• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen When did you get your second Pokemon you actually kept?(B&W)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureKeeper

Pansear, which I quickly changed to Victini.
    Mah current team is in my signature (16/4/2011), but I did not list my HM Slave Carrier nor Celebi which I am taking for the elite four. =3

Years
  • It was Pansear. I evolved into Simisear and kept it in my team until I got Vanillite :3
    So technically, Vanillite was the second Pokemon I got that I actually KEPT.

-totodile42

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Mine was probably pidove or blitzle, but I can't remember which was first. I just remember they were in the same route (route 3 I think).

But they both became HM slaves after the Elite Four. Zebstrika gets used for flash and for thunder waving potential captures, and unfezant gets used for fly. Same with samurott which now has surf, waterfall, dive and strength. Mienshao got dumped for another of the same species with better nature and IVs. But I'm going off-topic now so I'll leave it there.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • It would have to be my Zebstrika. I didn't keep my Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin, or Pidove. But once I caught a Blitzle I kept it :3

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
  • I got my Roggenrolla (nicknamed Dangoro, because it sounds really cool) in the very first cave in the game. Caught it with my only premier ball at the time, and now he's a Gigalith and has been on my team since. I think he was the 6 or 7th Pokemon I caught total in the game.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I just keep any Pokemon I happen to catch until I think it's necessary to kick them out. I'm not sure what my first team was, though. :[

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • I just keep any Pokemon I happen to catch until I think it's necessary to kick them out. I'm not sure what my first team was, though. :[

The Psychic in the Pokemon Center of Lacunosa Town has all your previous teams recorded when you obtained each badge. Why not dig up some lost memories with that? :)

That Pokemon would have to be Lillipup. Once it evolved to Stoutland, and the fact I got it some wide range of moves to kill types on, I knew it had to be kept. x3

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
  • Tbh, I kept Pidove until the end. By the Elite 4 I was using Samurott, Krookodile, Unfezant, Conkeldurr and Gigalith.
    So Route 3 is where I got my next Pokemon I kept.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • I got Pidove and Bliztle as soon as you could get them. I still use them today.
    Unfezant (male) Lv. 69
    Zebstrika (male) Lv. 63

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Haha, umm...well, Pansear got ditched for Victini, so...Sawk, wherever I caught him, was the first pokémon I kept! (And he's absolutely brilliant.)

However, on my next playthrough, it'll probably be in the Dreamyard, where I'll get my Pansage.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    The second Pokemon I kept was a Patrat from Route 1 but I never used him for anything other than a HM slave, now he sits in my PC box all day and night, forever alone. Although if you mean kept on your team up to now then it would be Blitzle.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I'll most likely keep my deino and tynamo that I got from trade this morning... I'll use unfezant and simipour until E4 and box them forever.

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
    Years
  • It was Tabunne of course. :3 Was my savior from route 2 onwards. Ehehe~ I can't stand using them for leveling grinding either, probably because of my Visto. ;w;
    In fact, Visto went all the way to the league with me, and then some. Really helped me out, with luck and some good attack power, I'll tell ya~

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2011
    It would probably have to be my Scraggy. I'm considering kicking Drillbur out the team once it evolves, since I prefer Golett :)

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Well, my first was lillipup, who I kept through the elite-4 before switching hime with zekrom, and I ditched my second pokemon pansage for a tropius, so the first one I actually kept would have to be my pidove or tympole.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • If I see a Poke I like, I catch it, keep it in my party for awhile until I find a better Poke that I like more, EG a higher leveled version or an evolved version with higher levels..Or some random Poke that looks cool, or a Poke that will help me on the next gym. The second Poke I kept was...Uhhh..The pre-evol of the pre evolved of Scolipede...*shrugs* my monkey I kept around for the first gym, PCed it, got a few Grass and Grass/bug Pokes in that one forest thing, brought out my Monkey again to PWN Cheren, PCed it, wash, rinse, repeat. But yeah..Im not one of the lpayers thats all about Poke that own certain gyms..I pick Pokes that catch my fancy ;)

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • My second pokemon I kept on my first run through was Blitzle Until the elite four, he was the pokemon I left behind for my resh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back