• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen When the games are released in English [ #10 ]

What will you do?

• Total voters

Jerpy

Give me your cookies...!
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    I'm gonna explore the reigion. It's what I done when I first got Diamond and it's so fun the first time round. I'm still gonna try training my Pokemon a lot and probably do a lot of grinding as I do want them strong for the Elite Four. After the Elite Four, I'll porbably just venture around and catch and train the Pokemon I like. :)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well I'll be playing the game of course! It'll be quite the adventure for me as many things have changed; one main thing being the graphics. I'll definitely be taking my time to explore the region as I don't want to miss anything. Besides taking my time allows me to have more enjoyable hours put in towards the game. Not only that, but I'll be able to notice any little things and learn more about what you need to do in the game as I go along in English which will be more of a help for anyone who is having trouble getting through. One thing's for sure, I'll definitely spending more of my free time playing the games as well as posting my doings and whatnot here. :P

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • English is the only language I know, so when I get them (whenever the release date is), I will do what I always do when I get a new game, that is, talk to every NPC, explore the entire area, and kick butt like always.....

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm probably gonna want to take my time in exploring the region. It'd be a good idea because it might be useful for any "future projects"...

Still, I'm very excited about the game and I may end up speeding through it anyways XD

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • Im going to buy both pokemon games, Im going to beat White in like 10 hours non-stop playing, and then Black is the one where I'll get the pokes I can't get in White, transfer, reset, etc.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Well, it took me around 8-9 days to get the badges in my Japanese White (and I was seriously underleveled), so I think I'll take my time this time round. Catch almost every Pokemon I see, actually train my Pokemon to the right levels for the gym battles and the Elite Four, and have fun with some side stuff on the way, like the Subway and the Musicals.

Since I already have my dream team set up, I think I'm going to do much better than having to train a new batch up by grinding with the E4. It was boring, and I don't want to repeat that again.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I'll be taking the scenic route when I buy White. Speed through the game? avoid trainers? Deah heavens, no.

I like how the poll asks you to explain why you aren't buying the game on release day. xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Not buying it on release day. Because:

1. The female playable trainer needs to be incarcerated by the fashion police.
    2. My brother has told me he will buy both games. If I do decide to try them, there will already be a copy handy without me having to waste the money.
    3. I want to use my old favorites in-game. I don't want to be limited to the new Pokemon and those dang new Pokemon need to stay the heck off my lawn! [/crankyoldmanmode]

Bay

Years
  • Like the other games, I'll take my time the first time around to get a feel of the region, the Pokemon, and the story. I might do some training to be a couple levels ahead of the gym leaders, as I have always done.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm going to play through it at the same pace that I usually play through Pokémon games, which is to say avoid trainers, but explore the landscape, and then when I need to grind, go back and beat all of the trainers I avoided.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Before the game is released I'm hoping I finish up my game on SoulSilver. When Black and White comes out though, I'll have it pre-ordered a month before its release so I can pick it up on its release day.

Once the game is in my hand, I'll be taking my time playing through it while catching a ton of the new Pokémon in Unova. While at the same time, training a team that includes various types of the new Pokémon rather than having six set team members. Makes the game more enjoyable for me, plus I get to test out what the new Pokémon are like.

EV training can come later and when I don't feel so lazy.

Last edited:

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I plan to slow down a bit and catch some pokémon, but I may end up changing my mind so that I'll havee more to do in the post-game.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    When I get the games, I will start exploring the region. Getting around it will be an experience that will be memorable. I will also try to catch anything they can throw at me, in whatever method! I'm sure I'll fill up my Dex before 6th gen, like what I did with my HG.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'll begin playing it, but I'll take my time too. When I was smaller I used to just try and run through games super quick....but I like more now to slow down and take time to search for items and side quests.

I also used to catch a new pokemon any time I saw it, it was only in the last generation (4) that I waited until I beat the main game to catch every pokemon. Gives me something to do after I beat the main storyline. :p

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    I plan to take my time this play through. I sped through my Japanese White... I completed the main story over the span of just one weekend. This time I will slow down a lot to enjoy the story and train more than just my starter until post-league. :cheeky:

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • I'll probably do nothing on the release date, even though I'd kinda like to play one of the two asap. The buying part is something I'm not too excited about, if you get what I mean... -.-'

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'll try and get the games on the release date (aka convince Nan/Pop), and just pretty much explore the region. I want to take my time with the games rather than rush through, so that the excitement lasts longer. As for the Pokemon, I know of them already, so yeah. :D;

Anddd unsticky time.~

Years
  • I'll just play it normally and enjoy the experience. Though, I'm much more interested in being able to breed and EV train 5th Gen Pokes than I am the story of the game. :)

Back