• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite thing about the holidays?

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
  • During Summer Holidays, I usually go to another country.
    During Winter Holidays, I usually stay home, and celebrate Christmas.

Other Holidays include during Autumn, Carnival, and Easter.
    After that, my Holiday days are completely spent.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I don't celebrate any of these holidays, so I can't really say stuff like presents, etc, since I've never experienced them. What I do like, though, is how the entire city gets into the holiday spirit. The perks of living in New York City, I guess. That holiday feel just exists in the air, and it feels heartwarming, despite the usually frigid temperatures. :3

Years
  • I love the freedom. It's not like Thanksgiving break where I still have homework to do, but now I can willingly do nothing and suffer no (real) consequences from it. :P And I plan on playing a lot of Pokemon since I haven't really touched my game in almost a week and I won't again until my finals are done.

Although I quite dislike being forced to go to family social gatherings.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I really enjoy watching my son get super excited about them and how he reacts to everything. That's my favorite thing about holidays these days. :) nothing beats it, imo.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • I only celebrate Christmas because my family does it solely out of tradition at this point, but my favourite thing is definitely the change in general atmosphere. I've been taking the longer way home from work now because I drive through a city's downtown where they have it beautifully decorated, and all lit up at night.

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • Days off work
    Christmas/New Years Parties (I do love a good drink)
    Seeing my partner's face when they open their surprise presents always makes me smile
    Snow
    Wearing my nice coats and boots which I can never wear any other season

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
  • Decorating the house for the holidays (I love our pretty white Christmas tree the most, I think~), waking up to see it snowing (so long as it's not like, a foot of it or something), and Christmas carols.

...Although if I hear Fairytale of New York one more time, I think it'll end up stuck in my head again this year. XD

Years
  • wrapping ball fights
    that funny bashing over Thanksgiving (US vs Canadian)
    having the cat "laser pointer crash" into the holiday tree (hardwood living room)
    buying for those charities (Adopt-a-Teen, Santa Anonymous)
    watching the homeless slip on the ice (they need help slipping sometimes)
    pulling car parts from snow bank to sell (scrap yard, internet; made almost 5k last year)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2013
    Everything!
    Decorating
    Cooking
    Baking
    Shopping
    Chillin with family an friends
    Sleeping

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • The very best thing about holidays is that there's no school so I can be lazy all day :D

Back