• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did you become interested in animé?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasoragon

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • I started watching Pokemon and Digimon when I was in third grade, though I didn't really consider it anime at the time. I got into pokemon when I was in 5th grade, but the games only.

When I finally "Officially" got interested in Anime/Manga is when my friend sent me a link to OneManga. After that I read manga there almost every day xD
    I don't read manga too much anymore, though, since I enjoy drawing on photoshop instead.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    When one of my friends had told me about I started looking into it, I didn't like it at first, but I slowly became attached to it.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • Forgot what age I started liking anime but I think it's when I started watching Elfen Lied and Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon too.

Silmeria

Years
  • The exact time is very hard to pinpoint...I wasn't aware that what I was watching was actually anime until I was about fourteen and in Secondary School, where my art teacher showed us Ghost in the Shell. That was what really kicked my interest off, but I was watching anime long before then...I used to get up at about 6am just so I could watch Sailor Moon when I was maybe seven or eight. And, of course, after Pokemon aired and became so successful, there was a wave of anime on TV...Cardcaptors, Digimon, Monster Rancher...I watched them all religiously. xD

MurasakiYugata

Friend of Caterpie
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    When I was little, there was a fair amount of anime shown on TV, but I didn't become a fan until I discovered Sailor Moon around age 12 or so. After that I started to branch out with shows like Record of Lodoss War and Tenchi Universe.

Dr. Montague

FOnewm
    Years
  • I think I started actually caring when Pokemon, Yugioh, and Dragonball Z were all the rage a long time ago, around when I was 8 or 9. Now I'm watching/reading stuff like One Piece, Durarara, and Fullmetal Alchemist (Before it ended).

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • I did enjoy the DBZ series alot. at that time I was easily amused. after that I only saw Pokémon. I once entered an Naruto roleplaying chatroom out of curiousity when I was looking for somewhere to roleplay. From there I heard alot about the anime and that made me curious to watch. I was indeed hooked to it until I couldn't find anymore episodes. There it stopped for a while.

After that I've been looking for something intresting since I was bored. I once tried PPG Z. Which I also liked but there were very few episodes available since I lived somewhere where the video sharing program forbid me to watch.

After that I was watching one piece, but soon enough I couldn't find anymore episodes I stopped again. Then I started searching on google instead of youtube. Since I was curious what would happen next. And soon I found Animecrazy, from there I now watched a few more animes and One piece is still going on. I did stop on naruto and I wasn't very eager to start it up again though. So I gave up on that ninja.

ShinyPikachu777

Best Wishes
    Years
  • I started getting interested after I watched Pokemon's first episode. I never really knew about all the shows, or about tv in general at the time because I was so young. (Around 2 or 3 if I can remember...)

I watched Gundam, which gave me nightmares, One Piece and DBZ. Later on, I began watching Digimon and got hooked on Digimon, on top of my Pokemon fanboyism. It lasted for about a year, but I stopped watching both shows for a while. Then came my high school year, and I joined an Anime Club. The first anime I watched there was Soul Eater, and I followed it til the end. Then we started watching various other animes like Black Rock Shooter, Pandora Hearts, Fate/Stay Night, etc. etc.

Then came Hetalia. I jumped on the bandwagon immediately, and despite what people say (i.e. South Korea's complaints on one of the show's characters), I still find Hetalia funny, and fun to watch.

sirindair

Not Here
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2011
    Basically I got started with Pokemon. Then moved to Yugioh. Then things just started spiraling outwares from there.

Years
  • I started with watching Pokemon an Digimon when I was young. After a whiile I started watching Dragon ball Z . Even though I didn't understand it (Didn't knew English yet=p) I still really loved it and sometimes I had my mother translate it a bit.>=3 After I saw Naruto in some game I started watching everything in japanese and even more Anime's like death note=D

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Somewhere around the English release of the 20th episode of Bleach. It really got me hooked. (I guess I shouldn't hate on Bleach so much now, since I wouldn't even be watching anime without it. lol)

Raiskit

[ e v i l l i g h t ]
    Years
  • When I was like..... three or four (before I was six), I would always watch Sailor Moon with my family, and I became so in love with it~ After that, I started to watch Inuyasha and on it goes....

Usul

Cease my heart beat's weave.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    When I saw one episode of "Bible Black", I fell in love within 3 seconds.
    ....Wait, that's Hentai.
    Well, It all started with Yu-Gi-Oh, after that, it slowly crap my body and routine me in the addiction.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back