• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen When did you first start your journey?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    15th September 2011. Just got SoulSilver.

Hadn't played any version for years until recently but I've got a good hold of things.

Years
  • I started in mid-Oct 2010, defeated Elite 4 the same month, and finished the powered up E4 in early December. Red was beaten in January. My reign at Gen 4 ended in June 2011, as i transferred all my Pokemon to Gen V

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I started within a week of the game's release because I pretty much got it almost right away. Recently just restarted HG though, the other month.

Juzey

I love Shaymin!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2012
    Started it the day it came out in the UK, whenever that was.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    I started about two weeks ago after dusting SoulSilver off the shelf to play again.

Years
  • I started my HeartGold on August 11, 2011. I got the game only a few days before that, but I played through a bit of the old file that was on it (bought it used) before I started my own.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    I started my HeartGold on July 1, 2011.It was the day I finally bought HeartGold

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    April 3, 2010, it was such a great experience! :'3 .. And still playing it!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The day it first came out in Australia, like March 25th or something.

Same as this guy! (didn't read any futher lool)

But yeah it was a pretty exciting experience when first playing, since I was all like "omg nostalgia!!!" and it was at night too, 'cause I had uni earlier that day :(

Swimmer Ryan

Training Water Types Since '99
    Years
  • March 26th 2011 the day it came out. I had been waiting for ages. It was on my calandar since January and it was nerdily one of the happiest days I ever had. It lived up to everything.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    When it came out in the US. It was the first game I had ever preordered, because Silver was my favorite Pokemon game ever, and I had been waiting for the remakes for a long time. So when the game came out I went and picked up my copy along with my siblings, and then iirc we all got home and started playing our versions. I didn't get my Lugia figurine because they ran out, but that was alright because I had the game in my hands and I couldn't care less, haha.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I started last Nov 3 on HG, defeated the E4 on november 15 I guess. currently saved on Route 29. :) pretty busy to continue yet.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I can't remember the exact date that I started by SoulSilver journey, but I definitely came on PC for nostalgic purposes on April 10, 2010 (as Lightning sent me a Visitor Message, which I promptly ignored!) so it can't have been too far away from that date. That seems like such a loooooong time ago!

Back