• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did you start to like Pokemon?

enyce

banned
Years
  • Neosplash said:
    I started liking it when everyone strated getting the games.
    We would sit around and play pokemon on the gameboy with Link cables.
    I would Alway get the bad deals. People would trade me my Started for a caterpie of somthing (They did it, because they knew I would not do anything).

Thats getting punked big time

sdp

raver
    Years
  • first read about how it was a phenomenom in Japan, so as soon as the games were localized I bought it and fell in love with it, the rest like they say, is history.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I started like Pokemon a million years ago...When I was in 1st grade! And now I am in 8th grade...So yeah...About 9 years ago O_O;

Years
  • When I was at about 5, in 1998-1999-2000, when it was been broadcasted in Brazil. I was at my doctor in the Waiting Room and Pokémon was in TV, I liked and started been a big series' fan. Later in some monts, I earned a french Game Boy Color and a french Pokémon Yellow, and lated it was robbed, some time I lost interest, but I get back to Pokémon in 2002-2003-2004. Actually I got a Pokémon Ruby in Children's Day and before(some months) a Game Boy Advanced. Then in next Children's Day(2004) I got Pokémon Leaf Green and Sapphire and last christmas(2005) I got Pokémon Emerald.

Pokémaniac1

Team Galaxy Grunt
    Years
  • Actually, I think it was the summer of 1998 when I got a video in the mail from Toys 'R Us with weird little creatures on the box. I thought the fat one looked really stupid when I looked at the video (Snorlax heh). It was a weird introductory tape to Pokemon, before it became a phenomenon in the U.S.. Some bad actors were explaining what Pokemon were, what things were coming out in the near future, and they even claimed to know Ash and Misty (really corny stuff :laugh:).

A few months later, my dad went out and bought Blue Version for me, and the rest is history.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • I fell in love with pokemon the moment I saw one episode of it on tv.. it was on the episode where Ash and co got into lavendar town and met the playful ghost pokemon.. ^^

I was only ten back then, so I've been chasing the show for about 6 years now :P

[Fear_Itself]

I am your worst nightmare.
    Years
  • I remember back in 1998, I used to be totally obsessed with the card game.
    I watched the dub when it came out in the US, and followed that up until the Orange Islands.
    Then, I made up my mind: "Ah, the heck with it. I'll just play the cards."
    xDD
    I still have all of 'em too, even the ones I got back in 1998.
    That was.. Woah.. eight years ago. O.O
    My dad bought me the Blue version, bought my brother the Red version, and bought my two little sisters the Yellow version.
    After that, he bought me the Silver version and my brother the Gold version (We don't have Crystal.).
    I bought myself the rest of the games up until getting Emerald.
    -Waits for Diamond and Pearl-

x33​

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    I think it was in 1997-1998 where I started to like it. One of my classmates introduced a book to everyone, no one had heard of Pokemon before that and he told us about it. About a week later, EVERYONE was into it and collected the cards and everything. I ended up getting a gameboy pocket along with blue version. I ended up spending tons of money and time into watching/collecting/playing Pokemon stuff. I've got most of the versions and I have pretty much conquered them. I've barely ever had any competition with pokemon battles. Like on my Saphire version I faced a lot of different people. 32 wins 4 losses. I've always liked pokemon, but from start of High School it's been on and off that I've been concerned with playing it.

PikaRom

The Punk Nerd
    Years
  • I began to like it in grade 1, about '98, when the US craze was at it's beginning. I remember it's giant peak and now a teenager, I still love it! When I was visiting my great-grandma's house in Kentucky, The First Movie was showing in a theater nearby. I begged my dad to take me to see it, and so he did. It was great!

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I started liking it in the summer of 2001, when I went on my first out-of-country vacation...

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • You might not believe this but I actually saw the first english aired first episode of pokemon when everything began. I loved the show and watched it as often as possible. Then i got my first gameboy and first game. Three guesses what the game was. yup pokemon red. I've been absolutely hooked ever scince i got my first pokemon from prof. Oak. I liked the cards a little, but that interest did not last long at all. and here i am, still goin strong. I get a little bored from the games pereodically, but always come back, i have even been catching every single new episode to come out every week!^_^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I got a promotional video in the mail about Pokemon a few months before the show aired. It had a bunch of retarded live actors acting as Ash Ketchum's aunts and teachers talking about the games, the anime, the card game, and that pocket pikachu thing.

Back