• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favourite/hated Evolution?

Sonata Of Chaos

Harnesser of Emeralds
Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2014
    As the title says, do you have an evolved pokemon you like in particular? And what about one that really hits your nerves? Mega Evolutions and baby-evolutions are counted in too.
    On my side, my favourite one is Gallade (blades!) and, as hated, Klinglang takes 1st place (even Magneton had more sense than that thing!)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    AMBIPOM. Aipom was this cute, funny pokémon and then Ambipom came along with an ugly face and udders for hands. I shudder. And my inner self cried a bit when Dawn let her Aipom evolve in the anime, haha. It's just one pokémon I've never learned to accept ;)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Lickilicky holds the title of worst retconned evolution in the series. Not only does it have a stupid stupid name and is really unnecessary because Lickitung can hold it's own fairly well, it doesn't even look like an evolved form. It looks less fierce and less capable of defending itself than Lickitung does.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I recently talked about this on a different thread, but I hate Delphox. Braixen is cool, but they could've done muchhh better in my opinion.

As for favorites, I have too many. The one that comes to mind right now is Gourgeist. Pumpkaboo was meh, but Gourgeist's design is really cool.

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    Probo ass

It's just stupid.

I personally like Lickilicky.

Pryze

Straight chillin
    Years
  • I've never been a big fan of Dusknoir; I mean, did Dusclops really need an evolution? Granted, I'm at a loss, as without Dusnkoir, Eviolite Dusclops wouldn't be a thing right now.

As for my favorite, that would no doubt be Scizor. I love the thought of a green Praying Mantis, evolving into a red, metallic version of itself--with a few physical changes, of course. It was cool, and onix-pected evolution.

Years
  • My favorite is Ninetales, because it evolves from my most favorite Pokemon, also that beauty, grace, cuteness!

My least favorite is Bronzong, because it looks even uglier than Bronzor and I hate both of them personally.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh right, this thread was about least fav AND fav. Hmm, I could say Scizor is a pretty awesome evolution. I like it somewhat more than I like Scyther. Also Weavile. Hah, all of the evos I bring up here seem to be retconned ones. But yeah, Sneasel might be my favorite pokémon and Weavile is even better on some days; kind of depends on my mood. I guess :B

I mean, this beauty, gosh

What's your favourite/hated Evolution?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One of my favorites is Dusknoir. Love how it looks, and it simply makes a great tank when battling; it takes hits, then hits back even harder. Another would be Scizor. Huge fan of its ninja-like design, and in terms of competitiveness, it could take down plenty of Pokémon with a few Bullet Punches. As for least favorite, it'd probably have to be Lickilicky.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Favorite evolution, hm. Hydreigon and Volcarona took a level in badass upon evolution. I really like how neat Steelix and Scizor became upon gaining their evolutions in a next gen. I always liked Mawile and Absol, but their Mega evolutions are just breathtaking.

Least favorite evolution would be Tangrowth, as it made an ugly detestable spaghetti-tangled Pokemon become uglier. Oh, and don't get me started on how it's my life mission to assassinate Mega Lati twins, for their appearance and existence are crimes.

Years
  • Jynx and it's baby-evolution are creepy...My favourite evolutions would be Pichu and Gardevoir because they're adorable and lovely, respectively :3

Years
  • I seriously can't pick just one to rule them all..

Gardevior is always neat, regular or Mega. Though I kind of like the regular one a bit better.

Mega Absol is kind of neat with it's Fallen Angel motif going for it.. (that is what they were going for right?)

I also like Probopass.. it's retarded, yes.. but it's silly looking. I kind of like that Pokemon it's all serious business sometimes.. but it becomes a bit of a slippery slope.. sometimes they tell bad jokes.

As for the ones I don't like..

Public enemy number 1 has got to be Ambipom.. that thing is so freaky looking in all of the wrong ways. Aipom already kind of gave me the gibblies, fyi.. so it's like making everything that I don't like 2x worse.

I'm also not a fan of Mega Heracross, because it made it look totally retarded. I really don't get that one at all.. how can you screw up Heracross?

Lickilicky is probably the last I can think of. It's just super dumb! And, mind you, Lickitung is also one of those guys I don't already like to begin with.. I just find it totally pointless in this case.

Years
  • My fave good-looking evolution is a tie between Greninja and Samurott, because they are badasses that evolve from something so adorable. Aegislash, Meowstic and Florges get the nod as well because I love their designs.

Least fave? Probably Garbodor and Avalugg. Most horrible-looking evos ever, which is kinda sad when you look at their pre-evos (Trubbish and Bergmite) being so cute.

And nope I don't think Ambipom is scary at all.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Most of the time, I prefer evolved Pokemon over their prevos. This isn't true with Lillipup, Pidove, and Trubbish; they're cute and all, but their evolutions are ugly and annoying in my opinion.

As far as Mega Evolutions go, those of Tyranitar, Scizor, Garchomp, and the Lati@s need to be erased from existance in my opinion. Also, Mega Blaziken and Mega Gengar need to be nerfed in the next generation, and additionally, we need a Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert.

Years
  • Hmm...my favourite would have to be Metagross, Mega Lucario, Mamoswine, Glaceon, Swalot, and Magnezone. They all have such cool designs, and I can't deny Swalots noodle moustache just...best thing ever.

I really dislike Klinklang, Aromatisse, Magmortar, Tangrowth, and Mega Manectric. I find there designs very unoriginal and kinda ugly, Mega Manectric is jsut hands down my msot disliked mega evolution as it's just a Manectric using a LOT of hair gel ._.

LxDarkrai

The Nightmare
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    My favorite evolution has to be Crobat. When I was playing through the old games and discovered it for the first time, I was completely in awe. Now it's on every team I build around speed, and always will be. And to be completely honest, not a fan of Mega-Evolutions. It tipped the cake when they tried to change a lot of the guys I grew up with, and not all of them even look OK. Honestly, Mega-Evos kinda ruined all of the classics, the Kanto Starters and Mewtwo mainly, for me.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • A lot of the baby 'mons and basically all the evos from gen 4. They just don't seem necessary. They could have just given their 'mons stat boosts instead, and I believe that that was more or less the only reason why a bunch of them were created; they saw guys like Magmar and Magneton getting eclipsed/ignored, and so they just kinda pulled some **** outta their asses to try and make them better contenders.

So while they are better competitively, I think a great many of them suffer something rather terrible design-wise.

Mismagius, Dusknoir, Weavile, and Mamoswine are alright. I also find Probopass funny, simply because he reminds me of Groucho Marx.

Gallade is cool too- just wish they retconned Gardevoir into female-only in light of that- but pokemon genders are an entirely different discussion.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Lickilicky and Tangrowth are two that make my least-favourite list. Both of them are just horrible design-wise, imo.

I absolutely hate Delphox, I loved Fennekin and thought that Braixen was alright but Delphox was just an absolute letdown.

Some of my favourite evolutions include Espeon, Meowstic, Serperior, and of course Ninetales.

Years
  • Rhyperior is definitely one I dislike. It might not be the worst pokémon ever, but it did ruin Rhydon who is still super awesome. I just think Rhyperior's design is really bad and he's barely stronger than Rhydon anyway.

My favourite might be Blaziken, Torchic and Combusken aren't exactly amazing, but Blaziken is one of the coolest pokémon designs out of all 700+ we have. Butterfree is another good candidate because it evolves from Metapod which is relatively boring.

Years
  • My least favourite evos have to be:

Tangrowth (just, no).

Delphox - I was really disappointed with Fennekin's evos in general. Before they were released, I loved Fennekin so much, and couldn't wait to see what awesome fire / psychic foxes would look like... And then Delphox was revealed. Something is just off about it.

Dragonite - I would love Dragonite a whole lot more if Dragonair didn't evolve into it. Dragonite is a great competitive Pokemon and I use it a lot. However, I love Dragonair's design so much more. I hate knowing that it wont be the best it can be until I evolve it. Dragonite is cute / goofy, but nowhere near as beautiful as Dragonair.

My favourite evos:

Gyarados - from a uselessly cute karp, to a bad ass water serpent dragon of awesomeness.

Ninetales - Just beautiful and powerful.

Back