• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What's your Favorite New Addition to Pokemon Heartgold?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    The follow feature for sure. And the fact the pokemon can pick up dress ups from the ground <3 Follow feature will be missed. I just loved it, especially since it shows the pokemon in their shiny form too.

EDIT: OMG 1000th Post!!!

Logan_AT

Often Lost in Thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    The game feels well rounded...aside from grinding and more grinding, there's a ton of distractions along the way that one can progress in when you're getting frustrated with grinding. I like the battle factory and pokeathelon additions--it's like getting to play a DS version of the old Pokemon Stadium games, somehow, which I've always liked.

The Pokewalker's also an awesome addition--I wish they kept it for Black and White, but oh well.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    The graphics, pokemon walking behind you, the pokewalker, the safari zone.... and Kyogre/Groudon and Rayquaza :)

Last edited:
    Years
    The pokemon walking with you, the GB player, just everything. I still haven't fought Red yet though and I got it the day it came out in USA. I've been sidetracked with life/ doing other stuff in HG

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I love having my awsome torterra follow me around but then again i wounder how his big ass fits in the buildings.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I love the ability to have one of my Pokemon follow me around. It's like Yellow but instead of having just your Pikachu follow around and not like other Pokemon.

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
    I think the best improvement is having your pokemon follow you everywhere. It makes it seem like its more real then it does just seeing it when you fight.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    Having the option of Pokémon following you around was by far the best improvement. It's a shame they got rid of it in Black and White, (at least, that's what I can tell from the limited amount of screen shots I've allowed myself to see). They definitely should bring it back in later games.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I like having my pokemon follow me around, but I also liked the pokewalker, and I also like having two regions.

Years
    I love having my pokemon follow me around too. I wasn't a big fan of Tangrowth until I saw how cute it looked following me :3 The Pokeathlon was also really cool too, in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2010
    hey may i ask you all???
    can i play Pokemon Heart Gold on PC???...

Years
    It's pretty cool having your favorite Pokémon follow you around everywhere and compared to Yellow, there are more actions when you talk to the Pokémon as well :3

The Pokéwalker is neat too, I just would have preferred, if the Pokémon you take with you, had been able to level up by more than 1 level each walk.

Back