• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Whats Your Favorite nostalgic moment from this game?

ZeldaStrife

PKMN Trainer for 16 Years
    Years
    Honestly my favorite part was obviously the fight against Red. annnd whooping lances butt again

Oh my God, YES. that was so awesome. I wanted to just cream him, so i leveled my team up to 100, and totally cleaned his clock. I want to battle him again, but I can't find what days he journeys back to Mt. Silver; help anyone?

also, I loved how much more involved the Kimono Girls became in this version.

Mr. L

Tea.
    Years

Oh my God, YES. that was so awesome. I wanted to just cream him, so i leveled my team up to 100, and totally cleaned his clock. I want to battle him again, but I can't find what days he journeys back to Mt. Silver; help anyone?

also, I loved how much more involved the Kimono Girls became in this version.

In the originals he'd go back to Mt. Silver every time you beat the elite four, I'm not sure if it works in HGSS though

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2016
    For me, it was when I started the game and got my first look at Johto. I still remember the excitement I felt as a 12 y.o. when I discovered there were new pokemon... Chikorita FTW!

Years
    I think the entire game was just a blast to the past. It was just full of "Oh, I remember this! I love the updated graphics!" and never a moment of, "Oh, I remember this part... ugh," because I think the second generation was amazing!

Sometimes, when you replay games, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, for example, there are certain things one may dread. For me, is was inside Jabu Jabu or certain temples... even though I love the game to death.

I have yet to have any of that with Pokémon. Maybe the Elite Four would be the closest to it because it always throws my blood pressure out the window.

ZeldaStrife

PKMN Trainer for 16 Years
    Years
    For me, it was disembarking the vessel and taking my first steps into Kanto. It revived my childhood in an instant.

THIS.

for srs, especially on Silver and Crystal, not just SoulSilver.

In the originals he'd go back to Mt. Silver every time you beat the elite four, I'm not sure if it works in HGSS though

yes it works the same way in hg/ss on topic my moment was getting cyndaquil

Ahh, thank you, friends. i couldnt remember if it was a certain day of the week or what. :P

Also, to get back on topic, I pick Cyndaquil EVERY TIME. gotta be one of my favorite pokemon. love the little guy.

Last edited:

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
    It's gotta be Ice Cave! I spent so long in there when I was younger... -_-

Route 29, Goldenrod's music, the annoying detecting statues in Mahogany Town's Team Rocket base and Slowpoke's Well all made me smile too; When I first played Soul Silver I was astounded by how many quotes I could recall.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
    For me, it was the moment you walk down to the basement of Burned Tower, and hear the three cries of the legendary dogs before they race off. Suicune's cry especially sends shivers down my spine.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    Oh Surfing, every time I surf, I feel like flying.
    Which made me remember where I would just surf for the sake of hearing the Surfing Theme.

I wanted to cry when I got GB Player. I used it immediately and surfed to my heart's content

Years
    The GB player, it was the best thing that was added to the game hands down.
    It brought back SO many loved childhood memories ♥

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Starting the game was the best, then end after I beaten Red was the saddest moment. :(

Back