• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When you were younger what did you think the strongest pkmn was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Mew, Becasue of the movie, Or charizard because the card was hard to get :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    I always used to think Mewtwo was.
    Just by the way he looked and he was the last in the Pokedex. (KantoDex)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I thought Mew until I actually got one, Metronome = fail.
    Apart from that, I never really concerned myself with which Pokemon is strongest...

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I always though Mew was the strongest, because he was so mysterious....I never figured out how to get one =(

Kelster

Artist
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2008
    Mewtwo and Mew.
    With the right moves they own.
    Mewtwo's Me First is a handy one.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    As far as the cards went, Charizard was the one to get. Not that any of my friends or I even played, just collected, but still, you had to have a Charizard!

In terms of the game, my friend and I were always using cheats to get Mew, so, yeah, I'd say Mew.

I also used to think Raticate was amazing, and that hyper fang was practically the best attack in the game, back when I played Yellow. That was pretty much my strategy - hyper fang everything. Not a bad attack, but clearly not the best, and not worth keeping Raticate on my team, heh.

Years
  • Due to the rarity of it's TCG card, I thought Charizard was, followed by Mewtwo, the legendary bird Pokemon, Dargonite, and... well, those other rare Pokemon.

DevinRed

Merry Christmas!
    Years
  • 1st Gen: Hitmonlee
    Stfu! I was 4!

2nd Gen: Lugia
    That's a given:P!

3rd Gen: Rayquaza
    He was t3h ul7im@73 pWnZ0rZ!

4th Gen: Electivire
    Yes... He sweeps amazingly! But other than him... ARCEUS!!!1!

Detox

Back then for some reason i thought it was gengar...maybe because im obsessed with ghost types....

Sea Guardian

A Kitsune who watches the Sea
    Years
  • In the first generation I thought it was Mewtwo 'cause hes really powerful and the psychic pokemon in the first gen were WAY too hard to kill.
    In the second gen I thought it was Lugia because hes awsome and because the other legendary was Ho-oh(I just kept thinking "If theres already one Fire/Flying legendary why make another one?")
    In the 3rd gen I thought it was Rayquaza Because he was bigger, meaner and harder to catch.
    For the 4th gen.... I'm still not sure.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • When I was younger- Mewtwo was the only uber- except Mew but Mew is too cute to be as strong as Mewtwo (in my mind at the time). So Mewtwo- and on that note I really want to watch pokemon the first movie again

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
  • Charizard crossed my mind, mostly because of it's apperance, and how rare it's TCG card was
    I had three Charizard cards, all real and in mint condition. =3 (Until I lost them, along with half of the cards I planned to sell. =[ )
    Anyways, I always thought it was Dragonite in R/B/Y, mainly because I beat Lance's after a stall-war with it against my Haunter. I never considered Mewtwo, because neither I nor anybody I knew used him. (I was against Legendaries since I was 6.)
    In G/S/C it was Tyranitar, who was even more beastly then he is now.

Years
  • I believed that Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur were the strongest/best ones. It was in the end of the 90´s.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back