• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your team now?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • I literally made a thread like this a while back. Here is what I said, with some slight spoilers:

As for me:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I haven't given it any thought at all so far.
    Other than it being all new mons, and probably picking the kitty as my starter.
    I usually just add stuff on the fly for a first playthrough.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Games releases tomorrow here. My likely team:

Spoiler:

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • friend ended up pre-ordering Violet so now we're going to get Scarlet for trades, but

Spoiler:

Years
  • Currently for me:

Spoiler:

Spewpa will be sitting here until it evolves to Vivillon, then off to the box it goes. \o/

Years
  • I still didn't get the game, but I have my teams for both Scarlet and Violet planned a little bit.

I'll start with Violet:
    Spoiler:

Scarlet:
    Spoiler:

I was surprised by the lack of Bug-types that would catch my interest. Usually, I do use early Bug-type, but this time, the selection is rather weak.

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    only thing i can say right now is shoutout to u/Dusk_Lycanroc over at the Sylveon subreddit for making a tutorial on how to get it before the first gym lmfao

Years
  • I just got the game a few hours ago so I'm still at the start, just got to Terastalize for the first time and now I'll finally go and visit the school/academy for the first time.

My team at the moment is Popeye the Quaxly, Jabba the Paldean Wooper, Lizzo the Lechonk and Goldblum the Spewpa. Only Popeye has the secure spot on my final team and the other 3 will most likely be replaced by something better later down the line.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I got the game at midnight release, but in total I've played the game just for a few hours. Currently my team includes:

Sprigatito
    Lechonk
    Fletchling
    Ralts
    Shroodle
    Pawmi

I want to use as many different Pokémon as possible and then retire them when they evolve. That way, I can slowly work on my Pokedex.

Years
  • I don't have Scarlet & Violet yet but do plan on getting them quite soon but these are the teams I will use for both games

Scarlet

Quaquaval
    Kilowattrel
    Pawmot
    Scovillain
    Faririgraf
    Baxcalibur

Violet

Skeledirge
    Kilowattrel
    Palafin
    Espathra
    Cetitan
    Daschbun

Last edited:

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Can anyone point me in the direction of wild Wattrels please? It's my favourite Gen 9 Pokémon and I want it to be my main, but I've been halfway round the map today and I cannot find any! :(

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I like too many of the new pokemon. I'm going to/am doing a team of 12 in each game:

Scarlet
    Spoiler:

Violet
    Spoiler:

There's honestly still about half a dozen pokemon or so I still want to use, but they're going to have to wait for a third playthrough.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • My team is still going to include my usual favorites. I am still going to have Gardevoir, Gengar, and Haxorus as usual. I definitely have to plan the rest of my team though for sure. I might spend most of Monday planning my team instead of tonight. I had a long night tonight!

Years
  • I think it will change going ahead, but for now:

- Quaxwell
    - Pawmo
    - Masquerain
    - Kirlia
    - Clodsire
    - Gimmighoul

I don't know anything about their evolutions, so everything is just a discovery. I will be honest and say that it's not really an exceptional team, but it kinda works too.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I struggled really hard with not nabbing all of my favorites from prior generations right off the bat. Every time I've run across a lake of Dratini or a cave of Gible and Larvitar it's been a test of will.

- Meowscarada
    - Dudunsparce
    - Annihilape
    - Lokix
    - Garganacl
    - Kilowattrel

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am making very slow progress because I keep getting side tracked by items and honestly not really training very much because the trainers are spread so far out.

I arrived at the 3rd Gym and I've defeated 1 Titan. Struggling a lot with Star Base (Fire) because I can't find a decent water type I like. Not to mention I was under leveled because I wasn't going out of my way to find trainers.

Right now my team is:
    Crocalor
    Skiddo
    Dolliv
    Wattrel
    Naclstack
    Pawniard

Originally I wasn't going to use Dolliv, but its final evo is actually really powerful and becoming a favorite. But my love for Skiddo will probably overcome it eventually. I might give Skiddo a break later. I also wasn't going to use Naclstack, but honestly I really need it atm because of Team Star fire. No doubt this will drastically change in the coming time, especially when I get into the Ice area.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I finished the game with:

Skeledirge
    Tinkaton
    Garchomp
    Gardevoir
    Drednaw
    Gogoat

I don't tend to plan teams out in advance, rather I just figure it out as I go through the game

Years
  • Currently I have:

- Meowscarada
    - Grafaiai
    - Armarouge
    - Tinkatuff
    - Pawmot

Still thinking on what to have the sixth team member be, it's tough. Had Farigiraf but then Charcadet evolved which was already psychic so I had to box it.

Back