• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When do you use Rare Candies?

Years
    I used to use rare candies as soon as I got them. I now save them for a Pokemon that is close to lvl 100.

TY

I use them if i'm too lazy to evolve someone or when a pokemon is lv99 i give it 1 rare candy instead of the normal way.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
    Mainly before the Elite 4/Champion. I actually remember using a Rare Candy on a lv.77 Magikarp I caught in SS. It was such a pain to level up.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Ah, I actually like to save them from time to time, honestly I don't really like using them too much. I only occasionally use them if I need to say, evolve a Pokémon quickly if I'm trying to fill up the Pokédex.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Usually give some to EV trained pokemon, but most often give them to happiness evolution Pokemon ^^

Years
    Only if I need to level up weak Pokemon quickly.

Otherwise I just use Lucky Egg and/or Exp. Share to level up my Pokemon (I did the Lucky Egg/Exp. Share trick in Black, like use my weak Pokemon in a Rotation Battle in Opelucid City but let my stronger Pokemon do all the battling).

blue

gucci
    Years
    I tend to save my Rare Candies untill I urgently need them in situations say when I reach the E4 and I have a stack of 5 I spread them out equally through my team, never all on one Pokémon, unless im doing a solo run!

LeafeonxxEeveexxEspeon

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    I only ever use them to level up a happy Pokémon, such as to get an Espeon or Umbreon. Otherwise, I find it pointless unless you really need a certain move and don't have anywhere to train, like when you're halfway through the Elite Four.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    When I was younger, rare candies were the top-rage in grade school. Now I just save them in my bad and barely use them because I now know it's not really helping your pokemon (competitive battling wise)

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I use them right beofre the champion just to give my pokemon that extra boost. It always helps alot.

Back