• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When someone doesn't reply to a VM...

devilicious

dream
Years
  • I don't really mind if my VMs don't get answered
    like said above, their loss!

but I try to answer all my VMs yes yes
    sometimes I take a few days to do it though because I don't know what to say but in the end I try to answer them anyway unless I really really have nothing to say or the conversation ended right there

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • i don't mind it at all, unless i VM'd him/her a question that i wish s/he could answer.
    i'm going to be honest and say that i don't respond to every single VM i get. it's because, most of the time, i seriously don't feel like talking. i guess that, okay, yes for the sake of courtesy, maybe i should reply, but it shouldn't be my duty to reply to every single one.
    as for staff, i guess it depends. if it's a newbie asking a question about the workings of this forum and all that, then i guess they are obliged to respond. but otherwise, if it's just a friendly "hi! :-)", then they should have the option not to reply.

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
    Years
  • Hmmm if it's the first VM I've sent to a person and it's not hard to reply to, usually I get a little peeved. Otherwise I don't mind very much.
    If it's someone I only talk to on PC and I think we're friends, then I'll just usually gently poke them since they might have just forgotten. I would try to keep the conversation going.
    If it's someone I talk to on Msn anyway, it doesn't matter. I'll just begin to spam their profile with random pictures and such. xD

As for me, I always reply to my VMs unless I miss/forget them. However sometimes I delay replying to them for so long that people think I'm ignoring them when in reality I haven't been messaging anyone. xD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • People get busy, forget, and such. So if someone forgot to reply I don't think much about it.
    Me, I try to reply to every VM that comes my way. I don't go to my profile unless I'm ready to reply to them. And the ones I don't get around to I'll bookmark for later. If it's something not important (like a question answered, or some place I don't have to reply to) then I'll just let it go.

As for Staff replying to VMs... yea I think they should try their best to reply to VMs. More so if they're questions (thus why I tell people if it's something important send me a PM). I hate it when I get PMs/VMs from people saying "I asked such and such Mod about this but they never replied", and that Mod has been on since, and replied to other VMs before and after that person.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    It's not that big of a deal to me when I don't get a reply, usually people are just busy or they could have missed it, or sometimes it just takes a while and that's fine, it doesn't have to be instant. I like getting VMs myself and I try to reply to them as much as I can, but sometimes I have missed some too, it just happens.

I don't necessarily think that staff should make a greater effort to make sure to reply to VMs, but I do think that the staff should come off as approachable, and replying to VMs would help.

Years
  • That they are busy and forgot or CBA. Either one doesn't bother me. It happens.

Sometimes people can get so busy they forget and/or they just can't be bothered talking to anyone; happens to me a lot.​

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    I can think of a couple of situations where someone fails to respond to my message, especially on forums:

Like some mentioned, they could very much busy or just don't feel like responding. I don't care about that. I don't generally assume they would immediately reply to my messages. However, when that person is obviously online but for some reason is delaying the reply, then that could be either he/she actually forgot about the VM [which is perfectly common and acceptable] or he/she just don't want to reply to me because they don't like me or don't want to converse with me anymore [which is also acceptable I guess but rude and unnecessary].

There is also that VM that many send to someone because they want to get to know him/her yet that user is too cool to reply and just ignores the message for the heck of it.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • When someone doesn't reply to a vm I'd start to think what I said/did wrong and then go on that person's profile and then keep on refreshing it and then I'd probably delete the message after so that I don't look stupid :'D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I... don't really contact people... People contact me mostly I think. But if someone doesn't reply within a few days I'm usually just like "oh well". I mean if I know them I'll generally be talking to them on MSN or Skype too so it's no big deal. And if I don't then that's okay, I'll just... not really know them anyway?

I try to answer all my VMs in a timely manner although I wander off sometimes so... yeah. If I'm on PC VMs are the first things I do and I answer them all and if one pops up while I'm online I'll go answer immediately. I just don't like to leave people hanging I guess.

As far as staff go they should def make a valiant attempt to answer all the question VMs they get tossed their way but if random people that they don't find interesting are attempting to make conversation then they don't have to talk to them. I probably wouldn't. Except I would 'cause I'm far too nice. But staff have a right to choose the people they socialize with too.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • When others don't reply: This would depend. If my last VM was meant to be a closure of sorts, of course I don't mind. It's annoying if they reply in such a case, xD.
    However, when I ask someone something that they don't take the time to answer, it kinda hurts. Ouch! This usually happens with mods, and I usually take them to be arrogant(sorry).

Do I reply to all my VMs: I do, basically. The only case I don't reply is, as mentioned above, when their last VM was meant to end the conversation. I've faced difficulty when trying to end a conversation that could be described as more of an argument, but still.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Eh, I pretty much don't care if I get a response to my my VMs. Usually I get a feeling of "OH GOD WHAT DID I SAY", but then I get over it after 5 seconds. I just simply move on.

Most of the time when I don't respond to a VM is when I forget to respond. Since I'm busy, I get a VM, and I'm like "oh, imma like...respond to it later on." and then I forget...and that's when I feel bad. xD

Back