• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen When are YOU getting Pokemon X&Y?

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
Years
  • So its almost the launch for the highly anticipated game of the year, Pokemon X & Y. Now some people are wanting to get it at midnight if they pre-ordered it and most places wont be doing that. Some are getting it off the e-Shop so they can play it at midnight or as soon as it is available for digital purchase.

My questions are; When and how do you plan to get your copy? Also which version will you be getting?

Please have your 3DS Friend Code in your signature so we can battle, trade, etc :)

I'll be getting my copy as early as 10am EST on October 12 and I will have the physical copy along with the strategy guide :) I will be getting Pokemon X. My sister will have X, my gf and brother will have Y.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Definitely the day it is released. When both my sister and I are both awake we'll both hop into the van and drive down to the gamestop where we both have a game preordered and get it then. Which probably means I won't be getting it until after noon because of how my sister sleeps in but meh. As long as I get my copy!

Years
  • I'll wait exactly 12 AM
    to get it
    they will sell it on e-shop at exactly 12 Am right?

plus nice family and girlfriend :O they play pokemon

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm apparently off on Saturdays after today so hopefully I can go to work early and get it day one since I have to get both X and Y for my brother and myself.

Years
  • I'll be getting it two days early on October 10th due to my connections with my retailer! I cannot wait!!! :D A week and 5 days for me!

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Everyone wants to have it on the day, however, I'm gonna take the slower approach and see what the reviews say before buying. At the moment I have to buy the 3DS with it which at the moment adds up to about $190. Still excited about the rest of the new Pokemon though!

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    The very second it's available on eShop (12am!) I will probably pull an all-nighter once I get it lol.
    Will be buying Pokemon Y. My friend code is 0146-9608-9241. Anyone feel free to add me :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Release date hopefully, Amazon has a guaranteed release date delivery in the UK but GAME is more shakey with when their copies arrive. (I got ACNL a day early from them)

I am getting both X&Y, since my brother decided last minute that he doesn't want to play Pokémon anymore. I'll be picking up the guidebook a few days later from my local GAME shop.

I am hoping for one of my copies to arrive early as I am out for most of the 12th with my Aunt, though my parents will sign for my copies then.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'll be getting it on the 14th October because I can't get to my nearest GameStop until Monday.

I'm thinking of calling GameStop at the start of the week and chancing my luck asking them if they'd give it to me on the 11th (I can go to GameStop then) since games almost always release on Fridays here. It's worth a shot at least.

Only worry with that is they could say yes on the phone and somebody else could say no when I got there.....

Saturday is a weird day for a release...and totally awkward for me.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • The release day. I actually arranged my dentist appointment that day...Because the mall is close to the clinic. I pre-ordered X.

The game store says they'll have a midnight sale, but I don't know if it's going to happen where I live.

Years
  • I preordered Pokémon Y at Target, and hopefully I'll be able to pick it up on the 12th. If I can't get it on the 12th, then maybe sometime early the next week.

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
    Years
  • I'll be getting it on the 14th October because I can't get to my nearest GameStop until Monday.

I'm thinking of calling GameStop at the start of the week and chancing my luck asking them if they'd give it to me on the 11th (I can go to GameStop then) since games almost always release on Fridays here. It's worth a shot at least.

Only worry with that is they could say yes on the phone and somebody else could say no when I got there.....

Saturday is a weird day for a release...and totally awkward for me.

I work at GameStop and I can already tell you that you cannot get the game earlier than its street date. If for some reason a manager or employee sells a game before the street date the computer will track the transaction and he/she who sold it will lose their job.

What you can do is pre-order it (if you haven't already) and have someone else pick it up for you. The way this process works is you and that other person has to go into the GameStop you reserved it at and ask the GameStop associate if they could put the other persons name on your reserve in the Notes section. Then that person will have to show their I.D. and pay for it (if not already paid in full) to pick up your game. This Notes process cannot be done over the phone, it has to be in person.

If you feel this is to much of a hassle, you can pick up your copy when you're able to get to GameStop. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will do my best to answer them :)

Back