• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen When are YOU getting Pokemon X&Y?

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I'm praying that I'll actually get it the day before it's supposed to be released, on the Friday. GAME are absolutely fantastic when it comes to preorders: they dispatch two days before release, and half the time it arrives the next working day.

However, I have a copy of X preordered at the closest store, which I'll go pick up at around 9am (or whenever the store opens...if it opens for midnight, I'll try and get a lift in, because the last train is at around half eleven, and I don't fancy busting my wallet on a cab or staying in town until 7am) if it doesn't arrive in the post...with Royal Mail being what it is right now, I'm leaving nothing to chance.

I have both X and Y preordered online - I won't be playing both at once; my mum will play Y - and a copy of X at the local store, so I'm covered for a guaranteed launch copy. Haven't been this excited about a Pokemon game since HG/SS!

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013
    I preordered X when I got Shiny Palkia event.
    I'm thinking of picking it up around 12-Noon if I'm home (going camping 11-12 unfortuneately).

I'm also going to local supermarket (sorta like Wal-Mart) to get Y, since I have a $50 gift card there from Christmas.

Of course.... I'm off on the 14th, so I may just waste my life that day and play both games until my eyes fall out... whatever.

#awesome

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • On release day. Either my copy arrives on time, I go buy one at a local store, or I download it...either way I'm getting it on the 12th (if not the 11th).

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    Probably a day one buy, BUT I am hoping the full dex gets revealed before then... I need to plan my team!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'll probably just wait until the Monday after then. It won't be that hard to wait....I want to see every new pokemon and nothing else so I can think of a team. So I'll probably say goodbye to forums and lurk around the new pokemon page on serebii. (Or bulbapedia)

I assume the main page of serebii won't have major spoilers?

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Not sure yet, to be honest. The Torchic event does not end until my winter break starts; I don't want to get too distracted during school, so I might wait until then.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • As soon as it touches base in Singapore, I'm going to stalk the shops until they have stocks.

Also left my phone number just in case it arrives earlier!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm gonna go pick up this baby right after I'm done work on that hopefully not dreadful and utterly painful Saturday morning.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have Pokémon Y pre-ordered on GameStop. Since GameStop has a tendency to deliver games as soon as they're released, I may be getting it on the release day. If they run out of stock, somehow, and I can't get this game on the release, then it'll definitely arrive at my house the next day. As soon as I manage to get my hands on it, I will put the cartridge into my 3DS and spend the entire day by playing this game. (: I'm planning to get myself Pokémon X as well, but I'm not exactly sure when. Maybe two - three months after I'm done with Pokémon Y.

Sirfetch’d

I am getting this game the day it is released. I have looked forward to this for months and there is no way that I am going to wait one more day than necessary.

jlw1717

I'm Back!!
    Years
  • Im preordering both & getting them on midnight release, & my friend code is 0619 3614 8851, so feel free to add me anyone & pm your friend code if you do

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • On release day, I'll get onboard the Light Rail and head into Downtown Seattle, there is a GameStop near the downtown mall.

I had pre ordered both games almost three weeks after GameStop had the games available for pre-orders.

I'm also thinking of buying a third copy of the game (doesn't matter which one) so I can play one in Spanish, one in English, and one in Japanese.

Back