• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What's your favorite starter?

What's your favorite starter?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    definitely Totodile. but i quite like Cyndaquil. but totodile just because of ice punch. (take that lance)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Where is the option for the candy wrapper?
    Cyndaquil because he sucked the least ass out of the Johto starters.
    Seriously, every other region gives you at least one good choice :/

Years
    From the TV show I loved Chikorita!

But for the game I usually pick Cindaquil

But for HeartGold, I chose Totodile so I can make Ho-oh or Entei my fire pokemon :)

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
    Cyndaquil because it's obviously the cutest, and he's a fire type, so you get cuteness and beasty-ness. Then Chikorita because it's the second cutest, but my little Cyndaquil could kill it in less then a minute. And I wouldn't even put Tododile up here, because he's... annoying, and he seems like he's always crakin' wise or just being immature, imo

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    Haha knew that fire would be the most popular, always seems to be.

I used to like Cyndaquil the most, but recently Chikorita has stolen this position.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2010
    for some reason chikorita is so lame till it learns earthquake and solarbeem

Decodedd

Number One Rookie !
    Years
    Cyndaquil would most definitely be my favorite starter for 2 reasons .

1 . SOOO CUTEEE !!!!

&

2 . That little guy evolves into a freaking tank, man !

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Cyndquil all the way! I don't really like Typhlosion that much, just Quilava :P

But out of all of them, definetly Squirtle. Why you may ask? BECAUSE ITS GOT FRIGGIN TURRETS ON ITS EVOLVED FORM!!! xD

Years
    I like em all but Totodile is awesome and feraligatr ftw i love them. Second fav is Chikorita I think theyre pretty awesomesauce. Never really liked cyndaquil that much. I don't know why but I usually never choose fire starters. Except Charmander

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Cyndaquil, hands down. Chikorita stinks battling pretty much every Gym, and I never liked Totodile, even though I like using the Water-type as my starter.

Not to mention, Typhlosion is my favorite Pokemon from Johto.

Back