• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] When do you think the next news for the games will be?

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    The first news happened on February 27, I loved the trailer so much that since at the time this is posted it is April, I have been wondering when you think the next set of news would be?

And for the next set of news, what kind of things do you want or expect to see?

Years
    • Seen today
    I think the next batch of news will be next month. Personally, I want to see some new Pokemon. Also, I kinda expect to see some since in the last 2 generations, they revealed some new Pokemon in May.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I just hope it's soon. We could use some more info right about now.

Years
  • I am hoping they'll annouced an cross-generational starter Pokemon from previous generation to be introduced in Gen 8, since only Gen cross-generational from Gen 6 was only introduced so far, Sylveon. I want to see more cross-generational than Eeveelution one!

(sorry for my poor English)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • May was and continues to be my bet for substantial informatin (the CoroCoro competition thing imo is pretty minor).

Years
  • fwiw, I don't bank on the early months for any kind of news whatsoever. during the SM news cycle, we didn't get any noteworthy trailer until about May, so I'm expecting it to be around the same timeframe here.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I too hope it's pretty soon. If they follow the same schedule as Su/Mo then we can say May is the soonest we can expect some more news. I'm hoping it's something pretty exciting.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • What I'm really waiting for is for Game Freak to announce the generational gimmick (hopefully none as I'd prefer them to just refine what is already there, but I'm pessimistical about it) and actual gameplay footage, but I don't expect to see either before E3.
    I think they'll likely drop a trailer in early May revealing the box legendaries, the evil team and/or the rival, and maybe one or two more new Pokémon (a cute generational mascot and/or an early route Pokémon).

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'm gonna assume the second week of May or whenever the next CoroCoro leaks. I didn't expect any news until May or June cause usually nothing new is announced until two or three months after the original announcement. Or that's how it was with S&M. I would be surprised if they don't announce anything new soon. I'm only really hoping for a new Pokemon like the early route bird or rodent or more info on the starters or the legendary mascots.

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • I would like new fossil pokemon reveal, like the cave bear or dawn horse, i sadly think we won't get another eeveelution(s) reveal till june

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Sometime in May. We usually get Pokemon news in that month, although the release of the Detective Pikachu movie may throw a wrench into this.

Years
  • I don't think that they would wait that long to reveal more information.

I do believe for that, but that is my prediction though. They still haven't annouced a new Pokemon at CoroCoro and i keep tracking to see if CoroCoro annouces them at Bulbapedia there, but still no new annoucement, which made me thinking that E3 would be annouced there instead. :(

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I'm gonna be oddly specific and say May 9th. That was around when we got the second Sun and Moon trailer, and it's one day before Detective Pikachu comes out.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    With the combination of Golden Week and the beginning of the Reiwa era during the first week of May, I think we'll have to wait until the second week at the earliest to get any news.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I do believe for that, but that is my prediction though. They still haven't annouced a new Pokemon at CoroCoro and i keep tracking to see if CoroCoro annouces them at Bulbapedia there, but still no new annoucement, which made me thinking that E3 would be annouced there instead. :(

CoroCoro is not the only source of news for the games. GF can put out a trailer without needing to rely on a Japan-exclusive children's magazine.

Years
  • I'd say we're not getting anything until E3, or close enough to it. If it's the standard reveals of a handful of new pokemon + moves and maybe new mechanics I would imagine it would just be independent through Gamefreak. But then again it has been long enough for enough people to be dying for some news. Either way, soon.

Back