• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When you post... do you edit straight away?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I do this a lot. I notice typos and forget to say things but then I just click post automatically then have to go back to edit. Though this has a negative side to it because people could ignore the edited part of my post. :[

Note: This is not only about typos, this can be about editing straight away to add forgotten points too. XD; Just saying before this thread totally goes in that direction >_>;

Last edited:

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
  • Not sure how much discussion can really be generated from a thread like this. It's basically just a common sense thing that if you need to edit, you edit! Simple.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Seems you missed the thread point.

Basically, it's how often you edit straight away after posts. Some people just don't bother and leave the typos, or adress the point on the next post. Besides, discussion isn't supposed to be generated in OVP, only interesting replies which answer the question. If you want discussion based on people's editing skills, go to OC. Simple!

Years
  • Not sure how much discussion can really be generated from a thread like this. It's basically just a common sense thing that if you need to edit, you edit! Simple.

And I don't quite see the point in anybody barging into the thread and generalising it. There are people who don't actually take this sort of thing to full regard and the purpose of this poll is to weigh the mannerisms of people who edit straight away and those who are apathetic. Basically little things can actually spawn some form of interesting discussion, surprisingly enough.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I ALWAYS post, then edit the post to change some words or add another line XD
    It's some kind of weird habit, posting and then doublechecking XD

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
  • Ease up. I wasn't intending to start an arguement. I'm entitled to an opinion and didn't need the smart comments back. Cheers

Bay

Years
  • There are times if I forgot to add something or there's a typo I would edit right away or the next time I see my post again. However, sometimes it might be weeks until I notice a typo. I would edit or I might forget to then. XD;

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    If I make a typo or something. XD I almost always have a typo in my BBCode, but sometimes I just ignore it and not care.​

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I always reread my posts after submitting them, and it's usually only then that I'll notice a mistake or realize that the wording I chose was terrible.

Chances are good that I changed this very post at least once before my little five minute editing time frame was up...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I "stealth/ninja" edit a lot because my keyboard is a piece of junk and often some keys don't register as being pressed ("S" and "N*" are problems on mine). As I'm known as a stickler for grammar, such mistakes could destroy my reputation and credibility, so I'm sure to correct them at the first opportunity.

I also edit my number when I'm ninja'd in threads like TCTI and Don't Let the Mod Say Anything.

*I actually no longer have an "N" key; I have to press the cavity where it used to be. Told ya my keyboard was a piece of junk :P

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I don't normally. I tend to proofread my post a lot before submitting it. Unless I've forgotten to add something or happen to notice a typo, I won't edit it again. I tend to mess up BBCode a lot whenever I post, so I always double-check it. The only exception to this would be when I post in fast-paced threads, such as TCTI (in which I am notorious for making BBCode failures).

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Yes, because I almost never come back to threads I've already posted in.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Usually I'll post, look at my post and edit it directly afterwards, but when I come back to the same topic later, I'll look at my posts first, and then the new posts. If I think my old post needs rephrasing and nobody's quoted it, I'll fix it. I usually get my best ideas about ten minutes after posting.

BenRK

That One Guy!
    Years
  • I do this a lot. Sometimes I said something wrong, or I think of something else to say after I post. I don't usually make typos, as Firefox points them out usually (but that doesn't mean they can't still be there). I don't know ANYONE who's a perfect speller, we all make mistakes.

Back