• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite Video game?

Yukari

You can tell I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel now. :p But screw it, This thread easily includes everyone who has played a video game. So, what's your favorite Video Game?

For me it's either Ultima 7 or Castlevania: SOTN. I could go on about why, but I'm posting this from a Wii and want to get it over with. >_<

VividSpaceRain

Living on the moon.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    One of my favorite games of all time is Tombi I mean what's not to like about a pink haired boy trying to save the world form evil pigs?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • KotOR 2. It's the kind of game that left me thinking about it for days, then weeks, then months, then years.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I've honestly never felt like one specific game has been my favourite over all others. I'd imagine it'd be a game that I could always go back to and hardly ever really be bored with, but I have a few games like that, and I honestly don't really consider them my favourites. Right now I'm honestly thinking The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. While I may only have beaten it once, and while I may not play it all that often, it's one of the games that I've enjoyed the most out of all the Zelda games, and I feel like they were really creative with it. So the reason I feel like it's my favourite is not exactly because I enjoyed the gameplay more than others, but also because of the design of it, and honestly the entire atmosphere of it. It's my favourite Zelda game, and Zelda is my favourite game series, so I'm just thinking that logically, it should be my favourite game. But I honestly don't have one that just springs to mind when you ask favourite game, so it's kinda just my go-to favourite :p

Years
  • impossible to decide between all games. i can decide between a certain series of games tho

Sonic 3 & Knuckles of the Sega Genesis Sonic games
    Megaman Zero 3 out of the Megaman Zero series
    Megaman X5 out of Megaman X series
    Megaman 2 out of the classic Megaman series
    Megaman Battle Network 6 out of the Battle Network series
    Sonic Adventure 2 out of 3D games (i haven't played them all tho)
    Sonic Advance 3 out of Sonic Advance series
    Digimon World DS out of the DS Digimon games (the quest system won it pretty much)
    PMD Explorers of Sky from the PMD games
    C&C Tiberium Dawn out of the RTS games i played
    League of Legends out of the MOBAs

forgot what other games i actually play

TY

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2, without a shadow of a doubt. Great game alone, expansion pack was okay but the mods... THE MODS... There are some outstanding mods avalible for it and that is what makes the game as good as it is imo and also making it my favorite video game of all time.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
  • Wow... this is a very broad question. Right now, it's probably Ghost Trick for DS. Incredible game. It's more for the amazing story though. Everyone, try it.

But that's just at the moment. Overall, though, it's probably something classic retro (Kirby, Mario, or legend of Zelda) or Banjo-tooie.
    I like the older stuff, and banjo-tooie makes me laugh as well.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • What's your favorite Video game?

These three games are my holy trinity. I could write up as to why these three games are awesome, but that would essentially boil down to a twenty page essay for each game. But, I truly believe Xenoblade and Trails in the Sky SC are some of the greatest games I have ever played and they're games that people should try one day. Trails requires that you must have played it's prequel though (it also requires that it needs to come out to the rest of the world first, LOL). I consider Sol Trigger one of my favourites mainly due to bias. It's not a game that I would recommend to just anyone. Although, I'm seriously considering replacing Sol Trigger with Ao no Kiseki since I'm replaying the latter again :x

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
    Years
  • Jeez, I don't think I could ever pick a single game out of all the games I play as my favorite. I can't even say I have a favorite, there's just so many fun and awesome games out there, and with new ones coming out all the time my interests are always changing. As of right now? I'd have to say the Fallout series, if it wasn't obvious. I only got into them a few months ago and I am in LOVE. Fallout: New Vegas was the first one I played and I couldn't get enough, after completing the DLC I went and bought Fallout 3, and I'm enjoying that immensly as well. Haven't quite completed it yet, probably because I also went and started Fallout 1 played the crap out of that. Only games I've yet to touch are Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. I just can't express how much I'm enjoying this series, I only wish I had got into it sooner. Fantastic games, all of them.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Jeez, I don't think I could ever pick a single game out of all the games I play as my favorite. I can't even say I have a favorite, there's just so many fun and awesome games out there, and with new ones coming out all the time my interests are always changing. As of right now? I'd have to say the Fallout series, if it wasn't obvious. I only got into them a few months ago and I am in LOVE. Fallout: New Vegas was the first one I played and I couldn't get enough, after completing the DLC I went and bought Fallout 3, and I'm enjoying that immensly as well. Haven't quite completed it yet, probably because I also went and started Fallout 1 played the crap out of that. Only games I've yet to touch are Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. I just can't express how much I'm enjoying this series, I only wish I had got into it sooner. Fantastic games, all of them.

I'm currently playing new vegas after playing fallout 3. Fallout 3 for me was the game of the gen. I couldn't get into fallout 1 so i didn't bother playing it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    KotOR 2. It's the kind of game that left me thinking about it for days, then weeks, then months, then years.

Kotor 2
    Pokemon Sapphire
    Simpsons Hit & Run
    Fifa (if I had to pick a favourite it would be 02 or 03 probably)

There might be a game or two that I just can't remember enjoying as much as these, but these are defo in my favourites.

Sir Codin

there's a whole bunch of games I could list:

Legend of Zelda 64 games (both of them)
    Planescape Torment
    Baldur's Gate 2
    Every main Fallout game, especially 1 and New Vegas

In fact, I might dedicate my next blog entry to games that I think kick ass.

Yukari

there's a whole bunch of games I could list:

Legend of Zelda 64 games (both of them)
    Planescape Torment
    Baldur's Gate 2
    Every main Fallout game, especially 1 and New Vegas

In fact, I might dedicate my next blog entry to games that I think kick ass.

Baldur's Gate 2 eh? That's one of the games I really want to buy, but I either don't have the money to buy it or any method of buying it. :(

Sir Codin

Baldur's Gate 2 eh? That's one of the games I really want to buy, but I either don't have the money to buy it or any method of buying it. :(
    Job? Steam? GoG? Christ, man, you have no excuse.

Yukari

Job? Steam? GoG? Christ, man, you have no excuse.

Yeah, where I live I can't legally get a job at my age. I'd have to be 16, and I'm not. ;~; So I really don't get much money...

I also have no means of purchasing it online. ;~; If I did I'd have it by now...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There's no one game in particular that I'd call my absolute favorite, sadly. Though, I do have a lot of favorite series, with one of them being Legend of Zelda. From this, one game that stands out to me the most is Skyward Sword; its storyline is very heart-touching, and its art style is simply stunning. It might not be HD or look realistic, but it stills throws quite a heavy punch. Its missions weren't easy, nor were they too difficult; they were in-between. Alongside, another would be Ocarina of Time. I've personally played this one for about six times already, and have enjoyed each and every single one of its moments. One of my other favorite video game series would be Call of Duty; have been a fan of it since I was about fifteen or so, and still am one. Their games might not always be the best, but I do enjoy playing.

Years
  • uh, pokemon.

Favorite not pokemon games are Red Dead: Undead Nightmare, and the .hack series. I've only played the first 2 of them though, since they're near impossible to find. :P

Back