• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did you get into pokemon? an how old where you?

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    1998 when i first saw the anime I was about 7 then cause I remember getting Pokemon Blue on GBC for christmas the year after lol.
    Bye for now.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    1999, I think that's when it came to the UK. So I must have been 8/9. I got into it through the anime, I was hooked by the SS Anne episode.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I got into Pokemon during about 3rd grade. Now I'm a senior.

That's...9 years. Sad.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Around 1997 or 8, when the anime was having its first run here in the States. I was nine or ten at the time, definitely in fourth grade.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    i honestly can't remember how but i stumbled upon the anime adn loved it... I wuz then asking for the games and everything I wuz like 6 I think...

Years
    I think I was around 12 when Pokemon first came out here. I remember watching the anime when it first started to air here, and getting into Pokemon Red shortly after. So, around 12-13 for me.

gotron228

^_^
    Years
    well ever since I was 1 my mother says that when she accidently bought the japanese series on ebay I loved it and they and no subs plus they talked japanese

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The year was 1997, and I had received one of those promotional videos in the mail talking about the anime series and the games. I was eleven when it came out, because I remembered having my twelfth birthday cake covered in Pokemon decorations. (My mom made it.)

That's when I actually became a fan, but I knew about Pokemon since the Porygon fiasco.

Kitoshi

Introverted Procrastinator
    Years
    1996 - Nintendo Releases first VHS promotional of Pokémon
    Age 05

Haha, I fell right within their target audience.
    Nintendo sent out other promotional video like Star Fox 64 & Banjo-Kazooie; but Pokémon had that appeal to it, and then eleven years (and about six months) later I ended up here.
    Promotional VHS is brainwashing material, it screwed up my psychology.

Last edited:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    1998 or 1999 I think. I had recently started kindergarten or first grade, can't remember which, at school and everybody was into it, so I eventually go into it.

I was.... 5 maybe? I'm really not sure.

Years
    It was '99/'00 when it came out here in Europe.
    My friend showed me one day Pokemon Red on his GBC and it didn't take long till I fell in love with it. But I don't know if I saw the TV show before or if the game was the first time I "met" it.
    Anyway, I'm sure I was 6 when I got to know it.

Back