• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When was the last time you went to the hospital?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Bored in a random room. Had my first heart attack..at 21! Woo! Literally 5 seconds after making a heart attack joke.

Well played, God.

I was kind of out of it from the drugs they gave me when I posted this, but everything is fine. I had a mild one caused by an arrhythmia I didn't know I had.

Last edited:
    Years
    D: That sounds awful. Hope everything's alright!

I've been to the hospital multiple times within the last 10 years. First time was unexpectedly because I needed an emergency surgery to remove an ovarian cyst, and my ovary had somehow twisted too so they had to remove the whole thing :c There have been a couple close calls because of extreme abdominal pains within the last year that sent me to the hospital, and it wasn't fun waiting until 3AM to get looked at \: Thankfully the last 2 didn't involve vomiting of any kind.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Other than birth, I don't think I've been to one for myself. I have been to them recently though, as part of my mother's cancer treatment. I'm lucky to be healthy myself; even if I'm not the most healthy person that has ever lived, I'm never hospital-level sick.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    God damn dude. That sucks.

Nope, the worse thing that's happened to me was a few fractured ribs, which they can't really do anything about, just had to go on bed rest for like a month.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If it's to visit someone, it would be about two to three months ago; went there to see my aunt, who was soon about to get an operation. It all went fine, so thank god. :] If it's for personal reasons, then that would be around eight - nine years ago when I was 11; had to go to get an injection of sorts.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Last time I went to an hospital was for my leg surgery. Had gotten a tumor in it and they needed to remove it.

Years
    Other than birth, I don't think I've been to one for myself. I have been to them recently though, as part of my mother's cancer treatment. I'm lucky to be healthy myself; even if I'm not the most healthy person that has ever lived, I'm never hospital-level sick.

Be lucky you haven't had to go to a hospital other than when you were born D: Food is terrible, and there's nothing to entertain you. Or at least that was my case because I was stuck there for a week after my surgery. My mom is the only person in our family who hasn't been to the hospital; sister was there because of cancer, and dad needed a gallbladder surgery last year. Hopefully my mom stays healthy, and won't ever need to be rushed to the hospital like the rest of us have \:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Yeah, I'm pretty lucky too. I haven't broken anything or had to stay at the hospital for more than a couple hours. I only went once last year, I had a burst ovarian cyst that hurt so much I couldn't walk and my parents thought it was appendicitis. But they really only gave me some painkillers and I was shipped right out of there, haha.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Oh, jeeze... I've only been to the hospital once in my whole life around 12 years ago, from a fractured wrist.

However, one day last summer while I was walking to work, a couple of unleashed dogs came after me with teeth & claws bare for a few seconds before their owner came & got them under control. Thankfully, they were small breeds - if they were any bigger, I'd likely would've been hospitalized for that.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    I've been in an out of the hospital my whole life. When you know the nurse's names, yeah.

Mostly I've been in hospitals a lot because my mother had cancer and was in and out of the hospital a lot for that. And then her back surgeries, etc. I hate hospitals, but that doesn't mean I'm uncomfortable with them. Plus, I work in one now, sort of. I mean I drive an ambulance as a tech, so.

I'm no stranger to hospitals.

The last time I was actually admitted? Last summer. I have tonsillitis, and sometimes my throat pretty much closes from it. I can't eat or drink without a lot of pain so I end up dehydrated. The surgery is too painful for someone my age and I can't afford it anyways. I end up I the hosp. so they make sure I don't suffocate and that I get on an IV for fluids for a few days. Last time this happened I lost a ton of weight because I couldn't eat. Sucked.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    The hospital is the last place I even want to see or remember... last time I was there was on March 12th this year, the same day that my grandma passed away from heart attack.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    Oh god. I've been to the hospital way too many times in this year alone. I am the most accident prone person you could ever meet, which is strange because it's never a serious injury, not usually anyways.

Years
    It was in 2009, when I had a huge lump growing on my leg. If one doesn't know already I have a weird genetically inherited condition that causes boils to often grow on the most uncomfortable parts of my body, like on the groin of my legs.

Most of the time the boils aren't bad but in this one's case it was hurting my leg so often I had trouble walking without it hurting me, and it had to be surgically cut out. I had to miss school for almost a whole week at the time, because I often had to wear a patch to cover up the remnants of the surgery until it healed.

My biggest hospital visit would have to be in 2004 when I badly cut my forehead on a door and as a result from the stitching operation there's a thick scar there.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Glad to hear you're alright now. :)

I only have two hospital stories worth sharing. I'll go with the shorter one first, but I love sharing the second one. Best thing ever.

When I was 12, I broke my collarbone. Nothing too exciting. I broke it at like 10PM and the doctor was angry with me for waiting until the following morning to go to the hospital. I seriously just thought it was a pulled muscle or something. It didn't hurt nearly as bad as a broken bone sounds like it would. Especially to a 12-year-old. It was bruised and a little sore, whatever. /shrug

Now let's go back a few years: when I was 7, I had strep throat. Sounds even less exciting, right? I mean, what kid hasn't had strep? I had it all the time when I was little. So I had this sore throat, we went to the doctor.. and it came back negative. "It's not strep, just a cold."
    Well alright, you're the professional. So I took some Nyquil or something and waited for it to pass. Then one night I woke my mom up at about 3 because I became aware that I couldn't feel my legs. :D
    Went to the hospital... and it was strep. And it moved because it got bored of being in my throat, I guess. Didn't like the fellow bacteria in there. So it moved to my hips, where it resided for the next 2 months. And I was paralyzed from the waist down for that entire time. In and out of the hospital every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for IVs because I couldn't hold anything down.
    I was 7, and I was absolutely convinced I was going to die. I still remember the first time I got up and started walking around after that whole ordeal. One of my sisters (please note, she was 16 at the time) was watching me while my parents were busy, and she saw me and started screaming for my parents, "She's walking! IS SHE SUPPOSED TO DO THAT?!?" {XD}

Though that time could have gone far worse. Apparently strep can also turn into a flesh-eating disease. I'm almost glad now that I was only paralyzed.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I was only in hospital for an operation to remove a growth or something from my nose. Was never really told what happened. All I know is that it didn't let me breathe easily, so I had to get it out.

Last time I visited was only 2 weeks ago or something, visiting my brother after he got some head injuries. Only got to visit him once because I had to look after the house, but they had to drain blood from his head or something like that. There was a whole bag with blood by his bed, and I was a bit unnerved by it ^^; He's out now, so I'm really happy that he's okay.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
    Last time was probably last christmas I got tonsillitis and I was coughing up blood on christmas eve luckily it subsided about a day or so after getting my meds. :3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    G.U.Y, I love how you described this as your "first" heart attack, do you plan on having more?

The last time I was in hospital was on February 5th this year when my housemate had a epileptic seizure and fell into a wall outside our apartment and broke his nose.

Back