• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your forte?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • And I don't mean the musical thing, whatever that may be.

Basically, what is your strongest suit for things to do?
    Mine's working with computers. I can write programs, reimage PCs, install components, clean up your operating system, and I'll even give you free software without saying anything because I value my American #freedom over anti-piracy laws no one cares about. I hope you've tried turning it off and on again before you call me for IT. If you do that and still have a problem, I'm your man. Family and friends free, strangers $50 + parts.

SiriusAlpha

One and only
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I am generally good at giving personal advice, I am awesome at recognizing different instruments in music and if I had the right software instead of the stuff I have right now I could probably become a good composer, I can draw people well (or so I've heard) I can come up with OCs and plots very easily, I'm an awesome swordfighter and I can run really fast.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • music, which lends itself to a GUT-BU$TING PUN! considering the name of this thread. but yeah, I have a good ear for it, I can pick up instruments quickly and play them well, there are songs in my head, etc. you feel me

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I would say most things maths related, and technical stuff. It's easy for me to pick up, and I just seem to have a raw talent for some topics.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Writing. The reason is because not only do I just write stories, but I have this ability to express myself with it. I can tell my doctor something or explain something better through writing than I can verbally or emotionally. I consider it as being my strong suit because of that alone.

I'm also very passionate about disabilities/mental health. Considering I have multiple disabilities/mental health issues myself, I am always open to learning more about them. I also consider myself to be a self-advocate as well. I fight for those with disabilitie/mental health issues and to make damn sure people understand certain things about us. I don't like it when someone acts ignorant or discriminates us. So, I can honestly say that disabilities and mental health is my strong suit as well.

Years
  • My forte? Writing, I guess; I have a lot of trouble verbally communicating, even with friends, but on paper I'm eloquent af. Also, piano and video games.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • I wouldn't say I'm that great at writing, but compared to the level of all my other skills it is the highest, so I guess it would be my forte. I've liked to write since I was seven years old and I haven't stopped since. My favorite kind of writing is creative writing, but I actually don't mind writing things like essays or reports if the subject matter is something I find interesting.

Oh, another thing I'm really good at is getting into weird situations, but that's another story. >.>

Years
  • My forte is working with computers, too! I'm not that kind of guy who breaks computer that easily :P

Sirfetch’d

Food! That and doing absolutely nothing except lazying around all day =) I'm very good at that!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Don't make me start questioning my life choices :(

I swear, if I even notice a single shred of any kind of talent in me during my 17 years of living, I won't be stuck in this major. Everything that people say I'm good at are self taught, only driven by interest, and even then I'm still beaten by a whole lot of people. Like, I picked up the keyboard, I picked up graphics and drawing, I picked up writing, and people say that I'm good at it, but I only did it because I was interested. But dude, if you even tried practicing then you can at least get on my level. It's not that hard oh god.

On the actual topic... idk, music? I mean, it's easy for me to pick up on the tempo of a song, and even the slightest false note (that no one even notices). This one time I ended up coaching a few of my friend when we were supposed to sing a bunch of notes, simply because I can listen to the slightest false note. And working out on chords and when they're supposed to be played.

Although the side effect is that I cringe at every false note I encounter so...

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • And I don't mean the musical thing, whatever that may be.
    Play louder, but don't tell the trumpets that. They'll drown out the whole band.

For me, it would just have to be creating in general. My interests like to swing between writing, drawing, and composing with writing being the major one. I could say writing is my forte, as I just dabble in the other two, but I feel like creating is what I'm really passionate about, so I can't just say one thing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    uhhh...i'd say languages are my forte? and i know everything there is to know about 80's music, haha. maybe i could be good at music composing but i have to explore it further. i occasionally compose songs in my dreams and they sound amazing. sadly i forget the songs after waking up.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm good at playing Pokemon and that's basically the extent of my abilities.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Given I can get my act together, I can be really persisting. If there's a problem that I want to solve, even if it takes forever, I'm going to get it solved.

Also, I don't need an alarm clock. If I have to get up at a certain time, there's a high chance that I'm going to wake up automatically at that time.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
  • I'm not an expert on really anything besides trivia knowledge of things I like, but out of all of my skills, I'm most acute in personal advice and drawing. :P

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • It pains me to say this, but I have no talent whatsoever, and nothing will convince me otherwise. Sure, I happen to be a "jack of certain trades," but I'm absolutely nowhere near being considered worthwhile in any of those trades. I've always hated myself for my own uselessness, but I've recently been making efforts to change. I still haven't decided on which major I want to pursue, but I might consider the technology field.

Back