• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What's your favorite starter?

What's your favorite starter?

• Total voters

falling up+
Years
  • Meh I started out like you. A pyro... FIRE all the time. Charmander this, Cyndaquil that.

Then I found Meganium and its awe inspiring pretty flowers. The hippie in me called out. It said: "Be really effeminate in your starter choice."

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I actually try to get all three to start, when I can, to be honest.
    But if not I start with Cyndaquil and raise myself a Bellossom or a Sunflora to appease my effeminate side.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Cyndaquil, he's awesome!

*Whitney sent out Miltank!*
    *Miltank used Rollout!*
    *Miltank used Rollout!*
    *Miltank used Rollout!*
    .....WHAT THE *****************!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    Of these options: Cyndaquil.

But all the generation two starters are 'meh' at best. That's the one thing I know I won't like about HG/SS.

Yukima

Mad Scientist
    Years
  • Cyndaquil!

I started out with Chikorita on my first Crystal playthrough, but then I soon discovered how awesome Cyndaquil could be. Its moveset, for one thing - with the ability to learn Thunderpunch and Earthquake once it evolves into Typhlosion, it's a Pokemon that could knock out a LOT of other types, including some of its weaknesses!

And yeah, I usually go with the fire types as my starters (Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken) at least until DPPt, when NONE of the starters appealed to me - I started with a Chimchar, but didn't like how it looked.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Totodile~ <3 My awesome little Toto who eventually then became a Feraligatr so it was nickname'd Cooly (I was six. hush. >: Though now I name it that for nostalgia.)

Cyndaquil and Chikorita then both come second. c: Can't really choose one over the other.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Totadile, it was my first starter pokemon that won me through pokemon soulsilver

~Gary~

PSN: xAzureZePhYr.
    Years
  • cyndaquil is so awesome and cute ^-^

but when it evolves it becomes an invincible beast-yeah! yeah! that's the one almost there yes it is typhlosion

DUH CYNDAQUIL WILL BE MY STARTER OF COURSE!

Hallylicious

アラン
    Years
  • Cyndaquil is my favourtie because he was the first pokemon i leveled to 100 in 2nd gen. But Totodile makes the game so much easier if you pick the right moveset. I recently retated ad decided to start with chikorita and i just beat the ice gym and i got bored of her :/

Back