• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite Pokemon movie and why?

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
Years
  • I guess mine would actually have to be Pokemon and the Temple of the Sea because it has a ranger in it and is one of the movies that has a really good story line both base and emotional.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Mine would have to be.....Rise of Darkrai I guess. Actually, no, Lucario mystery of Mew. Well, I have a lot of faves. Here are my top 3

1. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew-Lucario is pwnsom and sir Aaron is hot
    2. Pokemon Heroes-Latias/Latios is in it
    3. Rise of Darkrai-Darkrai and Gallade are in it ftw

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • Mine would probably have to be The Power of One.
    I love the story to it, and I think it teaches a good lesson.
    Also, it was, yet, another introduction to the upcoming "new" Johto Pokemon.
    And the score to the movie is fantastic, in my opinion. "Lugia's Song" is gorgeous.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
    I know a lot of people think this movie is boring, but I absolutely loved it. It might not have been the most action-packed movie there is, but there were certain parts of the movie that were just fantastic. Manaphy was so adorable in that movie, and only after seeing this movie did Manaphy become my favorite Pokemon. It was also very touching, and definitely portrays how two people with certain special friendship bonds with eachother will always part one day. Pretty suspenseful, and a very calm and cool appearance for the movie.

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
  • Mine would probably have to be The Power of One.
    I love the story to it, and I think it teaches a good lesson.
    Also, it was, yet, another introduction to the upcoming "new" Johto Pokemon.
    And the score to the movie is fantastic, in my opinion. "Lugia's Song" is gorgeous.

I agree on the music believe it or not my orchestra at my school once played it and it was awesome. I loved the violin part it was so fun to play!

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • My favorite movie at this point is movie 8: Mew and the Mystery of Mew (Mew and the Wave-Guiding Hero: Lucario"
    Why? Because I like the depth the writers gave Lucario past in the movie. The whole movie centers around Lucario background and throughout the movie the question "Did Aaron really abandon?" was done nicely.
    The ending was really emotional and gave a good conclusion to the story.
    I haven't seen Movie 11, but based on what I know I highly doubt that would beat Movie 8.

QueenLuna27

BOW DOWN!!!!!!!!
    Years
  • Im going to say i love pokemon 2000, because one i love the second series of pokemon!!!
    also i loved that the movie was epic and really sad and great!!!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Poemon? Title edit, anyone?

My fave movie would have to be... well, I don't really have a fave. I like all of the movies the same except for the Miramax movies. Those were epic suckage. Mostly the blame goes to translation. Totodile in Movie 5 was epically ruined. "Tai torrry", subtitled as "I'm Sorry"? I'M sorry, but that wasn't necessary.

But then again, The Rise of Darkrai really put that Supernatural feel to the movies that I always wanted. So I really can't complain on that one :D.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    My favorite movie is by far "Destiny Deoxys". Why, you ask? Because it starred my favorite pokemon at the time, Rayquaza. I also liked it because of the location, Larousse City, which is a technology haven of sorts, and I was pleased with the results of it's demographics. Another reason why I like it is because of the second half, which involved looking for Deoxys and finding out why Deoxys was acting this way. And then there's the ending, which I thought was well-done.
    The only pokemon that could possible match up with "Destiny Deoxys", IMO, is the ninth movie.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • My all time favorite pokemon movie and all time FAVORITE movie is Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. I remember watching it both times the day is came out on Friday, March 23. The movie always makes me cry, not to mention it doesn't focus around Ash this time. It focuses around May, who in my opinion is better than Dawn and Misty *Misty still rules thoug*. Basically, May and Manaphy bond together, and then a dude in a mechanical suit named Phantom tries to steal Manaphy from May.

The ending always makes me cry T_T

:may: forever!

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I agree on the music believe it or not my orchestra at my school once played it and it was awesome. I loved the violin part it was so fun to play!

No fair. I'm jealous.
    The only thing I ever got to play was Pirates of the Caribbean.. over.. and over.. and over...... It was sickening.

I would love to play Pokemon music!

Anywho.. back on topic. :P

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    Pokémon 2000: The Power of One. It has great animation, lucid, poignant, and confident music in tones, is epic by nature, allows fruition for great battles, had good characterizations and is moving in the support of the characters, and just feels like one solidified movie to me (in villainy it might be a tad inept but I think Lawrence III is less the villain, but rather an ephemeral hindrance... I chalk the villain up to the natural disasters impending along the horizon in this film). I intensely, intensely love Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Heroes, Destiny Deoxys, and the Mewtwo Returns special (if that counts), but Pokémon 2000 just has sheer awesomeness for me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Easily the first one, the worst one was with Manaphy. I wanted to kill that thing, it was annoying and it was too sappy for it's own good.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • I've only seen 2000 and the first movie. So I'm going with the first movie.. Wait.. The last time I saw 2000 was in 2001..This be confusing. O_o I need to watch more movies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Pokémon 2000: The Power of One. It has great animation, lucid, poignant, and confident music in tones, is epic by nature, allows fruition for great battles, had good characterizations and is moving in the support of the characters, and just feels like one solidified movie to me (in villainy it might be a tad inept but I think Lawrence III is less the villain, but rather an ephemeral hindrance... I chalk the villain up to the natural disasters impending along the horizon in this film). I intensely, intensely love Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Heroes, Destiny Deoxys, and the Mewtwo Returns special (if that counts), but Pokémon 2000 just has sheer awesomeness for me.

2000 was OK, But Destiny Deoxys was Craaaaeeiiip. Now give me 20 push-ups

Easily the first one, the worst one was with Manaphy. I wanted to kill that thing, it was annoying and it was too sappy for it's own good.

Manaphy is cute you cruel monster >:(.

I've only seen 2000 and the first movie. So I'm going with the first movie.. Wait.. The last time I saw 2000 was in 2001..This be confusing. O_o I need to watch more movies.

Once again, a failure from my favorite member... And the first movie wasn't that good.

Ever since the quote "Stupid Machine", I've never like the first generation. How are Machines stupid again?

Years
  • Defenitly pokemon 2000 the power of one because it is just awsome and lugia is one of the best pokemon ever and then equal with it is probably 3 Spell of the unknow because i just liked the story line and the face off between Charizard and Entei

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I would have to say, Jirachi: Wish Maker. Why? Awesome storyline and ending song, and....It's the first time I saw Flygon, the awesomenest Pokemon ever!!!! :D

But when I really think about it, I don't really like any Pokemon movie the best....they're all awesome!!!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • The Power of One has to be my favourite. I have seen it so many times and I love the song of Lugia. I think it also has the best story to it.

Back