• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your name?

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    It's Corbin, which kind of sucks having a job that requires talking on the phone because I'm always called Corey, Corky, and Collin. Then again, most everyone just shortened it to Corb so it sounds weird hearing the full Corbin.

And I can't think of anything to change it to.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
    It's rather uncomfortable for me to say it myself or by people who aren't my close friends, but the hint is it's the name of the Hoenn flying type gym leader. I mean, I don't mind sharing it, I just associate my real name with abuse. I don't care how pretty it sounds to people, I really hate my name and I strongly prefer being called Charlotte. Whether I want to change my name to Charlotte, I don't know, but I've used it for years and it's the name I like.

(Btw, if you absolutely must use my real name for whatever reason, it's gotta be something really serious or else "Winny" will do.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    My name is Zoe. The name became pretty popular when the Nickelodeon Show Zoey 101 came out. My mom though got on the Zoe bandwagon before that show came out though as I was born in 2003 and the show first aired in 2005. My name doesn't have the (y) on the end.

Years
    Zachary.

I prefer to be called Zach, though. Only family and close friends typically call me by my full first name, but that never usually happens so it's more often than not Zach. :P

It's a name I enjoy and probably would never change it, despite how common it is.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I go by Kory. My real name is feminine and stuff, and once I move out of New York, I'm gonna just go by this name irl, too. I don't know if I wanna reveal my birthname; sorry.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Angelo is my name. It's pronounced "Ang-he-lo". Mispronounce my name, and we can't be friends.

A few of my friends call me "Jibri", a reference to what Angel Gabriel is called in Islam, as my middle name is Gabriel (Gah-bri-el, not Gay-bri-el).

Last edited:

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
    Please see my PokeCommunity, Discord, Showdown! and Smogon usernames for further information.

Shamol

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
    Years
    My username is my real name. It's a Bangla word that roughly translates to lush or exuberant.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I also go by my middle name, Chase! I was never a huge fan of my first name so I've always just gone by that haha.
    Aaa Chase is not actually Chase? o: or do you go by that name irl as well?

My name's Daniel. I'm quite fond of it I guess, I hate having it shortened though.
    i do it out of love, dannyboy.

Name's Víctor. I'm eternally grateful to anybody who actually bothers to spell it properly instead of calling me Victor :)

Lots of people call me Went, even IRL though, haha.
    Hi Went <3
    Jonathan.

I bet you didn't see that coming.
    I honestly thought it was just Johnny haha
    It's pronounced "Tay-uh"
    That is a cool name!

I go by Rika online, which is a short version of my full name (which sounds rather ugly in English accent). I like it and won't change it (:

Back