• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your real name?

Adrasteia

[font=Comic Sans][/font]
Years
  • Jasmine but mainly Jaz, compared to username real names seem so dull and unimaginative -_-' I wish my parents were a little more creative, I knew 3 other Jasmine's at school.
    Though maybe someone here can explain, I was watching an American show and there was a stripper called 'Jasmine' in it, the comment about her name was 'of course she's a stripper, her names Jasmine'..... Is this a common thought in America?

My name is Robert and only Robert. To specify I am Robert, my dad is Rob, his dad is Bob, and my best friend is Robbie. Therefore if I am referred to by anything other than Robert I simply won't know you're talking to me.

That's a brilliant way to manage the passed on name problem, my granddad name was Mick, my uncles name is Mick his son is little Mick and his son is now little little Mick -_-' the family is starting to get confused.
    I argued for Mick the forth but that nobody thought that was as cool as I did

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Geoffrey, but I tend to use Geoff.
    I hated it growing up, but I've grown to like it. It just looks more dignified and unique than the more common spelling (Jeffrey/Jeffery). It does make me subject to lots of misspellings and being called the wrong name though - Gregory, Jeremy, etc.

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
  • That's a brilliant way to manage the passed on name problem, my granddad name was Mick, my uncles name is Mick his son is little Mick and his son is now little little Mick -_-' the family is starting to get confused.
    I argued for Mick the forth but that nobody thought that was as cool as I did

I think it's pretty good too. I'm lucky I got a heavily nicknamable name.

Speaking of nicknames how did Dick become a nickname for Richard?

Adrasteia

[font=Comic Sans][/font]
    Years
  • Speaking of nicknames how did Dick become a nickname for Richard?

How Dick became a nickname for Richard is known and is one of those "knee bone connected to the thigh bone" type progressions, somewhat similar to how the word 'soccer' came about. Due to people having to write everything by hand, shortened versions of Richard were common, such as 'Ric' or 'Rich'. This in turn gave rise to nicknames like 'Richie', 'Rick', and 'Ricket', among others. People also used to like to use rhyming names; thus, someone who was nicknamed Rich might further be nicknamed Hitch. Thus, Richard -> Ric -> Rick gave rise to nicknames like Dick and Hick around the early 13th century.
    Just really unlucky I guess

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Real name's Amanda. My close friends call me Manda and my mother calls me Man (when she's not in a bad mood), but almost everyone else just calls me Amanda. I'd prefer if you don't call me Mandy though, but if you insist, go ahead.

Years
  • My name is Tyler. In high school everyone called me Ty, but now in college I have been nicknamed "hip-hop" and I have no idea why. I'm alright with it though

tonbo

~(˘▾˘~)
    Years
  • my real name is darcy. i don't really have any nicknames, apart from 'darc' (pronounced 'darse'). no one calls me that though, apart from my dad, and one creepy math teacher i had ovo

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
  • i am not going to tell but it is a name of a bird
    thats all you getting out of me haha​

The only thing I can think of is Robin. Unless you're rather unfortunate and your name is like...Swallow...or Pigeon...or Blue-footed Booby.. Actually, that last one's kinda cool. I'm claiming that one for my first born child.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    i am not going to tell but it is a name of a bird
    thats all you getting out of me haha​
    Can we try to guess?

Actually I was gonna guess Robin like the above poster

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • Can we try to guess?

Actually I was gonna guess Robin like the above poster

The only thing I can think of is Robin. Unless you're rather unfortunate and your name is like...Swallow...or Pigeon...or Blue-footed Booby.. Actually, that last one's kinda cool. I'm claiming that one for my first born child.
    no use but cute you guys wanted to guess haha
    as it is a particular name only used in my country/language ♥
    although i could let you guess to the english translation haha but doubt you going to guess the right one

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • My name is Angelo!

My username first username was originally "RazoREdge" combining razor leaf and double-edge together. Don't ask why the last letter isn't capitalised.

My current username is also an amalgamation of two names. Can you guess what are they? XP

Back