Plus the fact that you can cover any type of song and make an acoustic version of it is kind of just powerful to me, whether it's just a direct translation or a more slower...acoustic-y sounding cover.

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    While I do in fact love some of the great instrumental tracks Metallica has provided like Orion or that one on Death Magnetic I forgot the name to, but my favorite instrumental overall would have to be The Crusade by Trivium. Amazing guitar driven song.

Edit:

wait I thought that the title of the thread said instrumental XD;;

My favorite is definitely guitar. I own a Schecter Diamond Deulxe 006 and I just love playing her, been playin' for about three years. Guitar is just so fun and enjoyable, there's nothing I'd rather do than play guitar.

Last edited:

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Guitars are generally great, and they carry a lot of emotional weight. I'm also fond of saxophones and trumpets in rock music, because when used properly, they appear out of nowhere with such a huge, unexpected impact that it takes the song to another level.

That said, nothing beats the delicate sound of a piano for me.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    For me, it would be concert band/symphony/orchestra flute. I play the flute and I love the sound and any music that comes from it :D The only note that I've found to be too high and annoying is high B d.d

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I kind of naturally have to say bassoon since that is the instrument I enjoy playing the most and is my main instrument.

However, you could say I'm a real woodwind/brass enthusiast. Particularly on the woodwind side. Aside from the bassoon I also really like saxophone (tenor being my favorite) and oboe/English horn. However, I'm really pick with the saxophone. I think it can be really beautiful, but I don't believe that it always is. Particularly I really dislike its general usage in rock music. I know that rock music isn't supposed to be beautiful, but they can really make the instrument sound awful IMO. On the flip side I typically love bands that have a consistent wind section in their songs (like Chicago).

So, yeah, I really love a band that has a consistent wind section. That can make them so much more awesome because woodwind/brass instruments are awesome. lol

I also love some keyboard instruments - Piano, harpsichord, and organ are all pretty awesome. I also really like cellos, and also double bass in jazz. I love walking basslines.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm a sucker for the piano. Even if I didn't play it, I still think that it would have the capability to just make my back shiver every time I hear it played well. Although, even if it's played badly, I'll still end up liking songs with pianos in more than songs without... it's that bad!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    This is hard for me to pick, as there are good things about every instrument. However, if I had to choose, I suppose it would be the Piano, Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute, and Tympani. I also enjoy listening to bass (such as Trombones) as well as Trumpets, Oboes, and French Horns.

Violins are neat too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My two all-time favourite instruments are the piano and the violin. I love going on YouTube and listening to piano renditions of various songs, be it Top 40 pop (and some of it sounds reeeeally good all piano-ified), video game songs, or people's improvisations. It makes me want to improve my own piano playing.

The violin is just a beautiful instrument, in my opinion, especially when coupled with the piano. The combination of piano and violin is just... incredible omg. <33 I'd love to learn it one day.

Alinthea

I have nothing to say
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2015
    Well, it is a very tough question for me. I like to think I am a very musical person, knowing the piano, guitar and drums.
    But, I think I would have to go with the piano, because it was the first instrument that I learnt and it is very relaxing to play.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Tenor saxophone, duh. There's nothing better than it. ;) I'm not biased. I totally don't play this instrument if that's what you're thinking. Tee hee.

Back